PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network - Baldinger and Billick

jdbillsfan
03-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Billicks problem is that he didn't think they were one player away and they need more than spending so much on one guy

Baldinger doesn't think Mario is an elite player, like JPP, Jared Allen, etc. Mario on Houston wasn't an elite defense

Both didn't think it was a good move for Buffalo.

Billick liked the Bucs deal because they got more players for what Buffalo paid for Mario.

Two douchebags....

TerrellOwensSharpie8
03-15-2012, 10:50 PM
They got bonuses today to bash the small market Buffalo...... Hey NFL NET, go dunk your head under water three times and come up twice.

If ANY other team signed him they'd be gushing for hours about what a great move it was.....

Billick is just mad Ralph wouldn't pay him to coach here.......

jpdex12
03-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah honestly, I wouldn't pis son either of these guys if they were on fire. I ca't figure out how idiots like this get paid so much for saying stupid things. I truly don't think like a homer but come on! How can they say that one player is a good move and the other isn't? They can only base their opinion on historical performance and nwo that these two players are on two new teams this really isn't a great question to ask. Mario was playing in a 3-4 defense and he's going back to a more familair defense. He's averaging almost 10 sacks per year and he was injured for the last two seasons. Jackson has Rivers throwing to him and now he will have an unproven QB in Tampa with a see-saw short track record thus far.

I just dont get where these morons come up with some of their statements.

FlyingDutchman
03-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Screw em. Its been so dang long since we've had anything resembling a pass rush, Im pumped we finally just did whatever we had to do

Buffalogic
03-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Baldinger is a good analyst but JPP elite and Mario not is crazy. JPP just got inserted into a great pass rush and dominated because everyone else was already good. That's why Mario will be so good here. You can't double team 3 out of four dlinemen lol. QB's will drop back and not have anywhere to go due to the tackles and mario will eat qb meat all day

better days
03-16-2012, 06:12 AM
Sour grapes on Billicks part IMO. Still mad the Bills did not even interview him to be HC. If he were HC of the Bills you know he would have wanted to get Williams at any cost.

Skooby
03-16-2012, 06:21 AM
I guess getting to 5-1 & having 1/3 of our starters go on IR means we were miles away from being there, LOL. Where do they dig up the old guard ??

Mathja
03-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Just the other night baldinger did the top value free agent segment and he said it was Mario.only after he signed did that opinion change

Forward_Lateral
03-16-2012, 06:29 AM
If the Pats, Titans or Bears sign Mario to that deal, it's the greatest move in sports history. F those two meat heads. They had a segment on best free agent acquisition so far with Baldy. He said the backup DT the Patriots signed off of Cincinatti. What a toolbag.

NFL Network's Free Agency coverage has been nothing short of craptacular so far. Let's talk about Peyton Manning some more, and have a 2 min blurb about Mario Williams. A-holes.

Luisito23
03-16-2012, 06:29 AM
Billick is a hating idiot...Like someone here said, he's just mad because we didn't want him as a coach.

I've heard him all of last season on a bunch of podcast, and every chance he got he made sure to take a shot at Buffalo...

He's a hater who got lucky in the NFL, and who's opinion shouldn't even matter.

nolimit
03-16-2012, 06:41 AM
billick looked creepy

Forward_Lateral
03-16-2012, 07:17 AM
billick looked creepy

I know. Nice beard. You look like an Amish rapist.

Pinkerton Security
03-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Billick has never liked Buffalo, so I couldnt give a crap, this was personal opinion.

What was Buffalo's biggest need? A legit pass rusher. What is Mario Williams? HEAD AND SHOULDERS the best pass rusher available. Case closed.

Do we need more than 1 guy? Yes. Can we afford more? Yes, and we will also be drafting. Hes an idiot.

tomz
03-16-2012, 07:28 AM
I also have a question about how Vincent Jackson suddenly became an absolutely elite receiver in the pundits' eyes. In spite of having a great QB, what are his stats? I think his reputation was greatly inflated by the free agency process. He might make the top 10 WR if we stretch it a bit.

Whereas Mario needed no inflating. There is no argument with his being a top 5 DE, if not top 3.

Don't Panic
03-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Baldinger is a good analyst but JPP elite and Mario not is crazy. JPP just got inserted into a great pass rush and dominated because everyone else was already good. That's why Mario will be so good here. You can't double team 3 out of four dlinemen lol. QB's will drop back and not have anywhere to go due to the tackles and mario will eat qb meat all day

Post of the day... and it came 1 minute after the day started!

Systems and surroundings create opportunity. JPP had a career year, and he has his front 7 teammates to thank. Amazing that Billick forgot how having a good unit makes each individual better on D.

Mario, Dareus and Kyle are going to be a nightmare to game plan for, plain and simple. Even if there is a TE there on every play, you can only double team 2 of the 3. Someone is getting in every play. So long as our LBers can stop the outside running game, we're going to be in very good shape.

ublinkwescore
03-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Billick is a hating idiot...Like someone here said, he's just mad because we didn't want him as a coach.

I've heard him all of last season on a bunch of podcast, and every chance he got he made sure to take a shot at Buffalo...

He's a hater who got lucky in the NFL, and who's opinion shouldn't even matter.

Billick wouldn't have done anything with this team. nothing at all. he's supposed to be an offensive genius, yet the ravens were quite anemic on O - this didn't sit well with me. The Ravens won their lone superbowl because of Marvin Lewis, Tony Siragusa, Sam Adams and Ray Lewis who was in his prime at the time. **** him and Baldinger. Baldinger is clearly taking it up the @$$ from Belicheat.

psubills62
03-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Even if we're more than one player away (which we are), why is that a problem? It's a 6 year contract, so I think he'll be sticking around for a while. As I've said before, even if Gailey does poorly and gets fired, that just means the new coach will actually have some talent to work with.

YardRat
03-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Billicks problem is that he didn't think they were one player away

I don't know why anybody would have a problem with this statement, it's the truth.

TigerJ
03-16-2012, 08:40 PM
People expressing opinions have never bothered me, and these two guys don't bother me either. The assessment of whether or not someone is an elite player at their position is a somewhat subjective one. Williams is good for 10 plus sacks a year and is a good run defender too. The fact that Buffalo has excellent interior defensive linemen should only enhance his effectiveness at the end spot. I'm happy to wait a year to learn whether or not he can be elite in the Bills' defense. As for Billicks assertion, perhaps he was looking at what happened last season to the Bills. I look at the first six games and conclude they were pretty good at that point. Then the injury bug hit bigtime. I will agree the Bills were exposed as not having great depth. I'm not sure that very many teams in the league could have withstood the number of injuries to key people that Buffalo sustained last season, I would say Buffalo needs to get deeper as well as add two to four new starters (WR, OLB, and maybe left tackle and cornerback). They should be able to do some of that in the draft. A little less bad luck in the injury department, and I think Buffalo might make a serious run in the playoffs.

streetkings01
03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't know why anybody would have a problem with this statement, it's the truth.We're probably not one player away.......but pass rusher was our biggest need and we got one.......so whats the problem?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-16-2012, 09:18 PM
so the bills need an outside pass rush in the worst way...

nobody in the draft is a incredible pass rusher... value there doesnt start until rd 2...

mario williams is probably the best pass rusher in the nfl right now...
hes entering his prime

bills sign mario williams

its dumb bills got mario???? wtf?

mjt328
03-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Billick liked the Bucs deal because they got more players for what Buffalo paid for Mario.

Two douchebags....

Mario Williams cost us $16 million per year.

Carl Nicks ($9.5 million per year) and Eric Wright ($7.5 million per year) cost them $17 million. Which means they spent more on a Pro Bowl guard and a below-average cornerback than we spent on Williams.

If you throw in Vincent Jackson ($11 million), they spent $28 million on three players.

better days
03-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Mario Williams cost us $16 million per year.

Carl Nicks ($9.5 million per year) and Eric Wright ($7.5 million per year) cost them $17 million. Which means they spent more on a Pro Bowl guard and a below-average cornerback than we spent on Williams.

If you throw in Vincent Jackson ($11 million), they spent $28 million on three players.

As a fan of both the Bills & Bucs, I am happy with what both teams have done in FA. BUT I am MUCH MUCH happier with what the Bills did.

The Bucs did a good job of filling some holes, but the Bills added a GAME CHANGER.