PDA

View Full Version : Talk is cheap

OpIv37
03-13-2012, 01:32 PM
It's nice that Nix and Brandon are saying the right things.

I'll be happy if they actually DO it.

So far, their FA hauls consist of Nick Barnett and a bunch of role players.

ThunderGun
03-13-2012, 01:35 PM
I agree.

I've spent weeks managing my expectations, mentally preparing myself for another boring free-agency period. Now, Buddy has me getting my hopes up, with talk of "making a splash".

One thing to consider though, just because they are going to make offers to two big-name guys, it certainly doesn't mean that we are going to land either of them. I'd like to give Buddy the benefit of the doubt, but the last 12 years has me a little skeptical about this organization and their intentions/commitment.

Idk....I could just see Buddy in a week saying "well, we tried...."

Skooby
03-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey, stop shi**ing on our parade. Just let recent history be your guide, lol.

kingJofNYC
03-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Nothing's going to change, same **** different year.

I'm sorry if I seem like pessimist, but it's hard to expect a different outcome when year after year you're presented with the same results.

justasportsfan
thanks Captain Nancy

ThunderGun
Hey, stop shi**ing on our parade. Just let recent history be your guide, lol.

lol. Is hearing a different opinion really that big of a deal?

Sorry for "shi**ing on the parade", but can you really blame somebody for being a little skeptical? Just let recent history (like, the most recent decade) be your guide.

mikemac2001
03-13-2012, 01:40 PM
I didnt know the FA period already ended

THRILLHO
03-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Talk is cheap. But at least it is keeping the day interesting.

Pinkerton Security
03-13-2012, 01:42 PM
FA hasnt begun yet.

SquishDaFish
03-13-2012, 01:44 PM
**** dude stop with the negative ****. FA hasnt even started yet. Lets see if they back it up

clumping platelets
03-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Op is Debbie Downer

DrGraves
03-13-2012, 01:46 PM
There hasn't been a legitimate stud brought in here in a long, long time. I am not stupid and I'm not getting my hopes up just to be let down -- AGAIN.

I hope Buddy proves me wrong, but anyone thinking we will bring in anything better than a B-list player is a sucker.

Skooby
03-13-2012, 01:47 PM
lol. Is hearing a different opinion really that big of a deal?

Sorry for "shi**ing on the parade", but can you really blame somebody for being a little skeptical? Just let recent history (like, the most recent decade) be your guide.

Sarcasm, what a difficult concept.

OpIv37
03-13-2012, 01:47 PM
**** dude stop with the negative ****. FA hasnt even started yet. Lets see if they back it up

nothing negative about it.

It's the simple reality.

FA hasn't STARTED yet either, but that hasn't stopped half the board from blowing their loads over thoughts of Mario Williams and Vincent Jackson.

Like it or not, the reality is that this FO has had pretty mediocre results in FA, yet everyone has a hard-on because they said the right things in a media interview.

People need to just ****ing relax until something ACTUALLY happens.

EDS
03-13-2012, 01:50 PM

It's the simple reality.

FA hasn't STARTED yet either, but that hasn't stopped half the board from blowing their loads over thoughts of Mario Williams and Vincent Jackson.

Like it or not, the reality is that this FO has had pretty mediocre results in FA, yet everyone has a hard-on because they said the right things in a media interview.

I tend to agree, but at the same time reality has been such a bitter pill a little pie in the sky dreaming, if only for a few hours, can't hurt the beaten, bloodied and numbed carcass of most Bills fans at this point, can it?

THRILLHO
03-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Op is totally right in his views. Aside from our OLine splurge when is the last time we have made a splash? I'm keeping the faith just like I always do, but I also expect to be disappointed, as we almost always are. Just remember what was said by Buddy a few weeks ago: "At the right price."

kingJofNYC
03-13-2012, 02:02 PM
thanks Captain Nancy
I'm optimistic about the team though!

Don't think giving Mario Williams 90m is going to solve our problems. I remember fans killing Schobel for disappearing at times, Super Mario is the king. Disappears, injured more than you like.

Wish we had another Schobel.

SquishDaFish
03-13-2012, 02:03 PM

It's the simple reality.

What the hell is wrong with looking at the bright side? Or the other side of the rainbow?? Does it hurt your negative outlook that much???

SquishDaFish
03-13-2012, 02:04 PM

Don't think giving Mario Williams 90m is going to solve our problems. I remember fans killing Schobel for disappearing at times, Super Mario is the king. Disappears, injured more than you like.

You obviously know nothing about Williams. He only had 1 year where he missed more than 2 game for injury and that was last year.

justasportsfan
03-13-2012, 02:08 PM

Sorry. I was talking to the thread starter.

OpIv37
03-13-2012, 02:10 PM
What the hell is wrong with looking at the bright side? Or the other side of the rainbow?? Does it hurt your negative outlook that much???

Because there is no bright side yet. Absolutely nothing has happened. Again, that's not negative- it's just reality.

SquishDaFish
03-13-2012, 02:11 PM
So we have FA to look forward to. People have hopes and dreams. Let them have their time to HOPE we do something. No reason to think negative yet.

Mr. Pink
03-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Today and draft day are the two bright sides days of the year when you're a fan of a team that perennially sucks.

Today is the first day to significantly improve your bunch of scrubs.

How anyone cannot be excited or positive today is beyond me.

justasportsfan
03-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Today and draft day are the two bright sides days of the year when you're a fan of a team that perennially sucks.

Today is the first day to significantly improve your bunch of scrubs.

How anyone cannot be excited or positive today is beyond me.

stop talking about the Cleveland browns. No one here cares.

better days
03-13-2012, 02:20 PM

It's the simple reality.

The very title of the thread is NEGATIVE.

OpIv37
03-13-2012, 02:23 PM
So we have FA to look forward to. People have hopes and dreams. Let them have their time to HOPE we do something. No reason to think negative yet.

I'm not telling anyone to think negatively.

I'm simply pointing out that the "hopes and dreams" of some are grounded in wishful thinking and cheap talk rather than proven record.

It is what it is.

OpIv37
03-13-2012, 02:24 PM
The very title of the thread is NEGATIVE.

Disagree completely.

The talk means nothing unless they act on it, which means doing something they haven't proven they can do.

psubills62
03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Kind of like what Nix said, I'll believe this when I see it.

JCBills
03-13-2012, 02:28 PM

He addressed this, saying they were looking for mostly bodies before.

Everyone would be happy if they actually do it, but it isn't all up to them.

Ed
03-13-2012, 02:34 PM

It's the simple reality.

Well waiting for something to actually happen didn't stop you from making threads about how the Bills weren't going to re-sign Stevie Johnson. You're perfectly ok with getting all worked up about stuff that hasn't actually happened yet as long as it has a negative connotation and gives you an opportunity to bash the Bills.

It's the opening day of free agency. Of course people are excited and going to talk about the possibilities. Don't be lame and try to police peoples optimism. Whatever happens will happen whether we like it or not, but we can still talk about it.

kingJofNYC
03-13-2012, 02:35 PM
You obviously know nothing about Williams. He only had 1 year where he missed more than 2 game for injury and that was last year.

Dude is constantly *****ing about his toes.

"Why are you playing like **** Mario?

"My toes, they hurt."

JCBills
03-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Dude is constantly *****ing about his toes.

"Why are you playing like **** Mario?

"My toes, they hurt."

Yeah, 53 sacks in 82 games is terrible.

OpIv37
03-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Well waiting for something to actually happen didn't stop you from making threads about how the Bills weren't going to re-sign Stevie Johnson. You're perfectly ok with getting all worked up about stuff that hasn't actually happened yet as long as it has a negative connotation and gives you an opportunity to bash the Bills.

It's the opening day of free agency. Of course people are excited and going to talk about the possibilities. Don't be lame and try to police peoples optimism. Whatever happens will happen whether we like it or not, but we can still talk about it.

Actually, you're wrong.

I never said the Bills weren't going to re-sign Stevie Johnson, so your whole premise is false.

OpIv37
03-13-2012, 02:38 PM

and btw, this part basically means "don't ruin our fantasies with your reality."

kingJofNYC
03-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Yeah, 53 sacks in 82 games is terrible.

Hit double digit sacks twice, and that was three years ago, definitely worth $90m. Just screams consistency.

Ed
03-13-2012, 02:48 PM
and btw, this part basically means "don't ruin our fantasies with your reality."
We all know the reality. We didn't all just wake up from a 12 year nap. Stop acting like you're the only person who knows that this team hasn't been good for a while. If people want to hope that we sign a big free agent then so what. They don't need a history lesson on this franchises failures every time they get excited about a player they like.

SquishDaFish
03-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Hit double digit sacks twice, and that was three years ago, definitely worth $90m. Just screams consistency.

Hes one of the best DEs (passrushers in the game)

bf1
03-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Bumbling Buddy Nix will blow it again. :down:

ServoBillieves
03-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Nothing's going to change, same **** different year.

I'm sorry if I seem like pessimist, but it's hard to expect a different outcome when year after year you're presented with the same results.

You just apologized for being a pessimist in an Op thread. I'm going to go check the temperature in Hell real quick...

I usually agree with Op, but pessimism is the REASON for these threads. No need to apologize.

PromoTheRobot
03-13-2012, 03:27 PM

Meacham and Williams visiting the Bills tonight. Blah blah blah, right Opi?

PTR

justasportsfan
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Meacham and Williams visiting the Bills tonight. Blah blah blah, right Opi?

PTR

but if we dont sign either of them, then OP is right.

mikemac2001
03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
but if we dont sign either of them, then OP is right.

Thats why he posted it before...and i know thats why you posted it.

its a typically op post where he is likely right but he isnt right because NIX isnt gonna try he will be right because they used the bills to get higher pay

justasportsfan
03-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Thats why he posted it before...and i know thats why you posted it.

its a typically op post where he is likely right but he isnt right because NIX isnt gonna try he will be right because they used the bills to get higher pay

but if they sign OP will say I'm glad I was wrong!!!

mikemac2001
03-13-2012, 03:37 PM

Win win for him

justasportsfan
03-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Win win for him

bills are in the lead in money offer for Mario. OP already lost in saying Ralph is cheap.

mikemac2001
03-13-2012, 05:41 PM
bills are in the lead in money offer for Mario. OP already lost in saying Ralph is cheap.

No they will take him to mcdonalds and blow the deal

better days
03-13-2012, 05:47 PM
No they will take him to mcdonalds and blow the deal

I guess you haven't heard, McDonalds took value fries off the dollar menu. They won't be going there.

mayotm
03-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Probably not. There will be a 20 page thread with him arguing about how he wasn't really wrong.

SABURZFAN
03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
I guess you haven't heard, McDonalds took value fries off the dollar menu. They won't be going there.

McDonalds just became the Ralph Wilson of fast foods. :down: