X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Terrell Thomas

CB is a need for this team, Leodis stink, McGee is old/broken, and frankly Florence isn't that good.

Which leaves us with Justin Rogers and A.Williams. Thomas was the Giants best CB by far, when healthy. An incentive laden deal may be worth a look, we need a true #1 CB and I'm not sure he's on the roster.

Pats will make a hard run at him I think.
  • JCBills
    • Jan 2010

Re: Terrell Thomas

McKelvin finally started to play well last year actually. He's had no pass rush to allow them to make more plays.

Florence is a penalty machine and gets burned deep too much.

Rogers showed promise towards the end of the year. Looks like a solid dime corner.

Williams is a guy I think they'll use in multiple spots. He's solid against the run and pass. Looks like he could be a good #2.

McGee is old. Maybe he has something left, but they need more young corners regardless.

CB is a 2nd to 5th round need probably. Wouldn't be upset if they took Kirkpatrick though.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I'd like to see them make a run at the Graham kid from the Bears.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Here's the thing with McKelvin, I actually think he can run with most WRs, but he falls apart when the ball is actually in the air.

Doesn't have the ball skills, seems like he loses track of it, also loses coordination.

A pass rusher would help everyone back there. I'm just not sure McKelvin has what it take to be a consistent starter, hasn't shown it yet.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

Williams and McGee are a good starting duo. McKelvin (as JC stated) finally showed he can do something... If we can get Merriman and Kelsay off the edge (yes, I said Kelsay) to get some pressure and having Williams and Dareus up the middle... That's pretty formidable.

4 down men, a simple blitz off the side or up the middle from Barnett, the QB is going to pretty much either throw it straight to a slant or with hands in his face toss the ball up for anybody. I think that McKelvin has the cognizance and the general ball awareness to find a jump ball and make something out of it...

Now... Florence? He was just plain pitiful in coverage last year. I would prefer a pecking order of Williams, McGee, McKelvin, Rogers, then Florence in situational issues would be OK... but we need to either draft another or pick one up in FA.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
            Here's the thing with McKelvin, I actually think he can run with most WRs, but he falls apart when the ball is actually in the air.

Doesn't have the ball skills, seems like he loses track of it, also loses coordination.

A pass rusher would help everyone back there. I'm just not sure McKelvin has what it take to be a consistent starter, hasn't shown it yet.
            McKelvin can stay with most WRs I've seen him have to cover. He's a fluid athlete with top notch speed, we know that.

The ball skills are still a weak point, but I can't blame the guy when the QB had 8 seconds to read and make the throw every time. It is extremely hard to cover for that long.

Ball skills can be learned, as well as reading the WR to know when to switch to playing the ball. I think at worst he's a solid nickel corner. Not what you'd want from a 1st rounder, but if they go Kirkpatrick you could be looking at 1st 2nd and 1st rounders making up the nickel package.

Comment

• JCBills
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
              Williams and McGee are a good starting duo. McKelvin (as JC stated) finally showed he can do something... If we can get Merriman and Kelsay off the edge (yes, I said Kelsay) to get some pressure and having Williams and Dareus up the middle... That's pretty formidable.

4 down men, a simple blitz off the side or up the middle from Barnett, the QB is going to pretty much either throw it straight to a slant or with hands in his face toss the ball up for anybody. I think that McKelvin has the cognizance and the general ball awareness to find a jump ball and make something out of it...

Now... Florence? He was just plain pitiful in coverage last year. I would prefer a pecking order of Williams, McGee, McKelvin, Rogers, then Florence in situational issues would be OK... but we need to either draft another or pick one up in FA.
              Honestly at this point Reggie Corner is better than Florence.

Comment

• Thief
                • Sep 2009

A pass rush would make our current secondary one of the best in the league, IMO.

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Thief
                  A pass rush would make our current secondary one of the best in the league, IMO.
                  You've seen our corners, right???
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Buddo
                    • Mar 2007

Is Thomas actually healthy? He might not be capable of passing a physical atm - I just don't know tbh.
                    I do recall that the Giants want him back, but I don't know if they, or anyone else, will be making any deals with him until he's fit.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                      • Sep 2003

CB is a need for this team
                      Along with DE, OLB, WR, OT, TE, Depth at Guard, etc....

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Buddo
                        Is Thomas actually healthy? He might not be capable of passing a physical atm - I just don't know tbh.
                        I do recall that the Giants want him back, but I don't know if they, or anyone else, will be making any deals with him until he's fit.
                        From what I've heard, he wants a better deal than what the Giants are offering. Some concern about his leg, but they just won a SB with Webster and no one else.

I don't think they're priority is CB, they need to lock up JPP and possibly land a LB. They're pass rush is so good, makes everyone better. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury.

Comment

• Mike
                          • Jan 2009

Bills need to focus on the one area that will improve all other areas: pass rush.
                          Please Make Sense

Comment

• jamze132
                            • Jun 2003

To think we wasted a 1st RD pick on McKelvin. I want to laugh but it hurts.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Extra picks in Rounds 4&5 is probably the spot where CB's will be found.

The early picks should be LT,DE,OLB.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X