PDA

View Full Version : Kavanah: Williams plans to visit other teams

Forward_Lateral
03-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Per ESPN insider

"
Though the Bills wanted to get Williams signed before he left town, he has informed them that he intends to visit other teams, according to what two sources revealed to ESPN's John Clayton.
It remains to be seen who these other teams are -- though the Bears, Falcons, Jaguars, Seahawks and Titans are believed to be amongst his suitors -- whether they're willing to offer Williams as rich of a deal as the Bills reportedly are and whether the financial aspects will outweigh other considerations. "

The Spaz
03-14-2012, 07:56 AM
When was this written? A lot of people reported this last night.

ddaryl
03-14-2012, 07:57 AM
sad... that we not only have to make players the highest paid, we have to wait to see what other teams are offering...

So begins the free agency hell in Buffalo.. Wait Wait, Hope Hope,

Forward_Lateral
03-14-2012, 07:59 AM
8:04am today

Novacane
03-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Only in Buffalo would a player have to think about that king of contract offer. Anyone else comes close to our offer he's not signing here.

Go Go Buffalo14574
03-14-2012, 08:12 AM
The teams 2 be scared about is Bengals, Buccaneers etc because they have the cap room to sign a big free agent. But if the reports are true I think he is smart sign with Buffalo. This team is up and coming. Let's wait and see what happens today and after his visit with other team if today does not happen. Then MAYBE we all know for sure what will happen

Fixxxer
03-14-2012, 08:16 AM
The teams 2 be scared about is Bengals, Buccaneers etc because they have the cap room to sign a big free agent. But if the reports are true I think he is smart sign with Buffalo. This team is up and coming. Let's wait and see what happens today and after his visit with other team if today does not happen. Then MAYBE we all know for sure what will happen

Bengals won paid that kind of money and the Bucs have tons of money tied up in the DL, it's still a possibility though.
I can see Seattle being our possible Nemesis, Allen has the deep pockets to really operpay if he wants to.

jcdavey
03-14-2012, 08:25 AM
i feel bad for you guys

it's looking like mario and meachem were using you as leverage

elltrain22
03-14-2012, 08:30 AM
I am so pissed about this. We still have a chance, but I doubt he signs.

Go Go Buffalo14574
03-14-2012, 08:32 AM
I am so pissed about this. We still have a chance, but I doubt he signs.

Yeah we still do have a chance.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/03/14/kyle-on-mario-visit/

Posted by Chris Brown on <ABBR title=2012-03-14T06:49:27+0000>March 14, 2012 – 6:49 am </ABBR>

Bills Pro Bowl DT Kyle Williams was part of the welcoming committee last night when free agent DE Mario Williams arrived in town. By his accounts all went well last night and he’s feeling good about where things might be headed.
Appearing on Bills flagship station WGR Sportsradio 550, Williams felt things with Mario Williams went well and thinks the Bills have a good shot at landing the prized free agent.
“I have a good feeling about it,” said Kyle Williams. “We were together til 11 at night at the facility hanging out having a good time. The powers that be were working late last night so I feel good about it. I’ll see him again this morning at the facility again and the fact that he’s still here is good. Now we just need a couple hundred people to lay down on the tarmac at the airport.”
Williams also listed some of the things the free agent pass rusher was asking about.
“He’s getting married so he wanted to know how guys get along,” said Williams. “He wanted to know the atmosphere in the locker room.
“I think he wants to go somewhere where he can get somebody over hump and put a team on next level. And I told him he could be that guy. I told him point blank, ‘If you’re here and everything goes right we’ll have the best D-line in league.’ I told him that because I honestly believe that.”
Time will tell if Buffalo can close the deal.

Mario is still here. :) that is good news imo

Prov401
03-14-2012, 08:32 AM
He's going to Seattle... That's my guess.

DMBcrew36
03-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Visit Buffalo right off the bat because you know it'll drive your price up to the highest possible value with other teams from the start (seeing as Buffalo was coming in with the biggest offer). Now, with other teams having to provide their best offers right from the start, you take the best from a franchise you actually want to play for (not the ****ty Bills).

Sounds smart to me.

We're being used.

(Not saying for sure -- it's just a thought.)

Jaydog57
03-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Seems like he's doing what most FA's do, weigh their options and look at all possibilities. Just 'cause he didn't come to Buffalo and sign immediately doesn't mean he's not coming back. Cardinals and Broncos fans are thinking the same thing about Manning. :peace:

Skooby
03-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Seems like he's doing what most FA's do, weigh their options and look at all possibilities. Just 'cause he didn't come to Buffalo and sign immediately doesn't mean he's not coming back. Cardinals and Broncos fans are thinking the same thing about Manning. :peace:

Thanks for trying to make us feel better, if he leaves we'll grieve(s).

Go Go Buffalo14574
03-14-2012, 09:00 AM
The plane picked up Meachem heading 2 Chicago rite now? It would not suprise me if Chicago is the team but not sure check this out. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA651P

THRILLHO
03-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Only in Buffalo would a player have to think about that king of contract offer. Anyone else comes close to our offer he's not signing here.
Except that as fans we do not know what the offer was. And if he doesn't sign here, we may never know what the "true" offer was. There are rumors and will be "reports" of what our offer was, but we may never know.