• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Pass rushers, receivers on Bills' free agent wish list

Free agency starts at 4 p.m. Tuesday. Here's a preview of the talent available, with an emphasis on the Bills' positions of need:
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: Pass rushers, receivers on Bills' free agent wish list

well we can all pray for mario williams

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Pass rushers may be a reach, with little showing outside of Williams ( who will be vastly overpaid ). Most others listed are suspect although I like DT/DE Jones of Tenny for his versitility and ability against the run. Put a OLB outside of him with some wheels ( Melvin Ingram or Nick Perry ) and you may have something.

WR's are easy to find in FA, which is why I dismiss any talk of drafting one high.

LT Jared Gaither should be a high priority, which would eliminate a big draft day need. Bell cannot stay healthy to justify any legit offer.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ThunderGun
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Night Train
        Pass rushers may be a reach, with little showing outside of Williams ( who will be vastly overpaid ). Most others listed are suspect although I like DT/DE Jones of Tenny for his versitility and ability against the run. Put a OLB outside of him with some wheels ( Melvin Ingram or Nick Perry ) and you may have something.

WR's are easy to find in FA, which is why I dismiss any talk of drafting one high.

LT Jared Gaither should be a high priority, which would eliminate a big draft day need. Bell cannot stay healthy to justify any legit offer.
        To be fair, Gaither has quite an injury-history himself. Gaither is still a clear upgrade over Bell though.

Comment

• ThunderGun
          • Dec 2011

There are so many wrs available in free agency. I really want V Jackson, but we won't win a bidding war. I'd take Meachum though. If we don't get him, there are a bunch of good #3 wrs. Doucet, Harry Douglas, Chaz schiliens or Jerome Simpson would all be solid #3's

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Kamerion Wimbley hasn't been released yet but he is should be a top FA pursuit.

We will definitely bring in a WR upgrade. I think an aggressive attempt to get VJax is what this team needs. that 6'-5" body along with a healthy Chandler should pay big time red zone dividends. Shoudl also free up Stevie a ton.

LT's just don't make FA, so we might have to be aggressive in the draft to get one worthy. Still gonna need to bring in a FA OT.

We will still have big needs at OLB and CB

Comment

• DasBills
              • Sep 2011

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills try to trade for Freeney.

Comment

• JCBills
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train

You know they went back to 4-3, right?

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

Meachem would make me a happy camper this offseason.

Comment

• Raptor
                    • Jan 2009

Should be interesting. Its one thing to have the money and want to spend it, its a whole another thing to convince players to take it

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      • May 2009

I hope the Bills overpay for Mario Williams. They overpaid for that bum Fitzpatrick. So, why not for a guy who is actually worth the money?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                        Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                        • Jan 2010

i feel nervous about our pass rush situation on the outside... we literally have nothing there...

obviously we need a number 2 wr too

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
                          i feel nervous about our pass rush situation on the outside... we literally have nothing there...

Yeah, 2 big needs coming up here. I hope we can fulfill at least one of them.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

Chris Brown had a story at Buffalo Bills.com discussing what the Bills need in free agency. He had a Nix interview in it and indicated that our GM feels we need a second WR, OT, one or maybe two pass rushers (DE) and mentioned the always needing a CB or two. It sounded like he felt two of these needs be met through UFA.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                              Chris Brown had a story at Buffalo Bills.com discussing what the Bills need in free agency. He had a Nix interview in it and indicated that our GM feels we need a second WR, OT, one or maybe two pass rushers (DE) and mentioned the always needing a CB or two. It sounded like he felt two of these needs be met through UFA.
                              with the amount of money we have, is colston and wimbley possible?

Comment

Working...
                              X