PDA

View Full Version : Ralph is cheap! (sarcastic)

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
03-16-2012, 11:25 AM
"I feel OK. I feel better today than I did yesterday, I'll tell you," Wilson said with his characteristic big laugh.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article765665.ece

justasportsfan
03-16-2012, 11:30 AM
meh, Op's sources are more credible(sarcastic)

THATHURMANATOR
03-16-2012, 11:33 AM
OP's sources are ****.

The last buffalo fan
03-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Op is our realistic football guru.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-16-2012, 12:11 PM
It makes you wonder --
"I didn't give a darn about the money," Wilson said. "I can't take the money with me. The money had nothing to do with it. Buddy figured out how much it would take to get him. He put the price on, and we went from there."

When Wilson made Brandon, Levy, Modrak to workout as a group, who made the price call. fdrom the outside, it looked like that they had no clear clue as what to do and just let the bidding in negotiation took to where they signed guys like Dockery and Walker.

SabreEleven
03-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Great, it only took 15 years for Ralph to shed this tag and now he is the greatest owner EVER. He has to start earning the Hall of Fame induction. Does one good signing negate years of cheapiness and negelect? I'm sorry, Ralph is still cheap.

SABURZFAN
03-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Great, it only took 15 years for Ralph to shed this tag and now he is the greatest owner EVER. He has to start earning the Hall of Fame induction. Does one good signing negate years of cheapiness and negelect? I'm sorry, Ralph is still cheap.

you meant 51 years, right?

SabreEleven
03-16-2012, 04:53 PM
you meant 51 years, right?

I kind of give him a break around the Kelly years because he actually had to open his wallet to keep those guys around

YardRat
03-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Ralph made OJ the highest paid player in the league.
Ralph made Bruce the highest paid defensive player in the league.
Ralph made Williams the highest paid defensive player in the league.
Ralph ponied up for the best coach available at the time with Knox.
Ralph ponied up for the best GM available at the time with Donahoe.
Ralph gave the money to GM's to over-sign a plethora of players over the years, most recently and notably Dockery, Walker, Kelsay, Bledsoe, etc.

Ralph being cheap is a lie, plain and simple.

doug45
03-16-2012, 06:24 PM

Great post !! If we had not been cheap we would not have been rebuilding for going on 12 years. We still need a top QB and that will be what tells the story on what money they are willing to spend. You can get all the sacks you want but if you don't have the leader behind the ball you are in trouble. I have never seen a team make it big with a so-so QB and that's what we have. I really like the guy but he is an OK back-up at best.
just what I am thinking please no insults ar attacks .

YardRat
03-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Great post !! If we had not been cheap we would not have been rebuilding for going on 12 years. We still need a top QB and that will be what tells the story on what money they are willing to spend. You can get all the sacks you want but if you don't have the leader behind the ball you are in trouble. I have never seen a team make it big with a so-so QB and that's what we have. I really like the guy but he is an OK back-up at best.
just what I am thinking please no insults ar attacks .

You might want to go back and review some of the contracts that were doled out over that 12 year period.

Not an insult or an attack, just a suggestion.

doug45
03-16-2012, 10:47 PM
You might want to go back and review some of the contracts that were doled out over that 12 year period.

All I can really see over that time is bad seasons. Most draft picks were bad and cost money that could have been put to better use. I think the biggest problem may be that we as fans are some of the best fans in the NFL. We come and support them no matter how bad a product they put on the field. They need to not take the fans for granted and give them a winning team.

SABURZFAN
03-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Ralph made OJ the highest paid player in the league.
Ralph made Bruce the highest paid defensive player in the league.
Ralph made Williams the highest paid defensive player in the league.
Ralph ponied up for the best coach available at the time with Knox.
Ralph ponied up for the best GM available at the time with Donahoe.
Ralph gave the money to GM's to over-sign a plethora of players over the years, most recently and notably Dockery, Walker, Kelsay, Bledsoe, etc.

Ralph being cheap is a lie, plain and simple.

just because The Old Fart ponied up with contracts that made a couple of his players the richest in the league at their positions, it doesn't cover up the fact that he didn't spend much else afterwards.

YardRat
03-17-2012, 04:09 PM
just because The Old Fart ponied up with contracts that made a couple of his players the richest in the league at their positions, it doesn't cover up the fact that he didn't spend much else afterwards.

It's a trend over the years contradictory to what some think.

DasBills
03-17-2012, 10:41 PM
It's not that the guy is cheap, he just seems kind of clueless at times when it comes to the decision making process.

YardRat
03-18-2012, 11:33 AM
It's not that the guy is cheap, he just seems kind of clueless at times when it comes to the decision making process.

Giving the GM's the rope to perform their job, well or not so much, does not equal 'clueless'.

doug45
03-18-2012, 04:53 PM

A few years back my wife and I had the chance to talk to Ralph and his wife. He was very on top of things. But these last few years he has really failed. It is not his fault, at his age it is the way it is. I hope when and if I make it to the 90's I can do as well. That being said a younger new owner would be more aggressive and I think make the team a much better one.

DasBills
03-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Giving the GM's the rope to perform their job, well or not so much, does not equal 'clueless'.At the end of the day, the owner has the final say. In fact, Ralph is directly responsible for hiring the GM's that are not getting the job done. It all starts at the top, man. Having said that, his lack of success and inability to hire the right GM (to this point) is NOT due to the lack of spending, the guy spends his money.

DasBills
03-18-2012, 06:54 PM
A few years back my wife and I had the chance to talk to Ralph and his wife. He was very on top of things. But these last few years he has really failed. It is not his fault, at his age it is the way it is. I hope when and if I make it to the 90's I can do as well. That being said a younger new owner would be more aggressive and I think make the team a much better one.There's no doubt that age has something to do with it, and I completely recognize that fact.

SABURZFAN
03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
It's a trend over the years contradictory to what some think.

did it come with a tin cup?