PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams leaving Buffalo tonight (tentatively, to save your dog)

Skooby
03-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Heard on wgr550 radio, they quoted it from here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/mario-williams-is-scheduled-to-leave-buffalo-tonight/

Buffalogic
wack

Demon
It was a fun 25+ hours for sure.

wmoz11
03-14-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm assuming they're going off of PFT's post which says he's scheduled to leave tonight, just as LaCanfora tweeted a bit ago. Doesn't mean he's actually going to leave without a deal.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
hold it...thats FROM PFT.....they were wrong yesterday.....

Slim
He'll be gone forever then. What a waste of time.

TacklingDummy
Thats why realists never get their hopes up.

Besides money, why would he want to come to Buffalo when someone else will pay him just as much.

djjimkelly
he can afford to miss the flight

once he signs the deal

wmoz11
03-14-2012, 04:45 PM
You all are ******s. LaCanfora already posted this earlier. He is SCHEDULED to leave tonight for another visit - assuming he doesn't sign a deal.

Philagape
This is from a PFT report, which that alone makes it somewhat less than trustworthy.

Did anyone think he was going to stay for a third day?

SpillerThrills
Per wgr550 radio.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/mario-williams-is-scheduled-to-leave-buffalo-tonight/

please, when your gonna say that someone is breaking news like this get it right.... they said that profootballtalk just tweeted that Mario is scheduled to leave Buffalo. nothing was said about there not being a deal.

nolimit
03-14-2012, 04:46 PM
this is not per wgr....this is per PFT....wgr is just reporting what PFT is reporting....coach sal said they have not heard anything regarding that claim

Bangarang
AmThis was rumored by PFT. The same PFT that said he was leaving last night. I'm not buying it just yet.

Slim
This is from a PFT report, which that alone makes it somewhat less than trustworthy.

Did anyone think he was going to stay for a third day?

I just get the feeling that if he were to sign, he would have done it by now. Other teams got their free agents signed in a couple of hours. He's been in Buffalo for over 24.

AndreReed83
I never trust PFT. They take tweets and nuggets of rumors from real sources and then paint them with sweepingly generalized headlines.

Go Go Buffalo14574
03-14-2012, 04:48 PM
He needs 2 be signed by tonight. Otherwise IMO is not going 2 look good. :( Add 10 more mil to the deal Buddy! That sound do the trick :). lol

TerrellOwensSharpie8
You all are ******s. LaCanfora already posted this earlier. He is SCHEDULED to leave tonight for another visit - assuming he doesn't sign a deal.

this.... PFT once again (because of hatred for Bills) twisting words to create false stories and panic among fans.

Skooby
please, when your gonna say that someone is breaking news like this get it right.... they said that profootballtalk just tweeted that Mario is scheduled to leave Buffalo. nothing was said about there not being a deal.

Where did I say that there wan't going to be a deal there, I was going to put that there was no deal as of yet but decided to just leave it & mistyped for 15 seconds.

SquishDaFish
Guys im listening to WGR on my iphone. It was a tweet from PFT that they were talking about.

camelcowboy
03-14-2012, 04:49 PM
He's going leave tonight either I'll file this as a no **** tweet

SpillerThrills
03-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Where did I say that there wan't going to be a deal there, I was going to put that there was no deal as of yet but decided to just leave it & mistyped for 15 seconds.

when I quoted your OP it said "no deal."

Skooby
03-14-2012, 04:54 PM
when I quoted your OP it said "no deal."

I couldn't have said no deal if you quoted me. I can't change your posts, think about it.

we are
WGR kind of shooting down PFT

Philagape
I saw "no deal" too.

BertSquirtgum
03-14-2012, 04:55 PM
I cannot take this ****. Sign or leave already. For ****s sake.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-14-2012, 04:57 PM
pft changed their tweet to if they cant get a deal done...

Skooby
I saw "no deal" too.

I told you it was a 15 second mistype about there being no deal yet, no one quoted me writing & you guys are hanging on nothing. I'm sorry that I mistyped, ok ?

SpillerThrills
I couldn't have said no deal if you quoted me. I can't change your posts, think about it.

if you had finished editing your post before I had hit quote then I would have quoted your edited post, think about it.

stuckincincy
03-14-2012, 04:58 PM
I told you it was a 15 second mistype about there being no deal yet, no one quoted me writing & you guys are hanging on nothing. I'm sorry that I mistyped, ok ?

You know the rules here.

Off with your head !

:biggrin:

wmoz11
03-14-2012, 04:59 PM
I wish Blame Canada was around to give us just a little nugget. Maybe whether or not we should be optimistic.

I saw him lurking in one of the threads last night.

Skooby
03-14-2012, 05:00 PM
if you had finished editing your post before I had hit quote then I would have quoted your edited post, think about it.

I'm sorry about that, it's not quoted anywhere on here & I fixed it within 15 seconds. I can't help it that the whole BZ is hanging on for new information instantly. I literally just turned wgr550 for 30 seconds and they announced PFT had just written that.

Philagape
03-14-2012, 05:03 PM
At least it's not your cousin's friend at the airport.

Skooby
03-14-2012, 05:09 PM
At least it's not your cousin's friend at the airport.

True enough, though PFT has not been accurate as well as most folks. Seems like a pretty liquid situation here, in case you didn't notice.

wmoz11
03-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Schefter and Mort just said that he actually has no other visits scheduled. Nothing concrete at least.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
03-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Schefter and Mort just said that he actually has no other visits scheduled. Nothing concrete at least.

much more reliable than Clayton and the clowns at pft

BertSquirtgum
03-14-2012, 05:11 PM
I wish somebody would lock Clayton in a dungeon where he belongs.

Skooby
03-14-2012, 05:13 PM

Well there you go, PFT said 3 other teams wanted to meet with Williams. It doesn't say Williams wants to see 3 other teams.

ServoBillieves
03-14-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm so sick of the muppet and PFT.

"PFT just tweeted this!" "John Clayton tweets that Mario Williams is 'locked up' at Bills headquarters"

Until a deal is done and I get a VText, I'm not visiting the board...

... That being said I'll still be hitting refresh every 10 minutes.

Ed
03-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Well if he does leave what's he going to do, just sit around twiddling his thumbs? Maybe other visits aren't scheduled yet, but if they decide to leave without a contract then that's the first thing his agent is going to do. And those other teams will gladly welcome him.

I wish this would just get done. I'm leaving for Puerto Rico tonight and a Mario Williams signing before my flight would be a pretty sweet way to start my vacation.

Skooby
03-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Schefter reported that Mario is still meeting with Bills brass, so I can't see when he is leaving yet even if he has travel plans.

jlgarsh
03-14-2012, 05:23 PM

John Clayton is Gollum, looking for his precious ring.

ublinkwescore
03-14-2012, 05:25 PM

I hate John Clayton almost as much as Bill Belicheat and Tom Brady.

NOT THE DUDE...
If a girl doesnt put out by her 3rd date, time to move on... lol

- tom lykis

SquishDaFish
I give up Im tired. I gotta stop refreshing and listening to WGR. When and IF it happens it happens

Ed
03-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Jason LaCanfora tweeted that the Bills are still trying to close the deal and that Mario has at least one visit scheduled for tomorrow.

FlyingDutchman
Might want to change the title of this thread tentatively for the time being bc this many people are about to kick their dog

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 107 (107 members and 0 guests)

Skooby
Jason LaCanfora tweeted that the Bills are still trying to close the deal and that Mario has at least one visit scheduled for tomorrow.

Close this Russ!!!!

JCBills
03-14-2012, 05:27 PM
I just get the feeling that if he were to sign, he would have done it by now. Other teams got their free agents signed in a couple of hours. He's been in Buffalo for over 24.

I feel like if he weren't going to, or at least didn't have some desire to, he would have left.

He wouldn't have brought up his fiancee to tour the area. That isn't even close to standard for FA visits.

If it wasn't appealing, they would have skipped town yesterday.

Cali512
03-14-2012, 05:27 PM
I actually think with a first round WR and Williams=playoffs. Floyd?

Skooby
03-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Might want to change the title of this thread tentatively for the time being bc this many people are about to kick their dog