PDA

View Full Version : a few things ive learned

Sportsuser101
03-15-2012, 08:08 AM
This board has entirely too many "sources". Can't we just post legit information from reliable sources instead of my cousins friend or I know a guy from the airport. I do think mario will sign here based on how much money he would make. I would really like to see both Mario's sign and not just so we can call them Mario brothers but because they are both huge needs.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-15-2012, 08:09 AM
This board has entirely too many "sources". Can't we just post legit information from reliable sources instead of my cousins friend or I know a guy from the airport. I do think mario will sign here based on how much money he would make. I would really like to see both Mario's sign and not just so we can call them Mario brothers but because they are both huge needs.

dude its the internet age... news is different now...

EricStratton
03-15-2012, 08:20 AM
dude its the internet age... news is different now...

Do you really think most of this stuff is news?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Do you really think most of this stuff is news?

i said news is different. obviously its not the same as 20 years ago.

TMu11
03-15-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm not sure what's more annoying; the hundred people that all claim to have a source, and decide they need their own thread, or the other hundred people creating threads *****ing about all the threads.

ddaryl
03-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Yeah it's been abused beyond comprehension.

we have no choice but to take things with a grain of salt. However these last 3 days has been brutal with so called insider bullchit

EricStratton
03-15-2012, 08:26 AM
i said news is different. obviously its not the same as 20 years ago.

Looking at the massive amounts of conflicting and misinformation floated on the Mario story it's different then it was a week ago, let alone 20 years.

The point from the thread starter is that this story has been mostly built of rumor, lies, wild speculation and the desire by many to be first, even if it's completely wrong.

It's been from the nation guys, the local guys and dozens of posters on this and the other Bills boards we all look at.

That and starting new threads that are the same as old threads makes this story impossible to follow.

trapezeus
03-15-2012, 08:28 AM
this made a good case for why old school media is still relevant.

the twitter stuff was ridiculous. he's here he's not here. they love buffalo, hate buffalo.

seeing the man smiling with the money todya will make my day because:
1. the bills will be a better team
2. this saga is over.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Looking at the massive amounts of conflicting and misinformation floated on the Mario story it's different then it was a week ago, let alone 20 years.

The point from the thread starter is that this story has been mostly built of rumor, lies, wild speculation and the desire by many to be first, even if it's completely wrong.

It's been from the nation guys, the local guys and dozens of posters on this and the other Bills boards we all look at.

That and starting new threads that are the same as old threads makes this story impossible to follow.

i agree. but there is nothing we can do about it... twitter/facebook is still very useful, even with all the bs

Philagape
03-15-2012, 08:31 AM
While I don't think all Mario threads should be merged, a new thread should be tolerated only if it's new information from a reliable source.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-15-2012, 08:35 AM
.... Can't we just post legit information from reliable sources instead of my cousins friend or I know a guy from the airport....

When you refer to "reliable sources", are you referring to, say, NBC Sports/Mike Florio/PFT, perchance? Virtually every "quote-unquote" "reliable source" covering this story outside of the immediate Buffalo area has been dead wrong so far. And, it doesn't matter if it has been on Twitter, written articles or in video or radio presentations.

In fact, it has been the local sources--the guy who spotted Mario and the Bills' reps going into Tempo the other night and Tweeted that info--who have been closer to being correct in following this story than any of the other "reliable sources" with the exception of the local Buffalo-area media.

The fact is, there really aren't any "reliable sources" who can tell us what Mario, his fiancee and his agent are thinking at this point. The local media and BB.com can tell us where they are and what they are doing, but, beyond that, it's all speculation. But, we're all so anxious to find out how this will work out that we can't really help speculating.