X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

How do you rate Meachem?

Bills have been linked to be going after Meachem. Might be fact or might be a rumor. What do you think of Meachem? Do you prefer some of the other, similar, WR (brandon lloyd)?
    Please Make Sense
  • mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

Re: How do you rate Meachem?

i think he fits well in gaileys system as new orleans runs a similar type offense

Comment

• Mike
      • Jan 2009

what are his strenghts/weaknesses? How does he compare to Lloyd, other WR?
      Please Make Sense

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Aug 2004

Meacham has good deep speed--he had the same time a his Combine as Lee Evans did at his (Meacham is younger than Evans, of course). He will stretch the defense.

Very highly rated coming out of college, Meacham was initially a bit of a disappointment because he took some time to develop. However, the last two years he played quite well in the New Orleans system. He didn't have a lot of catches, low 40s, or great yardage, 660 I believe, but did have 6 TDs.

I don't see him being a # 1 receiver like Vincent Jackson, but he is a big, fast target who should not only open things up for Stevie Johnson, Nelson and Chandler underneath, but should put up decent numbers in the Bills' system as well. He has the potential to be a real weapon for the Bills and could blossom further into the kind of star he was projected to become with Stevie, in particular, and the other Bills' receivers drawing coverage away from him. He would really open up the Bills' offense (which I believe suffered as much from losing Easley and D.Jones after trading Evans last season as it did from losing any other player on the offensive side).
        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• PTI
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

Meachem is a waste, Fitz cannot throw deep enough and accurate enough downfield to hit Meachem, who will not be able to outfight CBs for all the underthrown passes Fitz throws. He would turn out tobe an expensive decoy until the Bills find a real QB.
          Last edited by PTI; 03-13-2012, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike
            Bills have been linked to be going after Meachem. Might be fact or might be a rumor.
            Might be an impostor who was having dinner with the team tonight.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mike
              • Jan 2009

my issue with Meachem is that he has the numbers of a #3 WR in an offense that threw for more than any other! Remember when he Cards had Three 1,000/yr WR? In comparison Meachem had about 600yards in a much better, more arial, offense.
              Please Make Sense

Comment

• wmoz11
                • Sep 2008

Just signed with the Chargers for 4 years per @ChargersPRGuy
                Last edited by wmoz11; 03-13-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Electrici
                  • May 2003

Looks like the chargers just signed Meachem. Meh

Comment

• Mike
                    • Jan 2009

I think Brandon LLoyd might be more dynamic.
                    Please Make Sense

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Aug 2004

I like Lloyd more than Meacham, even though he can be a head-case at times, but there have been reports that Lloyd has been all but begging the Patriots to make him an offer. So, I don't know if he would even be interested in the Bills.

If I were the Bills, though, I'd be very interested in Lloyd. When he's happy--as he was when he had Orton throwing to him in Denver--he can make plays. I've seen him make some ridiculous catches. The problem with Lloyd is that he has always been rather tempermental and has been a pain-in-the-butt when not happy. Because of his ability to put up big numbers, he could be an excellent compliment to Stevie Johnson and the rest of the Bills' receiving corps.

Maybe if the Pats ignore him, Lloyd will get mad at them and decide to sign with the Bills out of spite. If motivated, he could be a better addition to the Bills than Meacham. The key with Lloyd, though, is his mental state and the fact that it seems that he has his heart set on playing with Brady for the Pats.
                      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Bangarang
                        • Sep 2010

Meachem sucks.

How do you only catch 40 passes when you have the highest snap count among receivers, playing for a team with a QB who loves spreading the ball around and had an NFL breaking passing season.

Comment

• Mike
                          • Jan 2009

ive heard that too... ironically the last thing the pats want is a head case
                          Please Make Sense

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

I rate him a piece of dirt beneath someone's shoes.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                              • Jan 2010

who signs a contract with another team while in a different city having an interview...

Comment

Working...
                              X