PDA

View Full Version : Bills have early talks with Mario Manningham

Bangarang
03-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Three teams having early conversations with Giants free-agent WR Mario Manningham: SF, MIA, BUF.

Discuss.

ryjam282
03-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Definitely need another WR. I like him better than Meacham.

zone
03-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Then we can land the Mario brothers. 2UP

ThunderGun
damn you Meachem.

Now we get to overpay for Manningham, because he had one good catch in the superbowl.

Skooby
2 Mario's = A super world. They also can place them both in the Mario cart.

JCBills
They're on a Mario bender.

Crisis
03-14-2012, 01:26 PM
"HEY GUYS YOU CAN'T BE MAD AT US WE SIGNED MARIO!"

psubills62
03-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Not surprised. He's the most logical WR after Meachem. Not sure I want to pay what he's looking for.

dannyek71
03-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Do not want.

Slim
03-14-2012, 01:29 PM
He's not very big.

ThunderGun
03-14-2012, 01:31 PM
"HEY GUYS YOU CAN'T BE MAD AT US WE SIGNED MARIO!"

Maybe we can trade for Mario Hagen too.

mikemac2001
03-14-2012, 01:32 PM
ya idk about this i would rather get an OT and CB and draft a WR

zone
03-14-2012, 01:34 PM
I would rather have T.O. back than Manningham.

DrGraves
03-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Well SF just got Moss... so unless he wants to be a #3 still behind Crabtree and Moss I would't think he'd give them too much consideration.

And Miami doesn't have a QB.

Skooby
03-14-2012, 01:39 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/03/14/report-bills-after-manningham/

Jan Reimers
03-14-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't love Manningham, but he's better than anyone we have except Stevie, and maybe Nelson. And we could get rid of Parrish.

Oaf
03-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Why no interest in Lloyd?

SquishDaFish
03-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Id rather have TO or better yet draft Floyd

EDS
03-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Well SF just got Moss... so unless he wants to be a #3 still behind Crabtree and Moss I would't think he'd give them too much consideration.

And Miami doesn't have a QB.

Matt Moore was better then Fitz last season . . .

THRILLHO
03-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Why no interest in Lloyd?
I read something about how he is "too old" for us.

Not sure why everyone is down on Manningham. I'd take him over Robert Reachum.

SquishDaFish
03-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Matt Moore was better then Fitz last season . . .

:roflmao: Oh my god :lmao: hahaha

Raptor
03-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Pass all the way

One trick pony and a ignorent ****tard (listen to his interviews predraft and you'll see why)

justasportsfan
03-14-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm surprised. This guys is only an inch taller than Lee Evans. I thought they wanted to go big.

EDS
03-14-2012, 02:25 PM
:roflmao: Oh my god :lmao: hahaha

His team won more games and he was more efficient playing behind an awful offensive line.

chernobylwraiths
03-14-2012, 02:27 PM
"Early" talks?

SquishDaFish
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
His team won more games and he was more efficient playing behind an awful offensive line.

Team wins do not say how good a QB is. Put down the crack pipe and walk away

The Spaz
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Manningham does nothing for me. Meachem was the realistic guy who had what we needed which was speed. I say pass on the rest of the WR's and go draft if we want a WR or a surprise cut.

Jersey1031
03-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Manningham does nothing for me. Meachem was the realistic guy who had what we needed which was speed. I say pass on the rest of the WR's and go draft if we want a WR or a surprise cut.

Agreed, too reactionary. Plus Manningham is just going to bank a bunch of cash off that one super bowl catch. The Giants fans dont even care if he comes back, which should be telling enough

DraftBoy
03-14-2012, 02:39 PM
"Early" talks?

Just an educated guess but basically;

How much are you looking and for how long?

Oh that much?

Ok...we'll get back to you...

*click*

TrEd FTW
03-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Manningham's career 16-game averages: 52 catches, 752 yards, 14.5 YPC, six TDs.

Meachem's career 16-game averages*: 43 catches, 656 yards, 15.3 YPC, seven TDs.

*I took out Meachem's unproductive rookie year to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Raptor
03-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Manningham “A lot of players wouldn’t. Like, I’m not trying to put the organization down. But a lot of players, that wouldn’t be their top choices. Because everybody says how cold it is in Cleveland. And there team-wise so it’s a miserable combination.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...e-combination/

PASS!

Pinkerton Security
03-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Meachem is a product of his system in NO, and he was really their 5th target this past year...hes not that good.

Manningham is good after the catch, so i see him working out with Fitz on short-intermediate passes, cause we all know Fitz doesnt exactly light it up deep.

justasportsfan
03-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Manningham is good after the catch, so i see him working out with Fitz on short-intermediate passes, cause we all know Fitz doesnt exactly light it up deep.

but we already have plenty of wr's who can catch Fitz's passes at intermetdiate range. We need a big one that can fight for the ball because Fitz can't throw deep acurately

psubills62
03-14-2012, 03:05 PM

Oh that much?

*click*
I think you might be right. The fact that Manningham hasn't taken any visits is pretty telling. A few weeks back I read someone who said he was looking for 8-9 million per year. That isn't happening.

Pinkerton Security
03-14-2012, 03:09 PM
but we already have plenty of wr's who can catch Fitz's passes at intermetdiate range. We need a big one that can fight for the ball because Fitz can't throw deep acurately

i understand, but its one thing to be able to catch short passes and another to catch them and turn them into big plays....no one on our roster can do that except Spiller, who is an RB. Not saying I dont want a WR but lets lock Mario Williams up, get manningham, then draft Blackmon/Floyd and we are an immensely improved team.

justasportsfan
03-14-2012, 03:15 PM
i understand, but its one thing to be able to catch short passes and another to catch them and turn them into big plays....no one on our roster can do that except Spiller, who is an RB. Not saying I dont want a WR but lets lock Mario Williams up, get manningham, then draft Blackmon/Floyd and we are an immensely improved team.
my biggest worry is that if we get Manningham we won't draft Floyd. I'd rather use the money towards finding a LT and then draft Floyd.

Guess who had Manninghams nos. prior to gettting injured here in buffalo and is an inch shorter? Lee Evans. Evans might be cheaper than Manningham and is already familiar with Fitz.

Thief
03-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Meachem is a product of his system in NO, and he was really their 5th target this past year...hes not that good.

Manningham is good after the catch, so i see him working out with Fitz on short-intermediate passes, cause we all know Fitz doesnt exactly light it up deep.I would argue that Meachums numbers being low are a product of the system. I believe dude is going to have a breakout year. Book it.

The Jokeman
03-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Maybe we can trade for Mario Hagen too.
He's actually an UFA too.

Mr Bills
03-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Manningham is basically a poor mans prime Lee Evans. Hopefully the Bills draft a WR in the 2nd round like Jeffery or Randall instead of a DE and try and trade for or sign another FA DE since it seems like their 1st round pick will be T.

BertSquirtgum
03-14-2012, 03:56 PM
no thanks. draft michael floyd.

chernobylwraiths
03-15-2012, 06:09 AM

Oh that much?

*click*

Then they should have used the word preliminary. Wording is everything and many people are sending mixed messages by using poor wording. Like people who say could of or should of instead of could have or should have.

thenry20
03-15-2012, 06:19 AM
I don't love Manningham, but he's better than anyone we have except Stevie, and maybe Nelson. And we could get rid of Parrish.

Roscoe wasn't tendered a contract he is an UFA.

ThunderGun
03-15-2012, 07:57 AM
He's actually an UFA too.

Really? I thought he was still on Denver's roster.

Bring him in!!!! Maybe Marion Barber too. Not quite the same as Mario, but close!

Philagape
03-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Interesting tidbit from Gaughan:

Manningham on the prospect of playing for the Browns: "A lot of players wouldn't (want to play in Cleveland). Like, I'm not trying to put the organization down. But a lot of players, that wouldn't be in their top choices. Because everybody says how cold it is in Cleveland. And team-wise … so it's a miserable combination."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2012/03/manningham-not-big-on-cold.html

He's from Ohio, played at Michigan and in New York, and he's worried about the cold??

Buffalo pretty much fits his "miserable combination" too.

Mahdi
03-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Interesting tidbit from Gaughan:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2012/03/manningham-not-big-on-cold.html

He's from Ohio, played at Michigan and in New York, and he's worried about the cold??

Buffalo pretty much fits his "miserable combination" too.
If we sign Mario though, we become a tropical Island.

justasportsfan
03-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Manningham will never be an elite no.1. Floyd on the other could most likely become our no. 1 for years and he'll come cheaper than Manningham.

Mahdi
03-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Manningham will never be an elite no.1. Floyd on the other could most likely become our no. 1 for years and he'll come cheaper than Manningham.
I really think the Bills need 2 more receivers not just one.

Manningham would be a great slot receiver with his hands and route running skills. Then you get Floyd or Wright on the outside. Wright can also flip inside and get Manningham outside.

mysticsoto
03-15-2012, 09:24 AM

WRs usually take a yr or more to develop. I rather have another DE opposite Mario W. that could contribute this year. Let's follow the Giants blueprint and get top people in every spot of the Dline. Then let's put a hurting on Brady, Sanchez and any other QB we face and just worry about keeping Fitz safe. The offense showed they could score some last yr (in fact, the 1st half of the year they were unstoppable) so let's take care of the D blanking opponents and giving the offense that much more time on the field.

jcdavey
03-15-2012, 09:56 AM
as much as i hate to say it, he's probably better than meachem

would have loved to have him in sd

justasportsfan
03-15-2012, 10:09 AM
I really think the Bills need 2 more receivers not just one.

Manningham would be a great slot receiver with his hands and route running skills. Then you get Floyd or Wright on the outside. Wright can also flip inside and get Manningham outside.
I'd rather use the $ to get Manningham for a LT

justasportsfan
03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
WRs usually take a yr or more to develop. I rather have another DE opposite Mario W. that could contribute this year. Let's follow the Giants blueprint and get top people in every spot of the Dline. Then let's put a hurting on Brady, Sanchez and any other QB we face and just worry about keeping Fitz safe. The offense showed they could score some last yr (in fact, the 1st half of the year they were unstoppable) so let's take care of the D blanking opponents and giving the offense that much more time on the field.

I would risk that with Floyd who has been productive trhought his career. I think Floyd could have better nos. tahn Lee Evans did in his rookie year.

I wouldn't mind spending the money towards a DE either instead of Manningham.

Mahdi
03-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I'd rather use the $ to get Manningham for a LT
Not sure there's much left in the LT department...

Bell(injuries)
McNeil (injuries)
Backus (old)
Anthony Collins (young, has upside)
Levi Brown (mostly RT, could go LT)
Eric Winston (mostly RT)
Barry Richardson (young, upside)

justasportsfan
03-15-2012, 10:17 AM

Bell(injuries)
McNeil (injuries)
Backus (old)
Eric Winston (mostly RT)

there will be some surprise cuts and we could use the money to make a decent contract. I just think Manningham = Lee Evans.

elltrain22
03-15-2012, 10:19 AM
I would risk that with Floyd who has been productive trhought his career. I think Floyd could have better nos. tahn Lee Evans did in his rookie year.

I wouldn't mind spending the money towards a DE either instead of Manningham.

Totally agree. I'd rather draft Floyd, Wright, or Blackmon (prob not available though), and spend the money on a FA lb and/or de.

mysticsoto
03-15-2012, 10:19 AM

Bell(injuries)
McNeil (injuries)
Backus (old)
Eric Winston (mostly RT)

We should definitely resign Bell. That gives Hairston more time to mature and develop - even if he only lasts half a season again. Bell is very decent when not injured and Hairston played really well. I wonder if Jasper is ready to back up RT yet?

Mahdi
03-15-2012, 10:22 AM
there will be some surprise cuts and we could use the money to make a decent contract. I just think Manningham = Lee Evans.
Not at all. Manningham is not just a deep threat. He can work the middle, and his routes are really good. He also has great body control to make tough catches. I would say he is more like a poor man's Chad Johnson.

justasportsfan
We should definitely resign Bell. That gives Hairston more time to mature and develop - even if he only lasts half a season again. Bell is very decent when not injured and Hairston played really well. I wonder if Jasper is ready to back up RT yet?

Hairston will have an entire OTA+ camp this year. Not holding my breath but I too would have bell .

Mahdi
I would be good with Bell coming back. He is a real good pass protector and improved in run blocking.

methos4ever
03-15-2012, 10:24 AM
With the way Manningham wants to follow in a long line of superbowl heroes cashing in I say F(orget) that guy if he doesn't like playing in cold.

justasportsfan
03-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Not at all. Manningham is not just a deep threat. He can work the middle, and his routes are really good. He also has great body control to make tough catches. I would say he is more like a poor man's Chad Johnson.

we still would need a big outside guy . If we grab Floyd it will open things up the middle for guys like Nelson/Chandler/etc.

justasportsfan
03-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Totally agree. I'd rather draft Floyd, Wright, or Blackmon (prob not available though), and spend the money on a FA lb and/or de.

FREENEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahdi
03-15-2012, 10:33 AM
we still would need a big outside guy . If we grab Floyd it will open things up the middle for guys like Nelson/Chandler/etc.
Yeah I think we need 2 more WRs not just one...

Beebe's Kid
03-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Manningham? What about Donald Jones?

Jesus...I would welcome any NFL receiver on this team. It was pretty obvious last year after watching drop after drop, that we need to address the position.

Dude can play...I would take him at a decent price. As far as WRs, I consider us a bit of a beggar, with no right to be choosy. Get talent, and as much as you can...

mysticsoto
03-15-2012, 10:43 AM
I guess it depends on how much Manningham wants. Clearly Super Mario is going to take the bulk of the $$$ we have so...if he can't adapt to less $$$ then so be it. I won't be upset. Super Mario is much more important!!!