Anyone catch Jim Kelly's interview where he mentioned dangling the #10 pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Anyone catch Jim Kelly's interview where he mentioned dangling the #10 pick?

Thought it was interesting for him to drop that out there and then keep right on talking as if to maybe bypass something he wasn't supposed to say...guess it doesn't matter if other teams know this but I wonder if they are really hot to trade back. I personally would love to drop 4-6 spots and pick up another high pick. If Richardson drops to #10 I bet the phone rings off the wall in that war room! Bengals?
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • cordog
    eat, drink, and be merry
    • Apr 2003

Re: Anyone catch Jim Kelly's interview where he mentioned dangling the #10 pick?

I can see Cleveland taking Blackmon at #4 and moving back up from #22 to grab Richardson.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
      • Sep 2003

Re: Anyone catch Jim Kelly's interview where he mentioned dangling the #10 pick?

Some team has to a) want to trade up to 10, and b) offer proper value. It's not like ordering a pizza.

PTR
      10 Commandments of the D
      1. Never stop Rocking.
      2. Legalize all drugs.
      3. Quit your day job.
      4. All Religion should be taxed.
      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
      6. F**k her gently.
      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Stewie
        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
        • Aug 2002

It's kind of like ordering a pizza; it's on the phone. Unless you order pizza or trade employees via text or web. Which is also possible, but not as likely.
        Originally posted by Topdog
        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        I love Weiner.
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        also cheese

Comment

• BLeonard
          BoB Sabermetrician
          • Jan 2003

Well, pretty sure that Nix said he'd like to pick up another pick... That would be a way to do that... Especially if they aren't in love with someone at 10 that they think they can get if they trade down...

To be honest, after today's transpirings, Nix's word holds more weight with me than it did yesterday...

-Bill

Comment

• jpdex12
            • Jan 2005

I was curious as to whether Kelly was just thinking this on his own or if he was privvy to some strong conversations from Nix on how much they would like to trade out of the 10 spot?

Good thing is that there are a few teams with some second picks below us at 10 and they are the ones most likely to want to move around with those picks if there is still a hot prospect still on the board when we pick.

Obviously, we have heard more and more about how it would be nice to trade back and grab Floyd. I could see this as something that OBD would like especially if we don't acquire a #2 WR the rest of FA.
            Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Jim Kelly is the man.

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

I think you're reading into this way too much.

Yes, it would be great to trade down.

When's the last time we've actually done it? Once in the last 10 years? I'd say those are about our chances of doing it this year.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

After his slumber party with Mario, is it possible the "Kelly doesn't have **** to do with the team, and should shut the **** up" comments are going to fade for a week or two?

The #10 pick is easy for a guy like Nix. If there is more value in the offer than the pick, swap...if not get BPA in that spot. I have had confidence in Nix from the jump. I don't think the impacts of his drafts have been recognized, and in five years we'll see that he was the best thing to happen to this team in a while.

That and he gives honest interviews that are extremely entertaining. He'll be prepared on Draft Day...

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Stewie
                    It's kind of like ordering a pizza; it's on the phone. Unless you order pizza or trade employees via text or web. Which is also possible, but not as likely.
                    You're right. It's EXACTLY like ordering a pizza....if Domino's told you to f**k off when you call because they don't want whatever you are offering for their pizza, which is not even for sale!

PTR
                    10 Commandments of the D
                    1. Never stop Rocking.
                    2. Legalize all drugs.
                    3. Quit your day job.
                    4. All Religion should be taxed.
                    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                    6. F**k her gently.
                    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
                      I was curious as to whether Kelly was just thinking this on his own or if he was privvy to some strong conversations from Nix on how much they would like to trade out of the 10 spot?

I'm pretty sure he was thinking on his own. Nix probably knows Chad Kelly has the tendency to sing like a canary.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• JCBills
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Oaf
                        I think you're reading into this way too much.

Yes, it would be great to trade down.

When's the last time we've actually done it? Once in the last 10 years? I'd say those are about our chances of doing it this year.
                        Has the FO been the same for the last 10 years?

No.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

how can you know what you will do with the 10 pick when you haven't see the 10 (or realistically 8) picks ahead of you?

you could have someone fall right into your lap and you don't want to take the gamble. you may have someone that you kind of want and know there is a team that desperately wants him and they make you an offer.

it's just food for thought. I think that means the bills will look at how the draft pans out and if their people aren't there or they think they can get a number of picks that deepens their roster, they will do it.

Comment

Working...
                          X