PDA

View Full Version : Throwing Money at Mario

ghz in pittsburgh
03-13-2012, 05:26 PM
I know it's not my money. But I just don't want them to do what they did with Brad Smith last year. I don't imagine anyone throwing the kind of money he got from the Bills.

Money talks. I can't help thinking Nix and Co. have this "whatever it takes" mind set in bringing Mario in today.

I know a person or two in this business working on the player side. It is common they have some parameters about the money with teams and they usually visit one with the highest bid. This is not one of those late FA period visits where everyone offers about the same and the guy just wants to get a better feel about the environment. And of course the serious negotiation starts with a "roof top" asking price from the agent side.

Hope everyone has a cool head at the end of the day.

streetkings01
03-13-2012, 05:27 PM
I could care less what they give him personally.......I just want him to sign here.

Mski
03-13-2012, 05:27 PM
i dont think they can offer "too much" money to m. williams he's a stud nd will have an impact on this team the moment he takes the field.... i dont see how anything they do for him could comapre to Smith

EDS
03-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Mario Williams is not coming to Buffalo unless they offer top dollar. Nix has no choice if he views Williams as an important piece to the puzzle.

malvado78
03-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Give the man what it takes!!!!

Crisis
03-13-2012, 05:29 PM
I'M THROWING MONEY AT MY MONITOR AND NOTHING IS HAPPENING!

Don't Panic
03-13-2012, 05:32 PM
I'd like to first have cap problems before complaining about cap problems. We don't come close to the cap, so its hard to complain about any deals we've signed.

Philagape
03-13-2012, 05:40 PM
How on earth does Brad Smith get anywhere near this conversation?

jimbohastle51
03-13-2012, 05:50 PM
For those of you that do not understand the economic side of this... Mario would not be in Buffalo tonight if they didn't already have the parameters of a deal. NOT a done deal but there is an understanding of total value of a contract. guaranteed money is prob the only thing to work out. If mario is there he is signing baring buffalo fumbling this deal. As far as Meachem goes, he has only had 3 seasons of "relevancy" I understand he is a Tennessee guy and so is Nix after coaching at middle Tennessee but no 1,000 yard season under his belt and known for knee problems (he had just had surgery on his right knee before he was drafted) i prey he doesn't get garcon money because that would be more than stevie who is more proven. also meachem does not fit the open when he's not criteria. he is fast but NOT physical.

streetkings01
How on earth does Brad Smith get anywhere near this conversation?Same thing I was thinking. Brad Smith got a modest deal for a QB/WR/RB/KR

jimbohastle51
i would rather see them take that cap money and sign mcneil or bell and draft michael floyd.

streetkings01
03-13-2012, 05:54 PM
For those of you that do not understand the economic side of this... Mario would not be in Buffalo tonight if they didn't already have the parameters of a deal. NOT a done deal but there is an understanding of total value of a contract. guaranteed money is prob the only thing to work out. If mario is there he is signing baring buffalo fumbling this deal. As far as Meachem goes, he has only had 3 seasons of "relevancy" I understand he is a Tennessee guy and so is Nix after coaching at middle Tennessee but no 1,000 yard season under his belt and known for knee problems (he had just had surgery on his right knee before he was drafted) i prey he doesn't get garcon money because that would be more than stevie who is more proven. also meachem does not fit the open when he's not criteria. he is fast but NOT physical.See this is the thing.........Chan seems to do a good job of getting receivers to reach some if not all of their potential. Stevie had his best season under Chan, Parrish was on his way to having the best season of his career under Chan, Nelson was productive under Chan when he was invisible in college, Chan got production out of Chandler, he got production out of Roosevelt as well. I think Chan can get 60-70 catches, 800-1000 yds and 6-8 tds out of Meachem.

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2012, 05:58 PM
dumbest thread ever

jimbohastle51
03-13-2012, 05:59 PM
See this is the thing.........Chan seems to do a good job of getting receivers to reach some if not all of their potential. Stevie had his best season under Chan, Parrish was on his way to having the best season of his career under Chan, Nelson was productive under Chan when he was invisible in college, Chan got production out of Chandler, he got production out of Roosevelt as well. I think Chan can get 60-70 catches, 800-1000 yds and 6-8 tds out of Meachem.

nelson was invisible because it was the spread option tebow offense not because of his play. Stevie Johnson was an extremely good receiver at Kentucky. he was a JUCO transfer though and just didn't have as much time to show his skills but his last year at kentucky he was a stud. His skills were there. i am not saying gailey is not a good coach or won't get production out of him but he is not going to run ANY underneath routes. he is strictly a down field receiver and i just hope they do NOT over pay for an incomplete receiver.

malvado78
03-13-2012, 06:00 PM
dumbest thread ever

I don't know it has had some real competition...

wmoz11
03-13-2012, 06:03 PM
He's the best defensive player in the NFL, arguably. I'd give him a kidney.

And I only have 1 left.

THRILLHO
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM
So we spend "too much" on Mario or just get some second tier guy and complain we "don't spend enough." Choose, please. I choose we spend "too much."

The Spaz
03-13-2012, 06:10 PM
We are offering him to become the highest paid defensive player in the league -WGR55

HAMMER
03-13-2012, 06:13 PM
dumbest thread ever

You say this regularly.

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2012, 06:16 PM
You say this regularly.

prove it

SABURZFAN
03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
We are offering him to become the highest paid defensive player in the league -WGR55

that'll eliminate the "Ralph is cheap" by golly.....

YardRat
03-13-2012, 06:39 PM
They are throwing around the 100mil figure on the NFLN round table.

"Man, that's a lot of bread."

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Does anyone think Mario Williams is better than Julius Peppers? I don't but i know the Bills need to overpay to bring someone of his caliber in here.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-13-2012, 07:02 PM
I figured that making him top paid D player is in the cards even though I don't know he's the best D player in the leagure right now. The question is "top" by how much. Yankee's A-Rod was the best player in MLB when he signed with Texas. But that's still bad and affected the team for years.

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2012, 07:06 PM
a-rod is the man. mario williams makes this team a lot better.