PDA

View Full Version : A few second tier free agents

X-Era
03-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Jameel McClain:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5031/jameel-mcclain

He's been getting better each year, is 26, and could be a solid backup.

Gary Brackett:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1524/gary-brackett

Yes he's 32. But he's a 4-3 type LB who again could provide quality depth and be a fairly solid starter.

Jarrett Johnson:

Could be a decent wave run defender as a DE in a 4-3. Also can play in the 3-4 as a OLB. Not a pass rusher but could help us versus the run.

Eddie Royal:

Replaces Parrish as a returner and adds more play-making ability than Parrish.

Tedd Ginn Jr.:

I like Royal better in the pass game but Ginn is a better returner and deep threat.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-10-2012, 09:24 AM
I like eddie royal, but thats about it...

scartown
03-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Not sure I like any of those guys. I would really like to get Erin Henderson in here.

X-Era
03-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Any team putting so many players on IR better pay close attention to the strength of their depth. The playoffs might have been possible with better depth.

better days
03-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Jameel McClain:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5031/jameel-mcclain

He's been getting better each year, is 26, and could be a solid backup.

Gary Brackett:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1524/gary-brackett

Yes he's 32. But he's a 4-3 type LB who again could provide quality depth and be a fairly solid starter.

Jarrett Johnson:

Could be a decent wave run defender as a DE in a 4-3. Also can play in the 3-4 as a OLB. Not a pass rusher but could help us versus the run.

Eddie Royal:

Replaces Parrish as a returner and adds more play-making ability than Parrish.

Tedd Ginn Jr.:

I like Royal better in the pass game but Ginn is a better returner and deep threat.

Royal remainds me of a number of Bucs receivers. He showed a lot of promise his rookie year & has done nothing since. I would take Ginn over him in a heartbeat.

BillsLunaticEZE
03-10-2012, 09:49 AM
I think all those guys are 3rd tier. Guys like Meachem, Manningham, Carr, are all 2nd tier, all starters but none will be probowlers. First tier are pro bowlers.

X-Era
03-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I think all those guys are 3rd tier. Guys like Meachem, Manningham, Carr, are all 2nd tier, all starters but none will be probowlers. First tier are pro bowlers.Probably splitting hairs. None of the guys you mentioned are #1 guys but have starter experience. All the guys I mentioned have starter experience as well.

Nix supposedly wants to add a bigtime WR. None of these guys either of us mentioned fit that. I mentioned Royal and Ginn to replace Parrish. You seem to be identifying the guy Nix mentioned as "bigtime" and none of those guys strikes me as that.

No issue with Carr.

It may just be a preference thing.

Raptor
03-10-2012, 10:08 AM

agreed

elltrain22
03-10-2012, 10:15 AM
I'd be very happy w/ Gary Brackett. Tackling machine we could very much use.

Ickybaluky
03-10-2012, 10:17 AM
I always loved Brackett's play, a heady guy with great instincts.

I'd be worried about him breaking down though. He is an undersized LB that has played in a Tampa-2 his entire career and is coming off a bad shoulder injury (torn rotator cuff) that required surgery. A smaller, older ILB with a bum shoulder would make me cautious offering him any guaranteed money.

better days
03-10-2012, 10:32 AM

Hell will freeze over before Royal duplicates his rookie year.

mikemac2001
03-10-2012, 11:28 AM
i actually like royal i think he would be fine in this style of offense.

with the QB play the past 2 years i cant really blame him but i think we will be fine in the WR spot and wont even give him a look. (think we go hard at someone else or draft)

better days
03-10-2012, 12:37 PM
i actually like royal i think he would be fine in this style of offense.

with the QB play the past 2 years i cant really blame him but i think we will be fine in the WR spot and wont even give him a look. (think we go hard at someone else or draft)

Well, how about 2009? 345 yds, 0 TDs in 14 games. In 2010 Orton was the QB except for the last couple games & Orton was the QB for the first 4 games of 2011.

Anyone that likes Royal so much, draft him on your fantasy team & be prepared to be underwhelmed.

X-Era
03-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Well, how about 2009? 345 yds, 0 TDs in 14 games. In 2010 Orton was the QB except for the last couple games & Orton was the QB for the first 4 games of 2011.

Anyone that likes Royal so much, draft him on your fantasy team & be prepared to be underwhelmed.vs. Parrish?

That was my concept here... replace Parrish with Royal.

better days
03-10-2012, 12:43 PM
vs. Parrish?

That was my concept here... replace Parrish with Royal.

Like I said, I would much prefer Ginn to Royal myself or even resign Parrish over Royal.

BertSquirtgum
03-10-2012, 01:55 PM
No thanks to all of them

DasBills
03-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I'd actually prefer Josh Morgan over Royal.

mikemac2001
03-10-2012, 02:13 PM

Anyone that likes Royal so much, draft him on your fantasy team & be prepared to be underwhelmed.

ya i said he should be the top FA target, but as a replacement for what parrish does and the style of offense we run i dont think its a horriable idea.

slot WR who is solid on Special teams all i was looking for not a #1 or #2 wr

better days
03-10-2012, 04:58 PM
ya i said he should be the top FA target, but as a replacement for what parrish does and the style of offense we run i dont think its a horriable idea.

slot WR who is solid on Special teams all i was looking for not a #1 or #2 wr

I would prefer the Bills used that roster spot on a young guy that may develop into something myself than waste it on a one year wonder.

mikemac2001
03-10-2012, 05:15 PM
I would prefer the Bills used that roster spot on a young guy that may develop into something myself than waste it on a one year wonder.

Dude isnt that old and was a 2nd round pick.

and his best two years arnt that bad, add the fact the QB situation was only solid with cutler.

No. 19 Denver Broncos
Wide receiver / Punt returner
Personal information
Date of birth: May 21, 1986 (1986-05-21) (age 25)
Place of birth: Alexandria, Virginia
Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) Weight: 185 lb (84 kg)
Career information
College: Virginia Tech
NFL Draft: 2008 / Round: 2 / Pick: 42
Debuted in 2008 for the Denver Broncos

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost

2010 Denver Broncos 16 10 59 627 10.6 41 3 6 61 10.2 20 0 4 2

2008 Denver Broncos 15 15 91 980 10.8 93T 5 11 109 9.9 71 0 2 1

better days
03-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Dude isnt that old and was a 2nd round pick.

and his best two years arnt that bad, add the fact the QB situation was only solid with cutler.

No. 19 Denver Broncos
Wide receiver / Punt returner
Personal information
Date of birth: May 21, 1986 (1986-05-21) (age 25)
Place of birth: Alexandria, Virginia
Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) Weight: 185 lb (84 kg)
Career information
College: Virginia Tech
NFL Draft: 2008 / Round: 2 / Pick: 42
Debuted in 2008 for the Denver Broncos

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost

2010 Denver Broncos 16 10 59 627 10.6 41 3 6 61 10.2 20 0 4 2

2008 Denver Broncos 15 15 91 980 10.8 93T 5 11 109 9.9 71 0 2 1

How CONVENIENT you left out 2009. How did that year just disappear into thin air?

Bucs WR Michael Clayton the #15 pick in the 2004 draft had 80 receptions for 1193 yds & 7 TDs his rookie year. A MUCH BETTER year than Royal had his rookie year. His 2nd year he had 372 yds 0 TDs, SIMILAR to Royals 2nd year in 2009. I WAITED PATIENTLY for Clayton to regain the form he showed his 1st year on the Bucs. It NEVER happened.

You can wait & wish for Royal to regain his form from his first year like I did with Clayton, but NOT me, I would rather see the Bills use that spot on a young guy that may develop into something good. I promise you Royal will never have a year as good as his rookie year again.

mikemac2001
03-10-2012, 06:30 PM
How CONVENIENT you left out 2009. How did that year just disappear into thin air?

Bucs WR Michael Clayton the #15 pick in the 2004 draft had 80 receptions for 1193 yds & 7 TDs his rookie year. A MUCH BETTER year than Royal had his rookie year. His 2nd year he had 372 yds 0 TDs, SIMILAR to Royals 2nd year in 2009. I WAITED PATIENTLY for Clayton to regain the form he showed his 1st year on the Bucs. It NEVER happened.

You can wait & wish for Royal to regain his form from his first year like I did with Clayton, but NOT me, I would rather see the Bills use that spot on a young guy that may develop into something good. I promise you Royal will never have a year as good as his rookie year again.

Wow i said his best two years werent bad so i supplied them

You said a younger playerto develop i said he was 25

idc if we sign him just was puttibg some stats to back the poster who started the thread

I want a top wr in fa or draft and keep what we have

better days
03-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Wow i said his best two years werent bad so i supplied them

You said a younger playerto develop i said he was 25

idc if we sign him just was puttibg some stats to back the poster who started the thread

I want a top wr in fa or draft and keep what we have

Well, you also blamed poor QB play for Royals poor play the last two years. The fact is his play in 2009 with Cutler at QB was every bit as bad & maybe worse than his play last year. I'm telling you the problem is Royal NOT the QB. I saw him drop a number of balls last year.

Royal may only be 25 years old, but IMO he has reached his zenith. He will never get there again & now as a vet he will cost more than a rookie that could actually develop into something like Stevie Johnson did. As I said give that spot to a young guy that may develop into something.

mikemac2001
03-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Well, you also blamed poor QB play for Royals poor play the last two years. The fact is his play in 2009 with Cutler at QB was every bit as bad & maybe worse than his play last year. I'm telling you the problem is Royal NOT the QB. I saw him drop a number of balls last year.

Royal may only be 25 years old, but IMO he has reached his zenith. He will never get there again & now as a vet he will cost more than a rookie that could actually develop into something like Stevie Johnson did. As I said give that spot to a young guy that may develop into something.

thats fine i dont have an issue with that, but i also wouldnt say royal is done it wouldnt be a signing i would be pumped for i just wouldnt be like this is a pointless signing

better days
03-10-2012, 07:08 PM
thats fine i dont have an issue with that, but i also wouldnt say royal is done it wouldnt be a signing i would be pumped for i just wouldnt be like this is a pointless signing

If I was not a Bucs fan as well as a Bills fan, I'm sure signing Royal would not bother me. As a Bucs fan, I have been down that road far too often, hoping a guy that showed promise early on would turn it on again after having a hiccup in his career.

I would just rather see him go to the Jets or Pats* & let them hope he turns it on again because I doubt he does.

BertSquirtgum
03-10-2012, 08:33 PM
There are better 2nd tier players than the ones named in this thread.

mcclain would be a good pick up though. dan connor over brackett all day. Early doucet would be much better pick up than eddie royal. i don't know if laurent robinson is second tier but if the Bills don't want to draft a receiver, trying to land him would be a smart thing to do.

anybody know why channing crowder retired last year? if he was healthy, getting him out of retirement would be good.