X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

NFL Top 100 Players

I was just thinking about the elite talent around the league and how little of that Buffalo has. Then I thought about the NFL Top 100 list and realized Buffalo didn't have a single player on that list heading into 2011 when it was created. Only other team that didn't have a player either was Seattle.

I really think the Bills are conscious of that and realize they need a player on that list that the rest of the league considers elite. Whether that player is drafted or signed at this point shouldn't matter.

Mario doesn't just add himself to the roster with his signature, he brings respect and credibility. He takes down mental barriers other players have of coming to Buffalo. Mental barriers the media have that Buffalo is a low-budget, semi-CFL outfit that can saw its moment of glory and will never see it again. We are throwing everything at Mario so if he doesn't sign that is a huge red flag for every other major FA that we ever try to bring in down the road.

This signing is not just a football move, its a move that can truly make or break this franchise for the foreseeable future.
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: NFL Top 100 Players

Mario at 71, 42 by the fans though.

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

who cares about top 100 for 2011

we will have a few come 2013

williams dareus we are building nicely i have faith in buddy

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by djjimkelly
        who cares about top 100 for 2011

we will have a few come 2013

williams dareus we are building nicely i have faith in buddy
        I think its a telling sign when you don't have a single player in the top 100 going into last season. Some teams have 5 or 6. My point is that we need to add elite players to this franchise in order to become a perennial playoff team again.

Comment

Working...
        X