X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThunderGun
    • Dec 2011

Bills looking at extensions for Byrd and Levitre

The Bills are expected to explore contract extensions for FS Jairus Byrd and LG Andy Levitre by late summer or fall.

Both acquired in the second round of the 2009 draft, Byrd and Levitre emerged as nucleus players last season after disappointing sophomore seasons. They will be next on the docket after the front office extends Fred Jackson's contract. Mar 9 - 10:06 AM

Link:
    Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

• Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills looking at extensions for Byrd and Levitre

I like it. Both are definitely guys worth keeping. I wonder if Wood is left out of the extension conversation for now because they want to see if he can stay healthy.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
      • Aug 2004

Wood has a 5 year deal being a 1st rounder.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

very good news.. I am liking this FO. they seem to be really on top of things

Comment

• ThunderGun
          • Dec 2011

I know. It looks like they are finally going to stop letting all of our decent players walk.

Comment

• Raptor
            • Jan 2009

great news

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

I have a feeling this front office is going to turn the bills into one of those teams that they talk about as having a window of opportunity to win a superbowl. Let's hope that buddy keeps that window open indefinitely through solid drafting and sound free agency moves along with keeping our guys and a bills uniform.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ThunderGun
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                I have a feeling this front office is going to turn the bills into one of those teams that they talk about as having a window of opportunity to win a superbowl. Let's hope that buddy keeps that window open indefinitely through solid drafting and sound free agency moves along with keeping our guys and a bills uniform.
                I hope so. Their 2010 draft was pathetic, IMO. But I loved the draft this past year, and we seem to be making a lot of good decisions, regarding keeping our core players.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ThunderGun
                  I hope so. Their 2010 draft was pathetic, IMO. But I loved the draft this past year, and we seem to be making a lot of good decisions, regarding keeping our core players.
                  Well, Nix did not have a chance to upgrade the scouting dept before the 2010 draft. After the draft, Modrak was fired & the scouting dept was upgraded.

Comment

• ThunderGun
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by better days
                    Well, Nix did not have a chance to upgrade the scouting dept before the 2010 draft. After the draft, Modrak was fired & the scouting dept was upgraded.
                    I hope that's it. I'm willing to give Buddy the benefit of the doubt, and hope that the 2010 draft was because of Modrak and our old regime. So far, I like everything that Buddy says. I just can't believe how bad that draft was. If the 2012 draft goes as well as the 2011 draft did, I'll be convinced that he knows what he's doing.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ThunderGun
                      I hope that's it. I'm willing to give Buddy the benefit of the doubt, and hope that the 2010 draft was because of Modrak and our old regime. So far, I like everything that Buddy says. I just can't believe how bad that draft was. If the 2012 draft goes as well as the 2011 draft did, I'll be convinced that he knows what he's doing.
                      If the 2012 draft is as good as the 2011 draft, I think everyone should be convinced Nix knows what he is doing.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Thats what I'm talking about! It's nice to hear that the Bills are willing to lock their good players up!

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

On the surface it's good. Just a bit of a concern about eating up salary room with bigger deals when guys are already under contract. But I like the thought of extending guys early to keep them off the market.

We probably save money when we extend them way before the start of free agency.

Comment

• BillsLunaticEZE
                            • Feb 2012

Excellent news, for the first time in a while I actually feel like we no what we are doing.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

I'm all for signing Levitre as long as we keep him at G. He was mediocre at T and god-awful at C.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X