PDA

View Full Version : Peyton visiting Arizona Cardinals while he's out west

Skooby
03-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Play them all against each other & steal their salary cap:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/09/manning-will-visit-cardinals-too/

elltrain22
03-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Thats my prediction of where he'll end up. I think he really wants to play for Arizona. Arizona is a perfect fit for him. Decent running game, Larry Fitz & if Reggie Wayne comes with, thats pretty legit tandom. They also have a pretty decent defense, and Wisenhunt is a well respected offensive coach. I could very easily see this being a very good fit for Manning.

The Jokeman
03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Thats my prediction of where he'll end up. I think he really wants to play for Arizona. Arizona is a perfect fit for him. Decent running game, Larry Fitz & if Reggie Wayne comes with, thats pretty legit tandom. They also have a pretty decent defense, and Wisenhunt is a well respected offensive coach. I could very easily see this being a very good fit for Manning.
I agree Manning be a great fit for them but the Cardinals are going to have a tough time with Kevin Kolb's contract. As he signed a 5 year $63 million contract last year.
In the end I think the Redskins make the most sense as they can give him the contract he needs and could use Reggie Wayne more. Yet the question is does Peyton want to being in the same division with his brother. I say no but time will tell.

Night Train
03-10-2012, 07:43 AM
I agree Manning be a great fit for them but the Cardinals are going to have a tough time with Kevin Kolb's contract. As he signed a 5 year $63 million contract last year.

Kolb is due a 7 mil bonus next Saturday and the Cards are looking for a quick answer, with Kolb being cut if Manning says Yes. Not really a problem at all. Just timing. Cards are indeed his best option.

They'll draft heavy in the OL if he signs. Wayne would come onboard. Weak division. Warm weather. Dome stadium. A wildcard slot is very realistic.

They signed a former star QB before in Kurt Warner and went to a SB, so the history of making this move is all the more obvious.

better days
03-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Kolb is due a 7 mil bonus next Saturday and the Cards are looking for a quick answer, with Kolb being cut if Manning says Yes. Not really a problem at all. Just timing. Cards are indeed his best option.

They'll draft heavy in the OL if he signs. Wayne would come onboard. Weak division. Warm weather. Dome stadium. A wildcard slot is very realistic.

They signed a former star QB before in Kurt Warner and went to a SB, so the history of making this move is all the more obvious.

Well, there is no doubt Manning did not work out for the Broncos or we would have heard something about it.

That says to me he can not throw well enough yet to prove to teams he is healthy. If the Cards have to give Kolb that money by next week & want to sign Manning instead, they will have to sign him before he is healed enough to play QB effectivly in the NFL. Manning may not be healthy enough to play this year or ever for that matter. It would be a huge gamble to sign him now.

Night Train
03-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Well, there is no doubt Manning did not work out for the Broncos or we would have heard something about it.

That says to me he can not throw well enough yet to prove to teams he is healthy. If the Cards have to give Kolb that money by next week & want to sign Manning instead, they will have to sign him before he is healed enough to play QB effectivly in the NFL. Manning may not be healthy enough to play this year or ever for that matter. It would be a huge gamble to sign him now.

Not really because the Cards were reporting they were going to give John Skelton a serious look over Kolb. I think they already have serious doubt about Kolb going forward and are considering letting him go in the next week, regardless of Manning.

better days
03-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Not really because the Cards were reporting they were going to give John Skelton a serious look over Kolb. I think they already have serious doubt about Kolb going forward and are considering letting him go in the next week, regardless of Manning.

Skelton has looked good when he played. If the Cards let Kolb go, & cut their losses, that would make that a very bad trade they made with Philly & Kolb becomes another QB on the market for another QB needy team.

Ickybaluky
03-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Skelton has looked good when he played. If the Cards let Kolb go, & cut their losses, that would make that a very bad trade they made with Philly & Kolb becomes another QB on the market for another QB needy team.

It would be a worse deal if they pay the guy a boatload more money when he can't beat out John Skelton. Even if they don't get Manning, I doubt they keep Kolb.

I agree Arizona seems like the best fit for Manning. They have a pretty good young team, cap room and a climate-controlled stadium in a warm climate. Peyton and Ken Whisenhunt are golfing buddies too, so there is a relationship.

better days
03-10-2012, 09:43 AM
It would be a worse deal if they pay the guy a boatload more money when he can't beat out John Skelton. Even if they don't get Manning, I doubt they keep Kolb.

I agree Arizona seems like the best fit for Manning. They have a pretty good young team, cap room and a climate-controlled stadium in a warm climate. Peyton and Ken Whisenhunt are golfing buddies too, so there is a relationship.

Agreed, if Kolb can't beat out Skelton, it was a bad trade for the Cards.