PDA

View Full Version : Bills Tender Urbik Rinehart

Yasgur's Farm
03-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Official... https://twitter.com/#!/buffalobills/status/179208903404425216

The <S>#</S>Bills (https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23Bills) today announced that the team has tendered offers to Restricted Free Agents G Chad Rinehart and G Kraig Urbik.

JCBills
03-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Good. Both played very well last year. Hopefully they get deals done.

Mahdi
03-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Urbik will probably be FA next year and get a good contract. We won't pay Levitre and Urbik.

jamze132
03-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Urbik might garner some interest. What did we tender him?

better days
03-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Urbik will probably be FA next year and get a good contract. We won't pay Levitre and Urbik.

I disagree. Nix said the Bills will keep their good players. Both Levitre & Urbik are good & I think both will be Bills a long time.

Mahdi
03-12-2012, 09:39 AM
I disagree. Nix said the Bills will keep their good players. Both Levitre & Urbik are good & I think both will be Bills a long time.
They will resign Levitre to a long-term contract. And the way Urbik is playing, he is going to demand a big contract next year as he is still young. Rarely do NFL teams pay big contracts to two guards. Don't expect Buffalo to be one of them unless he agrees to sign in the middle of the season to protect himself.

better days
03-12-2012, 09:47 AM
They will resign Levitre to a long-term contract. And the way Urbik is playing, he is going to demand a big contract next year as he is still young. Rarely do NFL teams pay big contracts to two guards. Don't expect Buffalo to be one of them unless he agrees to sign in the middle of the season to protect himself.

It would not surprise me to see the Bills sign Urbik to a new contract before the season starts.

ddaryl
03-12-2012, 10:09 AM

Completely disagree

Mahdi
03-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Completely disagree
Agreed.

Jan Reimers
03-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I thought Urbik Rinehart was one of Colonel Klink's underlings on Hogan's Heroes.

Ed
03-12-2012, 10:34 AM
They could re-sign Urbik next year to a similar deal that Pears got. I don't think he's going to break the bank.

clumping platelets
03-12-2012, 10:43 AM
I thought Urbik Rinehart was one of Colonel Klink's underlings on Hogan's Heroes.

:gag:

Oaf
03-12-2012, 10:58 AM
And the way Urbik is playing, .

How IS he playing? Is he better than Levitre/Wood? From what I remember, Rinehart was pretty solid as a sub-starter right?

JCBills
03-12-2012, 11:01 AM
How IS he playing? Is he better than Levitre/Wood? From what I remember, Rinehart was pretty solid as a sub-starter right?

Very well. Between Levitre, Urbik, and Rinehart, they have two good starters and very good depth. Urbik even played well filling in at C outside of a few bad snaps.

When the next sentence refers to a big contract, I think its easy to deduce how he's playing.

Mahdi
03-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Levitre-Urbik were one of the best guard tandems in the league last year. Urbik didn't allow a single sack. He even came in and played well as a C. That will boost his value further.

DraftBoy
03-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Happy to have Urbik back but let's not count the chickens before they hatch. This is just a tender, nothing is stopping another team from putting in an offer on them and paying the draft pick price should the Bills not match.

Neither player is back with the team yet.

Mahdi
03-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Happy to have Urbik back but let's not count the chickens before they hatch. This is just a tender, nothing is stopping another team from putting in an offer on them and paying the draft pick price should the Bills not match.

Worst we can do is lose either of them or both of them for 3rd round picks each. If they tendered them at the second level we get second rounders and first level would get us first round picks.

Ed
03-12-2012, 11:08 AM

What is the draft pick price?

DraftBoy
03-12-2012, 11:11 AM
What is the draft pick price?

Depends on the tender, which I haven't seen reported.

DraftBoy
03-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Worst we can do is lose either of them or both of them for 3rd round picks each. If they tendered them at the second level we get second rounders and first level would get us first round picks.

I agree, just saying the tender does not always mean they will be back. 9 times out of 10 sure, but there are always situations where the players gets another offer and the team doesn't match.

Mahdi
03-12-2012, 11:15 AM
I agree, just saying the tender does not always mean they will be back. 9 times out of 10 sure, but there are always situations where the players gets another offer and the team doesn't match.
I wouldn't be too upset with a 3rd round pick though.

DraftBoy
03-12-2012, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't be too upset with a 3rd round pick though.

Not for Rhinehart I certainly wouldn't.

Michael82
03-12-2012, 11:19 AM
I hope Urbik was tendered higher than his draft pick. A bunch of teams would be interested in a young starting guard like him, for only a 3rd rounder. Rinehart could also go for a 3rd rounder, IMO.

JCBills
03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
It doesn't help to eat up the team's depth, but Rinehart for a 3rd wouldn't be bad.

They seem to be good at finding interior line talent, so it may not be a huge issue.

Urbik I wouldn't want to let go though. He played exceptionally last season.

kingJofNYC
03-12-2012, 11:55 AM
It's a deep draft at G, so I doubt we see action for Urbik/Rinehart, cheap, but you never know.

clumping platelets
03-12-2012, 11:59 AM
It's a deep draft at G, so I doubt we see action for Urbik/Rinehart, cheap, but you never know.

I suspect that Urbik got a 2nd rd tender and Rinehart got the min tender which would get us a 3rd rd pick...............neither player will get an offer sheet and be here for another year. I bet the Bills invest 2 draft picks on OL..........1 pure OT and another that can play G/T or C/G

kingJofNYC
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Yeah, they're taking a OT early for sure, probably at 10. You just don't find many tackles in the later rounds and without Bell, Hairston's the only other guy. No way they rely on him.

justasportsfan
03-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Yeah, they're taking a OT early for sure, probably at 10. You just don't find many tackles in the later rounds and without Bell, Hairston's the only other guy. No way they rely on him.

Oh Ye of little faith. Bills will be sifting through teams pratice squads.

YardRat
03-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Good moves (expected, of course) would like to keep them both.

thenry20
03-12-2012, 01:22 PM

Haha!