PDA

View Full Version : Mario to One Bills Drive within the hour, according to WGR !!

Skooby
03-15-2012, 08:24 AM
GO RUSS!!

NOT THE DUDE...
03-15-2012, 08:25 AM
man oh man

Dying_-2-_Live
03-15-2012, 08:25 AM
oh boy, surprise surprise. My excitement is gone after this journey

Mahdi
03-15-2012, 08:27 AM
We don't know why he's going back though. Could be just to hang out... don't get hopes up.

BillsFanCupp38
Does that mean he signed?

The King
How long can they keep him at the facility today, surely he's seen all there is to see. Just sign the frickin paper!

Jaybird
03-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Maybe he left his wallet there

NOT THE DUDE...
03-15-2012, 08:28 AM
i just think he wouldnt even stop by if things were not close... makes no sense, especially on day 3

ptd86
03-15-2012, 08:29 AM
3rd straight day at OBD, hasn't meant anything in the past 2 days.. My hopes aren't too high

Philagape
03-15-2012, 08:29 AM
The Bills said last night he would return to OBD in the morning

better days
03-15-2012, 08:30 AM
We don't know why he's going back though. Could be just to hang out... don't get hopes up.

Just to hang out, SERIOUSLY? Something happens TODAY one way or the other. I think him going to One Bills Drive is GREAT news. No point going there if he is not signing.

Skooby
03-15-2012, 08:30 AM
The Bills said last night he would return to OBD in the morning

Morning 12:01 AM - 11:59 AM, ~12 hours. There's a little room for error there.

Mr. Miyagi
03-15-2012, 08:31 AM
How long can they keep him at the facility today, surely he's seen all there is to see. Just sign the frickin paper!
Even the cops can't keep you as longer as this without charging you with a crime.

THRILLHO
03-15-2012, 08:31 AM
This is zero hour. He signs or he doesn't.

Mahdi
03-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Just to hang out, SERIOUSLY? Something happens TODAY one way or the other. I think him going to One Bills Drive is GREAT news. No point going there if he is not signing.
I was kinda being sarcastic... He's been hanging out since he got to Buffalo. Its kinda been like a field trip.

Skooby
03-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Even the cops can't keep you as longer as this without charging you with a crime.

Some Guantanamo Bay residents beg to differ.

alnilla
03-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Maybe he likes the free food??

mysticsoto
03-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Mario is just trying to get some free lunches/dinners. LOL!

Seriously guys, you all need to calm down. I know it's been an emotional rollercoaster and everyone wants closure...but the truth is, the longer he is here, the more likelihood there is of us getting him.

Kinda like a caller at WGR said - as a car salesman, the longer he could keep a customer on the lot, the more likelihood of the sale going fwd. The client leaves the lot, most likely the sale is lost. The Bills are madly trying to sell this to Mario, fiancee and agent. The longer they remain, the more likelihood he will be a Bill. He hasn't visited any other team yet, and this probably means they are working out the details. It's actually a good sign.

Don't get down unless he leaves Buffalo. While he's here, chances are high we get him!!! If he leaves, this becomes an epic fail.

FlyingDutchman
03-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Chain his ass up in the basement of the ralph until he signs

better days
03-15-2012, 08:36 AM
I was kinda being sarcastic... He's been hanging out since he got to Buffalo. Its kinda been like a field trip.

Yeah, this has been like waiting for childbirth.

Skooby
03-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Chain his ass up in the basement of the ralph until he signs

Hopefully there's a gym down there.

BertSquirtgum
03-15-2012, 08:41 AM
who cares? I don't

Skooby
03-15-2012, 08:43 AM
who cares? I don't

Self-defense mechanisms, nice.

BertSquirtgum
03-15-2012, 08:50 AM
so is alcohol...

Ickybaluky
03-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Adam Schefter tweeted the following:

Texans likely to lose DE/LB Mario Williams, but their free agent center Chris Myers also is visiting today with the Tennessee Titans.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-15-2012, 08:58 AM
As I said in another thread, Mario probably was not thinking that he would sign with the Bills when he arrived (see how little baggage he was carrying in the photo with Nix) and was very pleasantly surprised not only by the amount of money the Bills were offering (he knew he could net about the same elsewhere after taxes), but by the Bills players that he met and what he saw and was told about the area.

That's why he arranged for his fiancee to come to Buffalo yesterday afternoon. He wouldn't have brought her to Buffalo if he wasn't interested. But, he also wasn't going to sign with the Bills if she didn't like the area, either (smart move on his part).

Now, she probably didn't know much about WNY and wasn't thinking of Buffalo as a possible destination when Mario left home to come here. So, she, quite naturally, probably also wanted to see what the area would be like for her. So, she got a tour of the area last night and then, apparently, went to dinner with some of the Bills and their wives who live in the area. Then, according to some rumours, they spent the night with Jim and Jill Kelly (who better to tell them what it would be like to live in WNY with that kind of money--especially since Jim Kelly and Mario are both into hunting, etc.).***

In the meantime, Mario's agent and the Bills' money men have been working on the details of the contract offer--with the amount of money involved, BOTH sides are going to want to make sure that everything has been worked out to both sides' satisfaction.

So, now Mario and his fiancee go back to OBD to talk with the agent and the Bills to 1.) let the Bills know what Mario and his fiancee are thinking, and 2.) tie up any loose ends (or negotiate any unresolved details) in the contract if Mario and his fiancee have decided that, much to their surprise, Buffalo has turned out to be a lot nicer than they had originally been led to believe.

Now, if Mario has decided to sign with the Bills, there is also the factor of Ralph Wilson. You have to know that, if he is going to pay out this kind of money, if he can possibly do it physically, Ralph will want to meet Mario in person and be there for the signing and press conference. He has always been there whenever the Bills have signed a high-profile player, so why wouldn't he want to be there now? Of course he would, if he possibly can do it physically! And, the Bills will hold off on making any announcement of a signing or press conference until Ralph gets to Buffalo, if he is able to come.

*** My wife, who could care less about football other than how my interest in the Bills impacts me, told me, definitively, that she believes that Mario's fiancee would not have let him stick around last night if she was put off by what she saw yesterday or didn't like what she saw and heard at dinner last night. The way my wife put it was, "If she didn't like the area, they would both have been out of there last night!" So, take that for what it's worth in your considerations as well.

Skooby
03-15-2012, 09:05 AM
As I said in another thread, Mario probably was not thinking that he would sign with the Bills when he arrived (see how little baggage he was carrying in the photo with Nix) and was very pleasantly surprised not only by the amount of money the Bills were offering (he knew he could net about the same elsewhere after taxes), but by the Bills players that he met and what he saw and was told about the area.

That's why he arranged for his fiancee to come to Buffalo yesterday afternoon. He wouldn't have brought her to Buffalo if he wasn't interested. But, he also wasn't going to sign with the Bills if she didn't like the area, either (smart move on his part).

Now, she probably didn't know much about WNY and wasn't thinking of Buffalo as a possible destination when Mario left home to come here. So, she, quite naturally, probably also wanted to see what the area would be like for her. So, she got a tour of the area last night and then, apparently, went to dinner with some of the Bills and their wives who live in the area. Then, according to some rumours, they spent the night with Jim and Jill Kelly (who better to tell them what it would be like to live in WNY with that kind of money--especially since Jim Kelly and Mario are both into hunting, etc.).***

In the meantime, Mario's agent and the Bills' money men have been working on the details of the contract offer--with the amount of money involved, BOTH sides are going to want to make sure that everything has been worked out to both sides' satisfaction.

So, now Mario and his fiancee go back to OBD to talk with the agent and the Bills to 1.) let the Bills know what Mario and his fiancee are thinking, and 2.) tie up any loose ends (or negotiate any unresolved details) in the contract if Mario and his fiancee have decided that, much to their surprise, Buffalo has turned out to be a lot nicer than they had originally been led to believe.

Now, if Mario has decided to sign with the Bills, there is also the factor of Ralph Wilson. You have to know that, if he is going to pay out this kind of money, if he can possibly do it physically, Ralph will want to meet Mario in person and be there for the signing and press conference. He has always been there whenever the Bills have signed a high-profile player, so why wouldn't he want to be there now? Of course he would, if he possibly can do it physically! And, the Bills will hold off on making any announcement of a signing or press conference until Ralph gets to Buffalo, if he is able to come.

*** My wife, who could care less about football other than how my interest in the Bills impacts me, told me, definitively, that she believes that Mario's fiancee would not have let him stick around last night if she was put off by what she saw yesterday or didn't like what she saw and heard at dinner last night. The way my wife put it was, "If she didn't like the area, they would both have been out of there last night!" So, take that for what it's worth in your considerations as well.

Brilliantly written man & true.

Ickybaluky
03-15-2012, 09:06 AM
They are going to work on one of those videos like terrorists make when they kidnap someone. Nix and Gailey will be on either side holding uzi's with bandannas covering their faces, and Williams kneeling in the middle saying how he wants to be a Bill. It will be like those Iraq prisoners of war.

don137
03-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Glad to see LifetimeBillsFan posting....I think it's a great sign he is heading to OBD. I was worried that the Bills were going to get Meachemed again when he left OBD last night.

Jan Reimers
03-15-2012, 09:09 AM
My third cousin twice removed just told me that the FBI is investigating the Bills for the possible kidnapping of someone described as a "large black man believed to be a former member of the Houston Texans football team."

Skooby
03-15-2012, 09:13 AM
My third cousin twice removed just told me that the FBI is investigating the Bills for the possible kidnapping of someone described as a "large black man believed to be a former member of the Houston Texans football team."

LOL, he's in the basement of Denny's right now. Next to the gift card box.

2slowtogofast
03-15-2012, 09:32 AM
per Chris Brown

NOT THE DUDE...
03-15-2012, 09:33 AM
hes been there for about a hour, per wgr

Philagape
03-15-2012, 09:36 AM
WGR was going on Marvez's speculation that he "should" be arriving. This is an actual report

DrGraves
03-15-2012, 09:36 AM
WHy bother coming back if he plans on leaving? Sign it baby!

ublinkwescore
03-15-2012, 09:37 AM
If he is hanging out this much, he is a bill already folks. His wife may have tried to convince him to look elsewhere and it was him that had to put his foot down or convince her that this was the right place.

THRILLHO
03-15-2012, 09:37 AM
"Here are some lovely parting gifts to remember your time in Buffalo. Please take it easy on Fitzpatrick or whoever our next Qb of the future is when you play us next."

ublinkwescore
03-15-2012, 09:39 AM
They are going to work on one of those videos like terrorists make when they kidnap someone. Nix and Gailey will be on either side holding uzi's with bandannas covering their faces, and Williams kneeling in the middle saying how he wants to be a Bill. It will be like those Iraq prisoners of war.
That is an awesome idea for a Photoshop avatar.

Philagape
03-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Speaking of Marvez ....

Alex Marvez ‏ @alexmarvez
Source tells me Williams-to-Bills deal "should be getting done." Let's see if they're right. We'll know soon.

MattyNH
03-15-2012, 09:42 AM
This thing is going waaaaay too long, I think the Bills have Priopism

Meathead
03-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Mario just entered Ralphs private bathroom!

and he brought a stack of stapled legal paper and a gold Bills pen with him!

Mr. Miyagi
03-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Mario just entered Ralphs private bathroom!

and he brought a stack of stapled legal paper and a gold Bills pen with him!

Ralph sightings are always newsworthy. Russ also can't write a check for more than $99 without Ralph's dual signature.
Is he gonna wipe his ass with our offer?

Meathead
03-15-2012, 09:48 AM
either that or work something out with the pen

Treason
03-15-2012, 09:54 AM
GO RUSS!!

Do you know what it takes to sell real estate in Buffalo to Mario Williams? It takes BRASS BALLS.