PDA

View Full Version : TSN: Brown named "Good guy"

Demon
07-02-2003, 02:49 PM
This weeks issue of The Sporting News magazine, they list "Good guys" throughout sports. Players who help kids and their communities and take time away from their own schedules to help others.

They named Ruben Brown the 3rd best "good guy" in the NFL behind John Carney (#1) and Jerome Bettis (#2).

This is the profile they gave Brown:
"Directs Shop with a Jock, a program in which he and teammates take needy kids on two-hour holiday shopping spree at a local sports store. Supports the Salvation Army with a motorcycle fund raiser. Has a football camp for 190 kids from local Salvation Army programs."

Punter Brian Moorman was named as a "nominee" for the "Good Guy" list as was ex Bill Ted Washington.

Pretty nice to see some players giving back to the community to those who can't afford it.

Edit: I just went to Sportingnews.com and noticed they already have the article on-line so here's the link.

http://www.sportingnews.com/features/goodguys/2003/index.html

ublinkwescore
07-02-2003, 06:00 PM
I wish I had the money to where I could donate hundreds of thousands of dollars where ever I see fit.

I'd probably target homeless people, and children's hospitals, and kids living in broken homes.

ublinkwescore
07-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Or better yet, I'd set something up to where for each college class that a single mother or father passes, I'll pay their educational costs, and give them a transportation allowance/gas card.

Turf
07-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
I wish I had the money to where I could donate hundreds of thousands of dollars where ever I see fit.

I'd probably target homeless people, and children's hospitals, and kids living in broken homes.

Why don't you seel that freakin car of yours?:redcar:

ryven
07-03-2003, 07:07 AM
Well thats shows a sign of a great player he is able to leave his attitude on the field i guess he is a real bull on the field but a big teddy bear off the field.