PDA

View Full Version : I FRIKKIN LOVE THIS!

X-Era
03-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Even if we lose out on both Williams and Meachem... I love this.

Chan flies to meet Meachem the second FA starts, Nix flies to meet Mario? Serious and first class organizations do this stuff! Buffalo is stepping way up! They planned it, planned to go full out to get these guys, and executed. Huge money about to be offered?

The showed up face to face to let these players know they are real and very serious. Awesome tactic to getting these guys to at least come up here for a visit.

Who is this front office?

This is a real, serious, relevant front office right now... LOVE IT!

:clap:

ublinkwescore
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
buddy nix deserves an extension after this offseason.

The Spaz
03-13-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm excited but they can't lose out, just can't or it's the same ole same ole...

X-Era
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm excited but they can't lose out, just can't or it's the same ole same ole...I don't totally agree. Signing them is the goal, agree on that. But this is breaking the mold, serious moves to try to land serious free agents. The deserve credit for going all out like this to be in the mix... even if the lose out.

The Spaz
03-13-2012, 05:23 PM
I don't totally agree. Signing them is the goal, agree on that. But this is breaking the mold, serious moves to try to land serious free agents. The deserve credit for going all out like this to be in the mix... even if the lose out.

I hear you but if we lose out then it is what they have done for the last decade.

thenry20
03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
IMHO we need Williams than any other FA acquisition. A WR is not a necessity since we re-signed Stevie.

People forget how we were carved up for 16 consecutive weeks last year!!! I guess starting 5-1 blinded fans to this horrid fact.

Defense should be our focus early during the draft if we fail to get a viable pass rusher before then.

Don't Panic
03-13-2012, 05:27 PM
I hear you but if we lose out then it is what they have done for the last decade.

I love the effort... you can't catch fish if you don't drop your pole in the water. I'd take us coming up empty with these two over not even putting the bait on the hook like we did in years past.

better days

NO, for the last decade they did not even make an effort. Modrack & Jauron would not know a talented NFL player if he bit them in the azz.

ddaryl
buddy nix deserves an extension after this offseason.

I think Nix is stepping aside soon and letting Whaley take over
(http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/Doug-Whaley/d353528b-6856-4202-9bbf-79cbad4a9a5f)

Skooby
03-13-2012, 05:28 PM
IMHO we need Williams than any other FA acquisition. A WR is not a necessity since we re-signed Stevie.

People forget how we were carved up for 16 consecutive weeks last year!!! I guess starting 5-1 blinded fans to this horrid fact.

Defense should be our focus early during the draft if we fail to get a viable pass rusher before then.

Meachem would be a great double whammy.

DrGraves
03-13-2012, 05:28 PM
If both of those guys leave town without a deal I don't think anyone is going to be feeling very good. If all the $$$$ and rolling out the red carpet doesn't work it is going to be a tough one to swallow.

The Spaz
03-13-2012, 05:30 PM
That's what I'm saying people aren't going to jump up and down and say "yay at least we tried".

trapezeus
03-13-2012, 05:31 PM
if mario doesn't sign...i blame him, not the bills.

The bills pitch the money and the fact that one more pass rusher is the key to a team that couldn't get to the QB. Now they have 4 people, and could draft some more. That starts to sound like the giants to me. Then they have an offense that got it for chunks of a time. That we have a WR who can beat revis. WE have a run game that can cause the patriots issues. And that next year isn't a bad matchup of teams we play.

If mario is a competitor and healthy, that just sounds like a great deal. money and a team that is about to take off.

Michael82
03-13-2012, 05:36 PM
This is so ****ing awesome! I love the full court press they are doing! :bf1:

ddaryl
03-13-2012, 05:37 PM
That's what I'm saying people aren't going to jump up and down and say "yay at least we tried".

c'mon man have faith. Things changed when Ralph hired a real FO with Nix/Whaley and let these guys run with it. This re-re-rebuild may not may not have happened as fast as starved Bills fans would of wanted it to....but

fact is twitter quotes from leading sports journalist that the Bears dropped out of the Mario sweepstakes because the price is to high, the fact that Mario is coming here.... If you add 1+1 you can assume the airplane charter thing is probably very true, you know they are being damn serious.

I don't think this team will low ball Mario Williams at all, what else could you ask for...

here's hoping !!!!! :drunks::drunks:

SABURZFAN
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM
This is so ****ing awesome! I love the full court press they are doing! :bf1:

i want to see your reaction if they strikeout. :snicker:

better days
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Even if we lose out on both Williams and Meachem... I love this.

Chan flies to meet Meachem the second FA starts, Nix flies to meet Mario? Serious and first class organizations do this stuff! Buffalo is stepping way up! They planned it, planned to go full out to get these guys, and executed. Huge money about to be offered?

The showed up face to face to let these players know they are real and very serious. Awesome tactic to getting these guys to at least come up here for a visit.

Who is this front office?

This is a real, serious, relevant front office right now... LOVE IT!

:clap:

Buddy Nix, that is who this FO is. I have been telling this to everyone since the day he was hired. "Just wait & give him a chance"

X-Era
03-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Buddy Nix, that is who this FO is. I have been telling this to everyone since the day he was hired. "Just wait & give him a chance"Can we please just enjoy the moment and refrain from I told ya so's? Sorry man, I kind of don't care who was right and wrong and I guarantee I can't remember.

Michael82
03-13-2012, 05:40 PM
They will not strikeout! There's no way the Bills can blow this. :shakeno: If they do, I will be so pissed off!

ublinkwescore
03-13-2012, 06:20 PM
if mario doesn't sign...i blame him, not the bills.

The bills pitch the money and the fact that one more pass rusher is the key to a team that couldn't get to the QB. Now they have 4 people, and could draft some more. That starts to sound like the giants to me. Then they have an offense that got it for chunks of a time. That we have a WR who can beat revis. WE have a run game that can cause the patriots issues. And that next year isn't a bad matchup of teams we play.

If mario is a competitor and healthy, that just sounds like a great deal. money and a team that is about to take off.

If he can sack Brady more than anyother QB like Smith did to Dan Marino, that would be a nice little footnote in his after football resume for Canton too.

better days
03-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Can we please just enjoy the moment and refrain from I told ya so's? Sorry man, I kind of don't care who was right and wrong and I guarantee I can't remember.

Oh, don't worry, I guarantee, I am ENJOYING this.

X-Era
03-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Oh, don't worry, I guarantee, I am ENJOYING this.:up: