• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

It's not Mario. It's his agent.

Just my guess. I think Mario has decided and his agent is just trying to play hard ball and drive up the price. And the longer they drag their feet the fewer FAs are left for us and the worse we look to the city so we have no choice,
  • BillsFanCupp38
    • Mar 2004

Re: It's not Mario. It's his agent.

I think he is waiting on Manning. If Manning signs with the Titans then Mario will sign with us. If not then I am certain the Titans have the money to get Mario there and he would also be closer to his home town in North Carolina.
    Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      Just my guess. I think Mario has decided and his agent is just trying to play hard ball and drive up the price. And the longer they drag their feet the fewer FAs are left for us and the worse we look to the city so we have no choice,
      This makes sense. For the agent, every bit of haggling could increase his pay by a quarter mil. That's serious cash for these guys.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi
        This makes sense. For the agent, every bit of haggling could increase his pay by a quarter mil. That's serious cash for these guys.

yeah, but i would assume that preliminary contract talks can be done with in 24 hrs...

at some point, a team just doesnt have the money... all the agent has to do is call up tennessee or whoever.

Comment

• BLeonard
          BoB Sabermetrician
          • Jan 2003

Not a bad thought, in theory. But, the question is, who else are the Bills really pursuing in Free Agency? Doesn't matter if there are "fewer FAs left for us" if the Bills aren't in play for any of them.

-Bill

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
            • Mar 2004

$250,000 serious cash to these guys? Dude is going to get $50 million and a quarter mill is serious cash? IMO its chump change. They aint bothering over no quater mill
            Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38
              $250,000 serious cash to these guys? Dude is going to get $50 million and a quarter mill is serious cash? IMO its chump change. They aint bothering over no quater mill
              I was talking about the agent...

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                • Mar 2004

I was talking about the agent...

Again... With this kind of deal I don't think that matters too much...
                Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Actually, I was thinking the other day that maybe his agent was encouraging him to sign with Buffalo.

The reports were saying that we were pricing other teams out of the race, possibly all of them. That means the only other thing those teams can offer is more of a winning tradition. Mario may very well be willing to take less money to go to a team that can sniff a winning season.

Agents, of course, don't care about being on a winning team - they care about money.

Now I'm not saying Mario isn't interested...he obviously is if he brought his fiancee up and is going on his third day here. Just saying I think the agent would be favoring Buffalo over offers from other teams. JMO.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Again... With this kind of deal I don't think that matters too much...
                    Sorry but 250,000 dollars extra in an agent's pocket is a big deal. That is their business.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Good question. What other FA DEs are still out there? Is Abraham signed? I say why not start talking to him? If/when Mario signs at worst case we have an awesome pass rush duo. We have the cap room and the cash.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Good question. What other FA DEs are still out there? Is Abraham signed? I say why not start talking to him? If/when Mario signs at worst case we have an awesome pass rush duo. We have the cap room and the cash.
                        Bills don't want players over 30. Wimbley is still available or will be available soon. Everyone else is pretty much signed.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                          • Mar 2004

Sorry but 250,000 dollars extra in an agent's pocket is a big deal. That is their business.

He's only going to get a percentage of that money. And with the deal that is already on the table his agent is going to get paid big bucks as it is. It just seems very unlikely that they are trying to squander an extra $250,000.
                          Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                            • Sep 2008

I think he is waiting on Manning. If Manning signs with the Titans then Mario will sign with us. If not then I am certain the Titans have the money to get Mario there and he would also be closer to his home town in North Carolina.
                            What if Manning is actually waiting to see what Mario Williams does? If he signs with the Bills, I doubt Manning is wanting to go to Miami. It almost instantly rules that team out making his decision easier on who to roll with between remaining teams vying for his services. Just an odd "what if" twist to your comment here. Why not... lol

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

He's only going to get a percentage of that money. And with the deal that is already on the table his agent is going to get paid big bucks as it is. It just seems very unlikely that they are trying to squander an extra $250,000.
                              I'm saying the $250,000 is the agent's percentage if he haggles another 4,000,000 for Mario.

Agents make about 5%. Even if he manages to get another $2,000,000 for Mario the agent pockets an extra $100,000. That is a ton of money for the agent. So you bet he is going to be trying to get as much money as he can in what could be the biggest deal he ever negotiates.

Comment

Working...
                              X