PDA

View Full Version : After watching this video of d-town Buffalo

Oaf
03-13-2012, 08:01 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Roundup-Williams-and-Meachem-Visit-Buffalo/7c4da953-b415-4a7d-afe1-0ec35d759503

(you see Williams and Meachem looking all around as they slowly walk into the restaurant)

Do you think they would sign here over a glitzy city like Dallas, NY, SF, etc? Does it ultimately come down to a higher price we can pay that other teams can't? Obviously they're aware we're not a winning program too.

Buddy Nix should start selling CutCo knives if these players sign.

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2012, 08:04 PM
You're looking too much into that video.

djjimkelly
03-13-2012, 08:07 PM
i just did a search on tempo restaurant

its apparently a top 50 in the country restaurant

DrGraves
03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
its about the $, they have the entire off-season to go where ever and do whatever they want.

tampabay25690
03-13-2012, 08:13 PM

its apparently a top 50 in the country restaurant

It's good

BloFan4Life
03-13-2012, 08:14 PM

its apparently a top 50 in the country restaurant Owens was a pretty big fan of it too.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Has NY, SF or Dal shown interest in either player?

Tatonka
03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
its a valid point. buffalo offers almost nothing as a city in comparison to a place like dallas (i lived there). but it really depends on what is most important to them. making a lot of money and being the center pieces in the turnaround of a franchise (like new orleans and the texans saw). i think for most players that are serious about football and not being in a party city, that is what they look for.

The Jokeman
03-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Has NY, SF or Dal shown interest in either player?
I doubt any of them would go after Mario as the Jets/Dallas and 49ers run a 3-4 and speculation is Mario is better suited for a 4-3. In terms of the Giants they have a pretty good D-line last I checked so doubt they need him. Meachem might interest the Jets with the market for WR getting tighter and tighter and speculation that Plaxico is going elsewhere.

baalworship
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
As fans we overrate how important these cities are. Most of the Bills don't live here anyway, they are here to play football. Buffalo is not a NYC or LA but it is has plenty to do for them while they are here during the season.

The Jokeman
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
its a valid point. buffalo offers almost nothing as a city in comparison to a place like dallas (i lived there). but it really depends on what is most important to them. making a lot of money and being the center pieces in the turnaround of a franchise (like new orleans and the texans saw). i think for most players that are serious about football and not being in a party city, that is what they look for.
Meachem also has a ring which might help land him more easily. Mario doesn't have one and if he's one to care about his legacy he might be looking to join a team that can offer him that and pretty good pay check. I wouldn't blame him if he signed elsewhere. As as much as think both of them would improve our team immensly I can't say either one individually or as a pair would get us near the Super Bowl but would get us a step closer to the playoffs.

YardRat
03-13-2012, 08:22 PM
This town lives and breathes it's sports teams. That's something you don't get in other cities also.

The Jokeman
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
This town lives and breathes it's sports teams. That's something you don't get in other cities also.
Which is nice but again if I'm a player at the end of the day I look for a team that can win and give me a chance to start and a fair salary. Fans would like to think we make a big difference because of what we hear in interviews but if you listen closely most players see the game as just a business.

ds1724
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
well luckily they're not quite downtown, they're just far enough to avoid seeing that eyesore up close.

The Jokeman
03-13-2012, 08:31 PM
well luckily they're not quite downtown, they're just far enough to avoid seeing that eyesore up close.
Yeah hopefully they didn't use the city streets (Union to William to Delaware) to get from the airport to Tempo. As love to see the looks on their faces if got anywhere near Broadway.

ParanoidAndroid
03-13-2012, 08:33 PM
If I'm making that kind of money I'm pretty comfortable no matter where I am. Not only that, I know I can go anywhere I want at the drop of a hat.

ds1724
03-13-2012, 08:35 PM
if they don't sign tonight they're gonna drop them off at the intersection of Broadway and Fillmore

Meathead
03-13-2012, 08:40 PM
whytf didnt they take them to mighty taco

trapezeus
03-13-2012, 08:52 PM
^ reminds them of Jason Peters andhow he got away.

better days
03-13-2012, 09:42 PM
It's good

Well, it's no Dave & Busters or Applebees. LOL.

better days
03-13-2012, 09:47 PM
As fans we overrate how important these cities are. Most of the Bills don't live here anyway, they are here to play football. Buffalo is not a NYC or LA but it is has plenty to do for them while they are here during the season.

And Toronto is probably as fast to get to from Buffalo as NYC is from New Jersey. And Toronto may not be quite as big as NYC, but it is BETTER than NYC.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-13-2012, 09:49 PM
.... buffalo offers almost nothing as a city in comparison to a place like dallas (i lived there). but it really depends on what is most important to them. making a lot of money and being the center pieces in the turnaround of a franchise (like new orleans and the texans saw)....

There are two things that Buffalo does offer that can be quite attractive to some players: twice the house for half the money compared to NYC, Dallas, SF areas and less "hustle and bustle" to distract them from their work, etc. (in addition to being a decent area to raise kids). Not every NFL player is looking for a city with a lot of nightlife and glitzy restaurants--a lot have families and young kids that they are more concerned about--and some even like snow!

Money and the opportunity to win (which can be a ticket to fame and the Hall of Fame) are the two biggest factors, but family issues (or nightlife in the case of some single guys) and lockerroom chemistry (or having friends on the team) are also factors as well. It's not just one thing.

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2012, 09:50 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Roundup-Williams-and-Meachem-Visit-Buffalo/7c4da953-b415-4a7d-afe1-0ec35d759503

(you see Williams and Meachem looking all around as they slowly walk into the restaurant)

Do you think they would sign here over a glitzy city like Dallas, NY, SF, etc? Does it ultimately come down to a higher price we can pay that other teams can't? Obviously they're aware we're not a winning program too.

Buddy Nix should start selling CutCo knives if these players sign.
Williams is a self proclaimed "country boy"

G Wolly
03-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Well, it's no Dave & Busters or Applebees. LOL.

They even let me pour my own dranks.

I luh da ambiance

Skooby
03-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Williams is a self proclaimed "country boy":thurm2: