PDA

View Full Version : Trade offer for Stafford?

OpIv37
03-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Last night during the game, the NBC announcers said that Darcy received trade offers for Drew Stafford.

Now, I don't know who they are or what kind of credibility they have, but I'd be furious if that turns out to be true.

Stafford is the microcosm for exactly what is wrong with this team. Darcy should have dumped him and his contract for peanuts if someone offered.

chernobylwraiths
03-15-2012, 08:57 AM
I feel similar to that about Roy.

Mski
03-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Op you should know better than to listen to the guys on NBCSN.... most of the game they didnt know who was on the ice, for either team, let alone what was actually done around the trade deadline

SabreEleven
03-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Someone actually wanted Stafford...they are stupid whoever they are.

OpIv37
03-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Op you should know better than to listen to the guys on NBCSN.... most of the game they didnt know who was on the ice, for either team, let alone what was actually done around the trade deadline

Hey I'm just throwing it out there to see if anyone has confirmation from reliable sources.

I know they're idiots, but they felt confident enough about the information to say it on national TV.

DMBcrew36
03-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Lets assume what they said was true...

Maybe the offers or potential deals for Stafford did not show enough return. Darcy could've also been busy making the Gaustad and Kassian moves (Gaustad being most important because he was about to walk for nothing this Summer).

Maybe Stafford is moved this Summer around draft time or free agency (same with Roy).

OpIv37
03-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Lets assume what they said was true...

Maybe the offers or potential deals for Stafford did not show enough return. Darcy could've also been busy making the Gaustad and Kassian moves (Gaustad being most important because he was about to walk for nothing this Summer).

Maybe Stafford is moved this Summer around draft time or free agency (same with Roy).

That's the same problem Darcy ALWAYS has.

Stafford is a player who put together one season that was statistically good by being streaky but really flourishing during the hot streaks. Coincidentally, it was also his contract year. He's been nothing but average other than that, and his cap hit is not justified by his production.

NO ONE wants a player like that.

The ONLY legitimate reason Darcy should have for not getting out of that crappy contract is if the only compensation being offered came with a whole new set of cap problems. If the compensation was any combination of draft picks, prospects, or guys with cap hits significantly less than Stafford's, he has no excuses.

Let's put it this way: if you have a car that's still in good working order and you sell it, you expect compensation consistent with the age, mileage and type of car. But, if you have a car with a lot of features that's in need of major mechanical repair and can't be driven out of your driveway in its current condition, you'd take less than what it's worth if someone else is willing to take on the headache of hauling it away and paying for the repairs. the only way you don't make the deal is if the only compensation they offered you is a car that's in equally bad shape.

trapezeus
03-15-2012, 01:48 PM
but no one is giving you a prospect for him. they are sending you their stafford. better with the devil you know or the devil you don't?

my favorite line last night was considering moving hodgson to wing. Right because if there is a shortage on this team its wingers who cant score.

Mski
03-15-2012, 01:58 PM
my favorite line last night was considering moving hodgson to wing. Right because if there is a shortage on this team its wingers who cant score.it fits this teams MO... move natural wingers to center, move a pure center to winger :up:

clumping platelets
03-17-2012, 04:23 AM
Depends on what was offered

YardRat
03-17-2012, 05:25 AM
Last night during the game, the NBC announcers said that Darcy received trade offers for Drew Stafford.

Now, I don't know who they are or what kind of credibility they have, but I'd be furious if that turns out to be true.

Stafford is the microcosm for exactly what is wrong with this team. Darcy should have dumped him and his contract for peanuts if someone offered.

Maybe Darcy was holding out for peanuts, but the best offer he could get was a piece of slightly used gum.

SkateZilla
03-17-2012, 07:33 AM
NBCSN Play by play is a step above carolina's.

they ramble and ramble and ramble, then when a team scores, they finish their sentence realquick, then say "they scccccccore" like they are constipated and trying to push it out.

mightysimi
03-18-2012, 10:42 AM
but no one is giving you a prospect for him. they are sending you their stafford. better with the devil you know or the devil you don't?

my favorite line last night was considering moving hodgson to wing. Right because if there is a shortage on this team its wingers who cant score.

The exact reason he was deemed expendable by Vancouver. He couldn't play the wing. Or he would have been playing with Kesler and Booth instead of trying to be a checking Center which he is not.

Dozerdog
03-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Maybe it was the Leafs offering up Tim Connolly-