PDA

View Full Version : so what was the big delay? did they ever say?

trapezeus
03-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Also what players other than kyle williams was in on the recruiting?

mario mentioned jim kelly. but where was dareus...didn't hear his name. I'm just curious if it was the entire defense or just a select number of players who were in town. regardless they all seem jazzed.

if the bills nail this draft 100%, they could be scary next year...if they get it 50% right, they could still be playoff bound.

finally a three year plan that you see results from.

BertSquirtgum
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
ralph had a heart attack when he heard the final numbers.

SABURZFAN
03-15-2012, 06:02 PM
ralph had a heart attack when he heard the final numbers.

not to mention that he soiled himself too.

trapezeus
03-15-2012, 06:09 PM
well it was as helpful as i imagined as i thought this might be.

Stewie
03-15-2012, 10:13 PM
If I have to guess, and I didn't get a chance to hear any of the interviews yet, but to Mario this didn't happen quickly. Think about it.. Tuesday afternoon he's on a plane from Raleigh to buffalo, a place he has never really been to. That night he meets some members of the team for the first time. He goes to sleep, gets up, gets his fiancee, meets the team again. Goes to sleep, gets up, and its signing time. It probably seemd 100x longer to all of us, but to him it probably happened pretty quick.

OpIv37
03-15-2012, 10:30 PM
honestly, I don't care.

There is a part of me that wants to know what happened in the interim, but at the end of the day. all I care about is that we got the result we wanted.

FlyingDutchman
03-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Heard the interviews and it sounds like he was really interested in what else besides football around here. Wanted to be in a place where he felt comfortable. Hes hasn't really been here before, and all hes heard is hearsay. Said hes been everywhere else, but never really here. He hung out at the facilities til like midnight just picking Kyle Williams brain on Tuesday. Sounds like that had a coach in common and that coach raved about Kyle Williams. Said it was nice to know as a defensive end that he would be able to get aroud the Tackle, and have the QB still there bc of the push WIlliams and Dareus will get up the middle.

Sounds like yesterday he spent a lot of time looking around at what the place had to offer with his fiance with the Kellys and then spent time at his house. Conveniently Kelly had some huge deers in his backyard and that just lit Mario up. Hes a big time gamer, and between that and Kyle Williams (also a hunter), we started pushing the right buttons. Theres only so many hours in the day ya know, so figure he probably spent a good 3 hours looking around with the Kellys, spent time at their house, maybe some dinner and then probably started doing some back and forth contract wise late in the day. Didn't get done so they just held off til the morning

Mario and his wife sound really down to earth, and they just loved the friendly down to earth people of western new york, and how everyone made him feel wanted and welcomed. From the front office to the fans, we did a hell of a sales job together

FlyingDutchman
03-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Go to 1:19 of this, Ill bet Jim had some help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV1wFtRi4m0

BertSquirtgum
03-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Jim Kelly is the man. I hope he is running the team one day.

Beebe's Kid
03-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Go to 1:19 of this, Ill bet Jim had some help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV1wFtRi4m0
Without seeing the video, I would say he had 100 million helpers.

Night Train
03-16-2012, 05:28 AM
NFL shut down the fax machine, so the contract couldn't be sent over.

Only large markets are allowed to sign big name FA's.

methos4ever
03-16-2012, 06:16 AM
One of the other key players per Buddy were Brad Smith and his wife. So his contract for those that complain about it was worth it to help reel in Super Mario.

mayotm
03-16-2012, 07:13 AM
honestly, I don't care.

There is a part of me that wants to know what happened in the interim, but at the end of the day. all I care about is that we got the result we wanted.Who hacked Op's account?