PDA

View Full Version : DE Situation

ryven
07-02-2003, 02:01 PM
What are your opions who will start oppisite schobel?

My pick as strange as it seems is grant irons from what i read is he is always working out so he probably physically able to do it also when he played last year when he was in the game he looked good and he had alot of intensity when on the field.

:chair:

LtBillsFan66
07-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Good question. My fear is that none of the candidates stick out in my mind. No one's that much better than Chidi, IMO. We'll see. I hope I'm wrong.

SamAdamsFan
07-02-2003, 02:08 PM
I think if Jones will be fully recovered he will do well. He was supposedly a strong run stopper and a fast pass rusher in Tampa Bay. If he isn't healthy then I have no idea, I bet Irons would do as well as anyone else we have though.

ryven
07-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Does any one have a list for DE free agents

WG
07-02-2003, 08:38 PM
I-R-O-N-S!!!

Check out Irons' bio:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/playerpage.cfm?player_id=47119

"Street and Smith's preseason second-team All-American. . .ranked 10th nationally among defensive ends by The Sporting News and 15th by Lindy's. . .named to Football News preseason all-independent team. . ."

The only reason he wasn't a decent draft pick was likely due to his injury. Well, after last season, he seems healed to me. Last year was his rookie year, so IMO lookout! I think he's gonna take the job hook, line, and sinker!

We'll see, but I'm pumped! He's got the leadership and intensity apparently. All he needed was to overcome the injury which he has and to get past his rookie year w/ some experience, which again, he did.

Irons, Adams, PW, Schobel

:up:

ryven
07-03-2003, 07:00 AM
Thx for your opion but does any one have a list of free agent DE's

SamAdamsFan
07-03-2003, 07:16 AM
I've actually looked around at lists of unsigned free agents, but it seems like DE's are in such high demand that even low quality ones have already signed somewhere. One just signed with the 49er's but he didn't seem to have very impressive numbers. I just think that ever since Douglas signed with Jacksonville, the free agent market for starting DEs has been over for this year.

WG
07-03-2003, 07:19 AM
There aren't any worthwhile ones, I've already checked and asked this same question about 6 weeks ago.

It's bad for DE's this year. We'll have what we have.

ryven
07-03-2003, 07:19 AM
the only reason i ask is because there might be something there for competition but i guess not.

thx

Buckets
07-03-2003, 08:08 AM
I'm hoping this turns out to be another of TD's super moves and Marcus Jones is healthy and ready. If not Irons is a good bet. It seems that when he was in there things happened. Also as training camps go along and cut down deadlines approach someone might come available.

TigerJ
07-03-2003, 08:46 PM
I think the Bills think that Jones is the guy if healthy. If he's not, then training camp becomes a competition to start for Irons, Denney, and Kelsay.