• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

A few second tier free agents

Jameel McClain:

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

He's been getting better each year, is 26, and could be a solid backup.

Gary Brackett:

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Yes he's 32. But he's a 4-3 type LB who again could provide quality depth and be a fairly solid starter.

Jarrett Johnson:

Could be a decent wave run defender as a DE in a 4-3. Also can play in the 3-4 as a OLB. Not a pass rusher but could help us versus the run.

Eddie Royal:

Replaces Parrish as a returner and adds more play-making ability than Parrish.

Tedd Ginn Jr.:

I like Royal better in the pass game but Ginn is a better returner and deep threat.
    Last edited by X-Era; 03-10-2012, 09:08 AM.

• NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: A few second tier free agents

I like eddie royal, but thats about it...

Comment

• scartown
      • Dec 2008

Not sure I like any of those guys. I would really like to get Erin Henderson in here.

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Any team putting so many players on IR better pay close attention to the strength of their depth. The playoffs might have been possible with better depth.
        Last edited by X-Era; 03-10-2012, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
          Jameel McClain:

He's been getting better each year, is 26, and could be a solid backup.

Gary Brackett:

Yes he's 32. But he's a 4-3 type LB who again could provide quality depth and be a fairly solid starter.

Jarrett Johnson:

Could be a decent wave run defender as a DE in a 4-3. Also can play in the 3-4 as a OLB. Not a pass rusher but could help us versus the run.

Eddie Royal:

Replaces Parrish as a returner and adds more play-making ability than Parrish.

Tedd Ginn Jr.:

I like Royal better in the pass game but Ginn is a better returner and deep threat.
          Royal remainds me of a number of Bucs receivers. He showed a lot of promise his rookie year & has done nothing since. I would take Ginn over him in a heartbeat.

Comment

• BillsLunaticEZE
            • Feb 2012

I think all those guys are 3rd tier. Guys like Meachem, Manningham, Carr, are all 2nd tier, all starters but none will be probowlers. First tier are pro bowlers.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsLunaticEZE
              I think all those guys are 3rd tier. Guys like Meachem, Manningham, Carr, are all 2nd tier, all starters but none will be probowlers. First tier are pro bowlers.
              Probably splitting hairs. None of the guys you mentioned are #1 guys but have starter experience. All the guys I mentioned have starter experience as well.

Nix supposedly wants to add a bigtime WR. None of these guys either of us mentioned fit that. I mentioned Royal and Ginn to replace Parrish. You seem to be identifying the guy Nix mentioned as "bigtime" and none of those guys strikes me as that.

No issue with Carr.

It may just be a preference thing.
              Last edited by X-Era; 03-10-2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Raptor
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

agreed

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

I'd be very happy w/ Gary Brackett. Tackling machine we could very much use.
                  If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

I always loved Brackett's play, a heady guy with great instincts.

I'd be worried about him breaking down though. He is an undersized LB that has played in a Tampa-2 his entire career and is coming off a bad shoulder injury (torn rotator cuff) that required surgery. A smaller, older ILB with a bum shoulder would make me cautious offering him any guaranteed money.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
                      Hell will freeze over before Royal duplicates his rookie year.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                        • Mar 2003

i actually like royal i think he would be fine in this style of offense.

with the QB play the past 2 years i cant really blame him but i think we will be fine in the WR spot and wont even give him a look. (think we go hard at someone else or draft)

MUCK
                        FIAMI

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                          i actually like royal i think he would be fine in this style of offense.

with the QB play the past 2 years i cant really blame him but i think we will be fine in the WR spot and wont even give him a look. (think we go hard at someone else or draft)
                          Well, how about 2009? 345 yds, 0 TDs in 14 games. In 2010 Orton was the QB except for the last couple games & Orton was the QB for the first 4 games of 2011.

Anyone that likes Royal so much, draft him on your fantasy team & be prepared to be underwhelmed.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by better days
                            Well, how about 2009? 345 yds, 0 TDs in 14 games. In 2010 Orton was the QB except for the last couple games & Orton was the QB for the first 4 games of 2011.

Anyone that likes Royal so much, draft him on your fantasy team & be prepared to be underwhelmed.
                            vs. Parrish?

That was my concept here... replace Parrish with Royal.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                              vs. Parrish?

That was my concept here... replace Parrish with Royal.
                              Like I said, I would much prefer Ginn to Royal myself or even resign Parrish over Royal.

Comment

Working...
                              X