PDA

View Full Version : Bills Don't announce signings till Press Conference

Mahdi
03-13-2012, 11:04 PM
I think this is typical Bills brass behavior. They like to set up big announcements with a bit of style. No way they are going to send out a V-tExt to announce two of their BIGGEST ever signings. Mario being the richest contract ever for a D player. The Bills are sitting on the announcement till tomorrow when they can set up a big PC and a bunch of HOoPlah. Mario is their meal ticket you really think they won't dedicate a whole day to this event rather than just spoil the intrigue with a tiny text? This isnt Andre Davis.

I'm saying Mario and Meachem are both signed and the Bills will call a Pc tomorrow afternoon to announce it. Makes sense to me. Hope I'm right!

kingJofNYC
03-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Some dude named Josh Reynolds is saying the deals for Meachem and Mario are done.

Mario's deal is for 110m according to him, LOLOLOL

Skooby
03-13-2012, 11:06 PM
From your lips to Gods ears.

2slowtogofast
03-13-2012, 11:07 PM
I certainly hope so time for the Bills to start acting like an NFL tem. This would be a huge step in the right direction

zone
03-13-2012, 11:09 PM
I believe you are on to something, when is the last time the Bills org let us in on any info let alone giving us pictures and video of the biggest FA on the market? Something seems off to me as well. I don't see them releasing any of this unless a deal was pretty much done. They traditionally hold everything very close to the vest.

Mahdi
03-13-2012, 11:13 PM
K can we go sleep now ...???

Bangarang
03-13-2012, 11:15 PM
K can we go sleep now ...???

No.

THRILLHO
03-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Almost always something gets leaked though, on purpose or not. Writers have sources with in teams, and stuff gets out.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM
The Bills aren't going to have a press conference or make Mario Williams the highest paid defensive player in the NFL before he has a physical first. And, he hasn't bee in Buffalo long enough to have toured the facilities and had a physical yet (particularly since he is coming off of a season-ending injury, which the Bills will want their MD to check out).

And, of course the Bills will want to have a big press conference if they sign Mario Williams and make him the highest paid player in the NFL--Roger Goodell and everyone in the NFL HQ wouldn't allow them to do otherwise! Don't forget, this may be a sport to us, but it's a business to them and they aren't going to let the second biggest name on the free agent market (behind P.Manning) sign without getting the maximum amount of free PR that they can out of it. That's standard operating procedure these days.

Mahdi
03-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Almost always something gets leaked though, on purpose or not. Writers have sources with in teams, and stuff gets out.
There are ways to keep things internal. There is a reason the timeline was always said to be 24 hours before getting a deal done. They want a PC day. They are building anticipation and excitement = fans buying tickets.

ublinkwescore
03-13-2012, 11:58 PM
**** u meachem u POS

The Jokeman
03-14-2012, 12:00 AM
**** u meachem u POS
and that's why you (see Nix) don't go to bed until you get a deal done on paper.

BertSquirtgum
03-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Meachem signed with the Chargers and Williams will leave in the middle of the night to go to Seattle. Same old ****ing Bills, no one wants to play here. It's absolutely makes me sick that no great players will come here. At least Buddy tried, I can respect that at the very least.

BertSquirtgum
03-14-2012, 12:21 AM
**** me.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-14-2012, 12:48 AM
what is it about our city? why do people avoid this place like the plague? remember the coach search in 010?

Forward_Lateral
03-14-2012, 06:10 AM
If Mario leaves without a contract, we can only blame one person: Mario. He simply doesn't want to be in Buffalo.
Meachem left because of the opportunity to be the #1 in SanDiego, with Phillip Rivers as his QB. Mario can't possibly get any more scratch with any other team in the NFL. There's no reason for him to leave Buffalo as nothing other than a Buffalo Bill, unless he simply doesn't want to play for the Bills.

Mindbender
03-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Well said, FL.

YardRat
03-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Other than having to deal with yet another nationally publicized black eye for Buffalo, I'd actually prefer he signed elsewhere.

Forward_Lateral
03-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Other than having to deal with yet another nationally publicized black eye for Buffalo, I'd actually prefer he signed elsewhere.

I'm on the fence. Part of me is super excited that the Bills are trying to be major players and going after arguably the best FA available. Part of me is scared crapless that they will give Mario 100 million and he'll get hurt, play like crap, etc. It's the Bills fan part of me that is the cynic.

I want this to happen, for 2 reasons: 1.) It instantly transforms the Bills D, no question, and it opens up a lot more options with the 10th pick in the draft. 2.) It will bring a bit of credibility back to the Bills. Start a winning culture again. Show players around the league that the Bills aren't afraid to pay for talent.

DraftBoy
03-14-2012, 07:29 AM
While the Bills don't announce signing without a PC, it almost always leaks out before.

delectrolux
03-14-2012, 07:45 AM
They announced Stevie's deal with a twitter pic of him signing the deal...

dannyek71
03-14-2012, 07:56 AM
mario will not play for bills.

mjt328
03-14-2012, 08:04 AM
The Bills haven't announced a press conference today.

That's bad news.