PDA

View Full Version : New Era cap company is the new official hat company of the NFL

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
03-10-2012, 10:29 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/incoming/article221323.ece/BINARY/w620/101610biz.jpg

The president of New Era Cap Co. says his enterprise will be working hard to be ready to supply National Football League players, coaches -- and fans -- with their official headgear the season after next.

"2012 will be here before you know it," Pete Augustine, president of the Buffalo-based sports apparel maker, said Friday, three days after his firm won the exclusive right to make on-field head wear for the NFL. "We have a blank canvas to start with, and we're excited about offering a new and unique line of products."

Another thing the company will be sketching out, Augustine said, is what, if any, additions will be made to the company's facilities or employee ranks.

"We're going to be sitting down and talking about what it will take, resource-wise," he said.

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article221324.ece

ddaryl
03-11-2012, 06:45 AM
do they still manufacture in the USA !!! ??

Will these hats be manufactured int he USA ???

Jan Reimers
03-11-2012, 07:09 AM
They have a large manufacturing facility in Derby, about 20 miles down the lake from Buffalo.

ddaryl
03-11-2012, 07:14 AM
They have a large manufacturing facility in Derby, about 20 miles down the lake from Buffalo.

I knew they used to.. Wasn't sure if it was still there.

If they are manufacturing them locally that is a HUGE HUGE positive in my eyes. Great news to hear !

Now just find us a USA manufacturer of Jerseys and I am all in !!!

Night Train
03-11-2012, 07:27 AM

They actually outgrew that location Jan and moved to Downtown Buffalo a couple years back, taking over the old Federal Reserve Bank Bldg on Deleware Ave. and W. Huron. Big retail store outfront and factory behind it.

Skooby
03-11-2012, 07:33 AM
God Bless these guys, Buffalo industry is coming back!!!

superbills
03-11-2012, 08:39 AM
This really is an incredible win for the owners and workers of New Era, people who love Buffalo, AND for domestic mass production of a product. Wins all around IMHO.

ublinkwescore
03-11-2012, 10:49 AM
I am buying a new era baseball cap this season.

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2012, 11:08 AM
I strictly by New Era Lids, which works out because they make the best caps out there.

ParanoidAndroid
03-11-2012, 11:45 AM
It's nice. Really not that big of a deal as far an economic impact in Buffalo, but it's good.
As for the hats.... don't care for the big Elmer Fudd structured dome and huge, flat brim.
I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but they outsource to China, especially since they closed the Alabama plant.

ParanoidAndroid
03-11-2012, 11:46 AM
I am buying a new era baseball cap this season.

Make sure it's USA made.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
03-11-2012, 01:53 PM
2012 Draft Cap

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IWtyEU9QqpM/T1u7b5PkYDI/AAAAAAAABPg/6aqgvq53gdQ/s1600/NFL_Draft_BUFBIL_59FIFTY.jpg

Michael82
03-11-2012, 02:32 PM
2012 Draft Cap

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IWtyEU9QqpM/T1u7b5PkYDI/AAAAAAAABPg/6aqgvq53gdQ/s1600/NFL_Draft_BUFBIL_59FIFTY.jpgDamn, I was worried they were going to all be made that way. I hope they still make non fitted hats for those of us who dont like that big flat brim and also i hope they arent all those huge hats. I actually liked the Reebok ones and will miss those.

Beebe's Kid
03-11-2012, 06:13 PM
I am a New Era fan from the way back. I will say that the on-field hats for MLB are decent, and not all the flat brim persuasion. They can actually be worked with a bit. I am glad that I won't have to buy the hat that is pre-broken-in now...the Reebok hats were a drag, and I am not into stretch fit either. 7 1/4 and it fits oh so nice, without the horrible stretch.

Good move by the NFL.

OpIv37
03-11-2012, 09:11 PM
This really is an incredible win for the owners and workers of New Era, people who love Buffalo, AND for domestic mass production of a product. Wins all around IMHO.

it won't be a win for fans if they charge $40 for a ****ing hat like they do with the official MLB ones.

Michael82
03-12-2012, 12:17 AM
it won't be a win for fans if they charge $40 for a ****ing hat like they do with the official MLB ones.

Exactly! The Reebok ones, especially the stretch fit ones were nice. Plus like you said, they were only $20 or $30, not $40 like the New Era baseball ones.

WagonCircler
03-12-2012, 02:31 AM
I REALLY hope they have the good sense to make several different styles, rather than just the rapper hats.

I imagine, with such an important contract, they'll make 47 Twins-type caps and Reebok style strech caps and everything in between.

Hopefully it means jobs for WNYers.

WagonCircler
03-12-2012, 02:31 AM
I REALLY hope they have the good sense to make several different styles, rather than just the rapper hats.

I imagine, with such an important contract, they'll make 47 Twins-type caps and Reebok style strech caps and everything in between.

Hopefully it means jobs for WNYers.

Mski
03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
you guys do realize that the 59 fifty hat is the standard hat they sell, and the authentic MLB hat... the pictures of the big crest and flat brim are how the come directly from the factory, and are quite easy to break in and make look less buly. they hip-hop community just chooses to leave them like that. every player in MLB is issued a hat that looks just like that at the start of the season, and you dont see any of them wearing hats that look like that on game days

Forward_Lateral
03-12-2012, 02:13 PM
These new hat styles are ***** gay. And by mean I mean, well, they look ***** gay. Anyone who wears their had tilted to one side, with a straight brim is a dork. Kids used to get beat up for wearing hats like that. I would set my hair on fire before I wore a piece of garbage like that on my head.