PDA

View Full Version : McGahee: Rehab on schedule

Demon
07-02-2003, 02:59 PM
McGahee: Rehab on schedule

By Jamey Eisenberg, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, July 2, 2003

PALM BEACH GARDENS -- While the rest of his Buffalo Bills teammates were participating in the youth clinic of the NFL Rookie Symposium on Tuesday, Willis McGahee sat under a tent and watched.

McGahee, the former University of Miami running back who was the Bills' surprise first-round pick in the April draft, still is trying to recover from knee surgery. He has not participated in any of the Bills' off-season programs and won't be ready to practice when Buffalo opens training camp this month.

McGahee Article (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/auto/epaper/editions/wednesday/sports_f32005122461626410b0.html)

Definetly good news. It would be a huge boost to our offense if we could have him back around weeks 10-14!

Thoughts?

ryven
07-03-2003, 07:26 AM
I think it would definitly help when we get in the playoffs he would have a fresh pair of legs to help out the team in tight spots.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-06-2003, 11:15 AM
One thing people overlook is that McGahee had a similar knee injury when he was a little younger and came back stronger. I can see him being ready early in the season.

Tatonka
07-06-2003, 11:22 AM
even if he was ready early on.. i would rather see them hold him out.. let him chomp on the bit, so to speak... so that when he does get in there.. he is just exploding at the seems.

TypicalBill
07-06-2003, 11:27 AM
placing him on the PUP list seems the logical thing at this point. Its not worth risking when we have Henry and Gary.

ryven
07-07-2003, 07:47 AM
I am not saying let play him right away but but he will have such a back up of energy I think when we get to the play offs he will be something the opposing D's will have to watch for from time to time or maybe as just closer last 2 min. of the game.

LtBillsFan66
07-07-2003, 07:55 AM
I agree with ryven. If he's ready. Get him in there. He was a 1st round pick. Why wait if he can show us what he's got?