• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Early Doucet

He's not as high profile as Manningham, but I like Doucet a lot. Seems like he's being over looked right now. He was about as sure handed as anyone in the league last year. And he makes the most of his opportunities in the red zone.

He's my ideal counter to Stevie.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Bangarang
    • Sep 2010

Re: Early Doucet

I like Doucet. Wouldn't mind if we took a look at him after finishing with Williams. Although this may be the only time I wouldn't care if Nix went and took a nap.

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

I liked early comming out of LSU. However, since he;s been given a chance as the number 2 guy in Zona he hasn't really taken advantage. MIght be their Qb situation, but not sure.

I wouldn't hate on the move tho

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

Doucet is an interesting possibility. Buddy said he wanted to be done with FA by tomorrow, that makes me think we have a few more visits lined up in the next 24 hours. Since they already had Meachem in, having another WR in would be a pretty good bet. Same goes for a LT, I knock Mcneil is in Detroit today but I wouldn't be shocked if he visits.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

I like him as a slot receiver, but would still want to find a top outside guy to play opposite Stevie.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Would be much cheaper and probably just as productive as Manningham.

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Do it.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

He's a major head case, is he not? Didn't he do something extremely stupid in a game this past season?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

I want Winston or McNeill next lol

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                      He's a major head case, is he not? Didn't he do something extremely stupid in a game this past season?
                      He fell back pedaling into the end zone? But I dont know of any off the field crap.
                      It was all

Comment

• ThunderGun
                        • Dec 2011

I'd rather have Doucet than Manningham.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by King Bedard
                          He fell back pedaling into the end zone? But I dont know of any off the field crap.
                          No, I though the got ejected from a game for doing something ridiculous. I believe it was vs the 49ers. I'll try to find it.

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

SAN FRANCISCO -- Safety Dashon Goldson was ejected from the 49ers' 23-7 win over Arizona after getting into a fight and punching Cardinals wide receiver Early Doucet in the fourth quarter Sunday.
                            It was all

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Yeah, that was it. I must've been thinking of someone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X