if we dont get mario, wimbley or freeney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
    • Jan 2010

if we dont get mario, wimbley or freeney?

this is scary... we need a permium outside rusher..
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: if we dont get mario, wimbley or freeney?

We're not getting Mario or Freeney, and the chances for Wimbley are very slim. Just IMO.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
      this is scary... we need a permium outside rusher..
      In my version of the offseason I"m seeing us signing Wallace Gilberry as an UFA and drafting Andre Branch in the 2nd Round of the draft and Julian Miller in the 5th Round of the draft.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman
        In my version of the offseason I"m seeing us signing Wallace Gilberry as an UFA and drafting Andre Branch in the 2nd Round of the draft and Julian Miller in the 5th Round of the draft.
        ugh...

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          • May 2009

The Bills are going to sign both Williams and Wimbley. Don't worry about it.

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

Mincey is a guy I think the Bills could sign and we can plug in right away.
            Still young and probably just getting in his prime.
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

For sure this is the year Merriman stays healthy . . .

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

I hope buddy at the very least will get wimbley
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

This is the first time I've ever seen Wimbley be considered a premium pass rusher.

I doubt we get any of the three but would say Wimbley is the most realistic choice of this group.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

I was high on Curry before the combine but his slow time worries me a little. I haven't been sold on Chandler Jones at all. Then again I've never been a Syracuse fan to begin with. Personally I think we're wise to get a vet (Gilberry) and one player high in the draft. I like Branch as don't see Coples falling to pick 10 and then allow us to shore up other needs like WR in Floyd or LT (as I don't see us bringing back Bell) in Martin or Reilly.

I also mentioned taking a flyer on a guy like Miller in Round 5 as gives us insurance incase Branch fails to live up to his billing. Sort of like we did when took Hardy in Round 2 and Stevie in Round 7 four years ago.

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                    Mincey is a guy I think the Bills could sign and we can plug in right away.
                    Still young and probably just getting in his prime.

You could argue the samething about Gilberry. I know people look at the sack total falling from 7.5 to 2.5 but understand that he played in 158 less snaps in 2011 than he did in 2010 because the Chiefs added Allen Bailey in the 2nd Round of the draft last year. In other words he missed close to 2.3 - 3.0 games worth of action. One key stat that is worth looking at last year is he did force 2 fumbles which shows he's a bit of a playmaker as he had 2 in 2010. Yet he also had 3 pass defensed which tells me they were using him more as a LB role then an DE which is not his strong suit. Of his 2.5 sacks, one was against Tom Brady.

His size compares to a guy many people feel we should draft, Courtney Upshaw. Also it's an interesting fact Gilberry is an Alabama alum too yet he played on the line there at left DE but graduated the year before Dareus joined the Tide. I'm not saying he's an All Pro but he's a smart play free agent to go after if we can't land a big name. Coming out of the draft he compared to Mark Anderson, who if you didn't see it wracked up 10 sacks last year in New England. Just some food for thought.

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.
                    Last edited by The Jokeman; 03-11-2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                      • Jan 2010

is it enough to count on vinny curry in rd 2 and chandler jones in rd 3, and thats assuming they are still there...

Comment

• tampabay25690
                        • Feb 2004

is it enough to count on vinny curry in rd 2 and chandler jones in rd 3, and thats assuming they are still there...
                        You can never hope for anything in the draft...
                        Jones may be gone end of 2nd and Curry could be gone end of 1st you never know.
                        GO Gators!!!!!!
                        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                          I was high on Curry before the combine but his slow time worries me a little. I haven't been sold on Chandler Jones at all. Then again I've never been a Syracuse fan to begin with. Personally I think we're wise to get a vet (Gilberry) and one player high in the draft. I like Branch as don't see Coples falling to pick 10 and then allow us to shore up other needs like WR in Floyd or LT (as I don't see us bringing back Bell) in Martin or Reilly.

I also mentioned taking a flyer on a guy like Miller in Round 5 as gives us insurance incase Branch fails to live up to his billing. Sort of like we did when took Hardy in Round 2 and Stevie in Round 7 four years ago.
                          i guess being a realist, if the above plays out we are going to be counting on merriman again...

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

i guess being a realist, if the above plays out we are going to be counting on merriman again...
                            I'm not counting on Merriman at all. Yet I think my plan is realistic and fair. Will any of the guys I mention get double digit sacks by themselves in 2012? Most likely not but if two of the three could get between 5-9 along with Kelsay putting in the same amount it at least improve our pass rush. Who knows one might surprise us and out up 8.5 sacks like Rich Owens did under Wannestadt in 1999.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Mincey and Jones are the two guys I expect us to realistically target.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X