PDA

View Full Version : So what happends after Mario?

Go Go Buffalo14574
03-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Get some delph players in here or cut players that is going too be out there. And sign our own next Bill's next years free agent's might as well do it now after Mario. Bill's have alot i mean alot 4 next year. Might as well get started and redo Fred Jackson contract.

So what u think they are gonig too do after all of this?

justasportsfan
03-15-2012, 08:49 AM
create another 100 threads about how Ralph is cheap.

OpIv37
03-15-2012, 08:49 AM
there are some good LT's out there still.

They have to do something about WR.

If they don't get Mario, they better re-do Freddy's contract because obviously they have money and there isn't anybody left worth that amount.

The King
03-15-2012, 08:50 AM
paladin?

Go Go Buffalo14574
03-15-2012, 08:53 AM

If they don't get Mario, they better re-do Freddy's contract because obviously they have money and there isn't anybody left worth that amount.

I agree, also I would think their own free agents that are going to be for next year free agenty. Might as well get that done. Lots of good players on Bill's going to be next year.

Philagape
03-15-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm eagerly anticipating the Hitler video

Go Go Buffalo14574
03-15-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm eagerly anticipating the Hitler video

lol

OpIv37
03-15-2012, 08:56 AM
create another 100 threads about how Ralph is cheap.

well, if we don't get Mario, this time it WON'T be because Ralph is cheap.

And that's a scary thought.

Cheap is easy to fix. You just have to offer up the money.

But if they offer up the money and STILL can't get top FA's, it means this organization has much more fundamental problems that are much more difficult to fix. Basically, it means no one is going to come here unless we win, but we can't win unless we get better players.

Go Go Buffalo14574
03-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Bill's 2013 Free Agents. Some good players. Esp, Levitre, Bryd, Moorman, Nelson.

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/2013/buffalo-bills/

justasportsfan
03-15-2012, 09:03 AM
well, if we don't get Mario, this time it WON'T be because Ralph is cheap.

And that's a scary thought.

Cheap is easy to fix. You just have to offer up the money.

But if they offer up the money and STILL can't get top FA's, it means this organization has much more fundamental problems that are much more difficult to fix. Basically, it means no one is going to come here unless we win, but we can't win unless we get better players.

well , your "ralph is cheap" thought got flushed down the toilet and now you're looking for something else negative to say.........unfortunately I agree

better days
03-15-2012, 09:05 AM

Fred will not get done until FA is over IMO. After FA ends the Bills will know what is left of the pie & Fred can have a small piece of it.

OpIv37
03-15-2012, 09:10 AM
well , your "ralph is cheap" thought got flushed down the toilet and now you're looking for something else negative to say.........unfortunately I agree

Not really sure how you can say it got flushed down the toilet because of ONE FA.

We still traded Lee Evans away to save $2 million when we were already $20 million under the cap.

We still went into last season $20 million under the cap.

Our coaches are still consistently amongst the lowest paid in the league.

We still let Winfield, Clements, Fletcher, Pat Williams, Jonas Jennings and Jason Peters walk (actually I think they traded Peters, but same difference because they did it so they didn't have to pay him).

Ralph spent big in FA in 2003 and 2007 but, other than that, has done nothing in FA in the last decade except bring in role players and journeymen for depth.

It's great that Ralph is offering up the dough for Mario. It's great that we didn't let Stevie walk. Hopefully these are signs that things are changing. But two good moves don't negate 52 years of tight purse strings.

But at least we agreed on the main point for once.

Ickybaluky
03-15-2012, 09:11 AM
I think there is still some guys out there on the OL, ILB, RB and DT. Those positions weren't as hot at first, but will pick up.

Keep in mind there are still a few vets that could shake loose as well. A lot of guys may have been approached about taking a paycut or being cut. A lot of times guys have a roster bonus due by the 10th day of the league year to force a decision.

OpIv37
03-15-2012, 09:17 AM
I think there is still some guys out there on the OL, ILB, RB and DT. Those positions weren't as hot at first, but will pick up.

Keep in mind there are still a few vets that could shake loose as well. A lot of guys may have been approached about taking a paycut or being cut. A lot of times guys have a roster bonus due by the 10th day of the league year to force a decision.

We definitely don't need help at DT. Maybe some rotation/depth guys, but with Williams and Dareus, we are fine with starters.

We could use a 3rd RB, possibly someone who could be an insurance policy in case Jackson's age catches up with him or if we can't re-sign him.

We definitely need OL help- at the very least we need depth, and I'd like to see our starting T situation improved.

And we definitely need help at ILB, although pass rusher is by far the biggest need.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-15-2012, 09:27 AM
What happens after Mario?

Well, it depends on just how big this deal is! Ralph may just be looking for nickels and pennies on the ground after what he ends up giving to Mario.... :biggrin:

justasportsfan
03-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Not really sure how you can say it got flushed down the toilet because of ONE FA.

We still traded Lee Evans away to save $2 million when we were already $20 million under the cap. .do you know that for a fact or was it because Lee was not Gaileys type of wr who wasn't big enough.

We still went into last season $20 million under the cap. . Not blowing our cap last year led us to being able to throw money for Mario.

You don't blow your cap on players that when you don't even know what your teams identity is. Sometimes you can't identify your biggest needs in the 2nd year of rebuild. NIx himself said it clearer to him what the needs are now.

Our coaches are still consistently amongst the lowest paid in the league..Donahoe picked "yes maams" coaches after having problems with Cowher.That wasn't Ralphies fault.

Ralph wanted MArtz but Levy picked Jauron.

Ralph was willing to go with COwher who said no thanks and SHanahan as well.

We still let Winfield, Clements, Fletcher, Pat Williams, Jonas Jennings and Jason Peters walk (actually I think they traded Peters, but same difference because they did it so they didn't have to pay him). . that wasn't Ralphies fault. If we signed Clements to the contract he signed which made him the highest paid player in the league, you'd be calling our FO IDIOTS.

Re-signing Lee Evans , Fitz , Stevie,etc.etc. trumps all of that. This tells me that Ralph would have re-signed them if the GM told him to.

Ralph spent big in FA in 2003 and 2007 but, other than that, has done nothing in FA in the last decade except bring in role players and journeymen for depth..
thats not his call . Thats the GM's call.

It's great that Ralph is offering up the dough for Mario. It's great that we didn't let Stevie walk. Hopefully these are signs that things are changing. But two good moves don't negate 52 years of tight purse strings.

But at least we agreed on the main point for once.

the fact that Ralph is willing to make MArio the highest paid defensive player tells me that Ralph was WILLING to spend all along but he listened to his GM's.

justasportsfan
03-15-2012, 09:34 AM
OH, Jason Peters wanted to leave to. Bills were willing to pay him.

You can't use Lee Evans either because Ralph PAID him to what was a high salary back then. Letting him go last year makes sense because Gailey didn't like him so why pay him what he was due last year if you don't like him. So it was a little bit of cap management as well as logical thinking.

I also forgot about Kelsay was paid a lot by what was considered a huge contract then for an average at best player. Another example of Ralph willinmg to pay if his GM advices him to do so.