X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TerrellOwensSharpie8
    • Jan 2010

What would it take to get Osi in here?

Anyone know if OSI is still on the trade block and what the Giants were asking before?
  • THRILLHO
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
    • Feb 2009

Re: What would it take to get Osi in here?

Mario isn't enough?
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      • May 2009

No thanks.

Comment

• TerrellOwensSharpie8
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by THRILLHO
        Mario isn't enough?

no it's not that....I'm just thinking since we signed Mario who knows what's possible. Get as good as we can......

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I'm all for getting as good as we can, but right now DL is the strength of this team. If we're going to make a trade, go WR, OLB, ILB, CB, TE in that order.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Stewie
            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
            • Aug 2002

I also think we need more on the DL.

A better DL makes everyone on the back 7 better.

IMO, we will draft a DE at some point, we will also sign a couple more as college/pro FA's before camp starts, and one of those guys could make the team.
            Originally posted by Topdog
            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            I love Weiner.
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            also cheese

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I'm all for getting as good as we can, but right now DL is the strength of this team. If we're going to make a trade, go WR, OLB, ILB, CB, TE in that order.

LT?
              Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                • Jan 2010

you build through the draft... rather have a young curry or jones in rd 2

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Cali512
                  LT?
                  damn, how could I forget? That should be second behind WR.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I agree. To get better somewhere else and potentially turn a weakness into less of a weakness or even a potential strength. The more areas of strength we can have on this team the farther we will see this team go.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

WR is far and away the spot to target now, unless there is a plan for the draft, but there are at least 9 chances for that plan to go sideways. Remember how good the offense looked early on? Before aware and Fitz got banged up? Depth atmawRmis clutch to having a relevant 5 wide package. The idea is great. But we need some more horses.

As for LT...I say get Bell back, and draft with one of the early picks.

Another position that we may want to consider a decent backup for is C. Wood is a good player, but if people are going to jump on Bell, we shouldn't let Wood skate, and when he went down last year, it was bad news. Besides ismwemlose a couple Guards...Wood can slide over. I think a backup C would be a wise addition.

I also wouldn't complain about any CB pickups. McKelvin is wearing out his welcome, and I don't think it is,a good idea to hang our hat on anything we have. That should be a wide open completion.

LB is going to be a problem if anybody goes down, and it would be a great problem to have Merriman in on every 3rd down.

There are still needs, but we are making strides. Can't wait to see the Ralph on Game Day again.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                        • Sep 2002

I'd say we take the Best OT on the board at ten. does anyone really think that Reiff and Kalil will both be gone before we pick at 10? Reiff was rated at one time the number one OT by Mayock - don't know where Mayock has him now... but if we get an OT, and Bell back, we can have competition for the LT spot and the loser will man the right side, and it will yield us both a starter and some depth any way you slice it.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          • Sep 2002

I am really concerned with how this team played when playing musical chairs with our Olinemen. I want some stability, and some people with starting experience to be backing up our starters.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            • Sep 2002

exhibit A:

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

I'm going to just say that these are all "If healthy" thoughts.

DL across the board is by far our strength, both in starters and depth.
                              Interior line looks good, as well as Pears, as long as they don't do the injury shuffle.
                              Safety, with Byrd and Wilson as starters, looks like a good group as well.
                              Duo at RB if Spiller plays up to his potential, and kind of groom White to take the goal-line brunt.

Middle of the pack, we have Fitz at QB. He's a good fit for the system, but needs a capable backup. Thigpen sucks.
                              In said system, we (even though we're all obsessive fans here) know all of our receivers. We know they have potential... We know we have a #1, we know we have a 3rd down threat, but then we have Aiken (potential) Jones (potential) Clowney (fodder) Roosevelt (meh?) Martin (ugh...) and Easley (never has seen an NFL game). We need a #2, but SB's aren't won on potential.
                              I personally like our LB corp. I want to see Sheppard go sideline to sideline, I like Barnett, and I want to see what Merriman can bring. Depth is good on ST but I wouldn't want them in for more than 3 downs.

The corners. The corners hurt us. Now... with this added pass rush and fear off the edge, I think it improves our corners play (duh) but we have a mixture of old and young with no one really sticking out.
                              Tight End has Chandler, who I don't mind, but we need depth and a better blocker.

Left. Tackle. It's got to either be LT or WR at 10 in my opinion

N/A: FB, K, P, LS.
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X