X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Throwing Money at Mario

I know it's not my money. But I just don't want them to do what they did with Brad Smith last year. I don't imagine anyone throwing the kind of money he got from the Bills.

Money talks. I can't help thinking Nix and Co. have this "whatever it takes" mind set in bringing Mario in today.

I know a person or two in this business working on the player side. It is common they have some parameters about the money with teams and they usually visit one with the highest bid. This is not one of those late FA period visits where everyone offers about the same and the guy just wants to get a better feel about the environment. And of course the serious negotiation starts with a "roof top" asking price from the agent side.

Hope everyone has a cool head at the end of the day.
  • streetkings01
    • Jul 2006

Re: Throwing Money at Mario

I could care less what they give him personally.......I just want him to sign here.
    You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Mski
      • Mar 2006

i dont think they can offer "too much" money to m. williams he's a stud nd will have an impact on this team the moment he takes the field.... i dont see how anything they do for him could comapre to Smith
      RIP Tommy D!
      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Mario Williams is not coming to Buffalo unless they offer top dollar. Nix has no choice if he views Williams as an important piece to the puzzle.

Comment

• malvado78
          • Mar 2006

Give the man what it takes!!!!

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

I'M THROWING MONEY AT MY MONITOR AND NOTHING IS HAPPENING!
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Don't Panic
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2005

I'd like to first have cap problems before complaining about cap problems. We don't come close to the cap, so its hard to complain about any deals we've signed.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

How on earth does Brad Smith get anywhere near this conversation?
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• streetkings01
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Philagape
                  How on earth does Brad Smith get anywhere near this conversation?
                  Same thing I was thinking. Brad Smith got a modest deal for a QB/WR/RB/KR

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

For those of you that do not understand the economic side of this... Mario would not be in Buffalo tonight if they didn't already have the parameters of a deal. NOT a done deal but there is an understanding of total value of a contract. guaranteed money is prob the only thing to work out. If mario is there he is signing baring buffalo fumbling this deal. As far as Meachem goes, he has only had 3 seasons of "relevancy" I understand he is a Tennessee guy and so is Nix after coaching at middle Tennessee but no 1,000 yard season under his belt and known for knee problems (he had just had surgery on his right knee before he was drafted) i prey he doesn't get garcon money because that would be more than stevie who is more proven. also meachem does not fit the open when he's not criteria. he is fast but NOT physical.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

i would rather see them take that cap money and sign mcneil or bell and draft michael floyd.

Comment

• streetkings01
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                        For those of you that do not understand the economic side of this... Mario would not be in Buffalo tonight if they didn't already have the parameters of a deal. NOT a done deal but there is an understanding of total value of a contract. guaranteed money is prob the only thing to work out. If mario is there he is signing baring buffalo fumbling this deal. As far as Meachem goes, he has only had 3 seasons of "relevancy" I understand he is a Tennessee guy and so is Nix after coaching at middle Tennessee but no 1,000 yard season under his belt and known for knee problems (he had just had surgery on his right knee before he was drafted) i prey he doesn't get garcon money because that would be more than stevie who is more proven. also meachem does not fit the open when he's not criteria. he is fast but NOT physical.
                        See this is the thing.........Chan seems to do a good job of getting receivers to reach some if not all of their potential. Stevie had his best season under Chan, Parrish was on his way to having the best season of his career under Chan, Nelson was productive under Chan when he was invisible in college, Chan got production out of Chandler, he got production out of Roosevelt as well. I think Chan can get 60-70 catches, 800-1000 yds and 6-8 tds out of Meachem.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

dumbest thread ever

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
                            See this is the thing.........Chan seems to do a good job of getting receivers to reach some if not all of their potential. Stevie had his best season under Chan, Parrish was on his way to having the best season of his career under Chan, Nelson was productive under Chan when he was invisible in college, Chan got production out of Chandler, he got production out of Roosevelt as well. I think Chan can get 60-70 catches, 800-1000 yds and 6-8 tds out of Meachem.
                            nelson was invisible because it was the spread option tebow offense not because of his play. Stevie Johnson was an extremely good receiver at Kentucky. he was a JUCO transfer though and just didn't have as much time to show his skills but his last year at kentucky he was a stud. His skills were there. i am not saying gailey is not a good coach or won't get production out of him but he is not going to run ANY underneath routes. he is strictly a down field receiver and i just hope they do NOT over pay for an incomplete receiver.

Comment

• malvado78
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                              dumbest thread ever
                              I don't know it has had some real competition...

Comment

Working...
                              X