PDA

View Full Version : if we dont get mario, wimbley or freeney?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-11-2012, 02:09 PM
this is scary... we need a permium outside rusher..

YardRat
03-11-2012, 02:19 PM
We're not getting Mario or Freeney, and the chances for Wimbley are very slim. Just IMO.

The Jokeman
03-11-2012, 02:23 PM
In my version of the offseason I"m seeing us signing Wallace Gilberry as an UFA and drafting Andre Branch in the 2nd Round of the draft and Julian Miller in the 5th Round of the draft.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-11-2012, 02:32 PM
In my version of the offseason I"m seeing us signing Wallace Gilberry as an UFA and drafting Andre Branch in the 2nd Round of the draft and Julian Miller in the 5th Round of the draft.

ugh...

BertSquirtgum
03-11-2012, 02:32 PM
The Bills are going to sign both Williams and Wimbley. Don't worry about it.

tampabay25690
03-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Mincey is a guy I think the Bills could sign and we can plug in right away.
Still young and probably just getting in his prime.

EDS
03-11-2012, 02:38 PM
For sure this is the year Merriman stays healthy . . .

ublinkwescore
03-11-2012, 02:45 PM
I hope buddy at the very least will get wimbley

Mr. Pink
03-11-2012, 02:47 PM
This is the first time I've ever seen Wimbley be considered a premium pass rusher.

I doubt we get any of the three but would say Wimbley is the most realistic choice of this group.

The Jokeman
03-11-2012, 03:12 PM
I was high on Curry before the combine but his slow time worries me a little. I haven't been sold on Chandler Jones at all. Then again I've never been a Syracuse fan to begin with. Personally I think we're wise to get a vet (Gilberry) and one player high in the draft. I like Branch as don't see Coples falling to pick 10 and then allow us to shore up other needs like WR in Floyd or LT (as I don't see us bringing back Bell) in Martin or Reilly.

I also mentioned taking a flyer on a guy like Miller in Round 5 as gives us insurance incase Branch fails to live up to his billing. Sort of like we did when took Hardy in Round 2 and Stevie in Round 7 four years ago.

You could argue the samething about Gilberry. I know people look at the sack total falling from 7.5 to 2.5 but understand that he played in 158 less snaps in 2011 than he did in 2010 because the Chiefs added Allen Bailey in the 2nd Round of the draft last year. In other words he missed close to 2.3 - 3.0 games worth of action. One key stat that is worth looking at last year is he did force 2 fumbles which shows he's a bit of a playmaker as he had 2 in 2010. Yet he also had 3 pass defensed which tells me they were using him more as a LB role then an DE which is not his strong suit. Of his 2.5 sacks, one was against Tom Brady.

His size compares to a guy many people feel we should draft, Courtney Upshaw. Also it's an interesting fact Gilberry is an Alabama alum too yet he played on the line there at left DE but graduated the year before Dareus joined the Tide. I'm not saying he's an All Pro but he's a smart play free agent to go after if we can't land a big name. Coming out of the draft he compared to Mark Anderson, who if you didn't see it wracked up 10 sacks last year in New England. Just some food for thought.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/04/09/secret-superstar-wallace-gilberry-kansas-city-chiefs/

NOT THE DUDE...
03-11-2012, 03:29 PM
is it enough to count on vinny curry in rd 2 and chandler jones in rd 3, and thats assuming they are still there...

tampabay25690
03-11-2012, 03:32 PM
is it enough to count on vinny curry in rd 2 and chandler jones in rd 3, and thats assuming they are still there...

You can never hope for anything in the draft...
Jones may be gone end of 2nd and Curry could be gone end of 1st you never know.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-11-2012, 03:59 PM
I was high on Curry before the combine but his slow time worries me a little. I haven't been sold on Chandler Jones at all. Then again I've never been a Syracuse fan to begin with. Personally I think we're wise to get a vet (Gilberry) and one player high in the draft. I like Branch as don't see Coples falling to pick 10 and then allow us to shore up other needs like WR in Floyd or LT (as I don't see us bringing back Bell) in Martin or Reilly.

I also mentioned taking a flyer on a guy like Miller in Round 5 as gives us insurance incase Branch fails to live up to his billing. Sort of like we did when took Hardy in Round 2 and Stevie in Round 7 four years ago.

i guess being a realist, if the above plays out we are going to be counting on merriman again...

The Jokeman
03-11-2012, 04:08 PM
i guess being a realist, if the above plays out we are going to be counting on merriman again...
I'm not counting on Merriman at all. Yet I think my plan is realistic and fair. Will any of the guys I mention get double digit sacks by themselves in 2012? Most likely not but if two of the three could get between 5-9 along with Kelsay putting in the same amount it at least improve our pass rush. Who knows one might surprise us and out up 8.5 sacks like Rich Owens did under Wannestadt in 1999.

DraftBoy
03-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Mincey and Jones are the two guys I expect us to realistically target.

scartown
03-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Mincey and Jones are the two guys I expect us to realistically target.

I like going after Mincey but Jones really struggled when he played DE last year.

Raptor
03-11-2012, 05:25 PM

Still young? He'll be 29 at seasons end and 5 of his sacks came against the worst team in the league

Im not seeing how he upgrades us

and for the rest of this thread Wimbley isn't even a FA nor does it look like he's gonna be

Does anyone even know what the Colts are asking for?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Still young? He'll be 29 at seasons end and 5 of his sacks came against the worst team in the league

Im not seeing how he upgrades us

and for the rest of this thread Wimbley isn't even a FA nor does it look like he's gonna be

Does anyone even know what the Colts are asking for?

they already said wimbley is getting cut, im pretty sure freeney will too...

JCBills
03-11-2012, 06:32 PM

So you're done with the Upshaw lovefest?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-11-2012, 06:44 PM
So you're done with the Upshaw lovefest?

i dont think nix likes him at 10...

The Jokeman
03-11-2012, 08:36 PM
i dont think nix likes him at 10...
He didn't even perform at Alabama's pro day due to an injury. Upshaw's draft grade is sinking fast.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Looking at the situation... im guessing we go really hard after wallace gilberry...

hes incredibly strong, 6-3 270, runs pretty fast, and is utlra quick with his first step and hands. he can bull rush and dip his shoulder. and hes young.

he would probably start or at least split time with merriman if merriman is healthy...

NOT THE DUDE...
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Looking at the situation... im guessing we go really hard after wallace gilberry...

hes incredibly strong, 6-3 270, runs pretty fast, and is utlra quick with his first step and hands. he can bull rush and dip his shoulder. and hes young.

he would probably start or at least split time with merriman if merriman is healthy...

The Jokeman
03-11-2012, 09:08 PM

Welcome to the Wallace side. What finally convinced you?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the Wallace side. What finally convinced you?

saw his highlights. hes explosive... better than anything we have...

mincey is also an option...

those two could start right now...

kingJofNYC
03-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Yeah, we need a pass rusher, and I think FA is the primary way to get it done this year.

Seeing as how we're letting Bell go, and Hairston is the only other tackle on this team, it's pretty evident that they're going to go out and draft one. And he'll be and afforable/controllable asset for 5 years. There are no LT worth a **** in this FA class, but there are a couple of rushers.

We'll see how it goes, but for now I think it's clear we're target an OT in the draft.

Saratoga Slim
03-12-2012, 05:53 AM
Yeah, we need a pass rusher, and I think FA is the primary way to get it done this year.

Seeing as how we're letting Bell go, and Hairston is the only other tackle on this team, it's pretty evident that they're going to go out and draft one. And he'll be and afforable/controllable asset for 5 years. There are no LT worth a **** in this FA class, but there are a couple of rushers.

We'll see how it goes, but for now I think it's clear we're target an OT in the draft.

I'm sure we'll draft one, but bet it's not in the first round.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-12-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm sure we'll draft one, but bet it's not in the first round.

yeah, nix said hes confident hairston can be the LT... hes bigger and stonger than bell and has jumbo elliot ability. im not worried about hairston...

i do think we target a LT in rds 3-5...

im pretty sure floyd or kirkpatrick will be the pick, depending on whos there.

floyd if both are there...

kingJofNYC
03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Gailey on the other hand, in his interview with Chris Brown at the combine, was not confident in Hairston's ability, not at all.

If you think you can find a franchise LT in the later in the draft, well I don't know what to say really. That spot has been a problem since Peters' departure and he was a diamond in the rough. Go early on OT or go home without one, a capable one anyone.

They're taking a OT early, so some of you better get used to the idea.