X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Coples and Kirkpatrick...general thoughts from Billszone

I've noticed several posters mention they would like Coples at #10 or Kirkpatrick. No doubt they are rated high on most draftniks boards. I have some concerns with both but then again anyone can come up with pros and cons for anyone.

Let's hear your arguement for either considering the knock on Coples is that he doesn't give a full effort and lacks motivation (hot and cold) and Kirkpatrick getting busted for pot shortly before the combine showing he doesn't have his priorities straight and he has been labeled as more of a run stopper rather than a lock down cover corner. Both these guys have great size.

What are your thoughts if you like either at #10?
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: Coples and Kirkpatrick...general thoughts from Billszone

Originally posted by jpdex12
    I've noticed several posters mention they would like Coples at #10 or Kirkpatrick. No doubt they are rated high on most draftniks boards. I have some concerns with both but then again anyone can come up with pros and cons for anyone.

Let's hear your arguement for either considering the knock on Coples is that he doesn't give a full effort and lacks motivation (hot and cold) and Kirkpatrick getting busted for pot shortly before the combine showing he doesn't have his priorities straight and he has been labeled as more of a run stopper rather than a lock down cover corner. Both these guys have great size.

What are your thoughts if you like either at #10?
    When you have Merriman to motivate you and jump on your ass is you slack off, Kyle - a hard, relentless worker, Dareus and now Mario...you think Coples would even consider taking plays off? Not going to happen. I bet Kelsay is right now lifting weights just b'cse he wants to look better when he's placed next to these guys!!!

Kirkpatrick I'm on the fence on. I'd have no problem with him if we traded down and drafted him a little lower (mid-late teens?). But at #10, seems a bit high.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
      • Jan 2010

coples has major issue with being consistent...

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
        • Jul 2005

I'm gonna have a major issue with Coples being inconsistent. I'm very hesitant to draft anyone with an effort issue.
        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

They said the same things about Haloti Ngata...so instead we drafted Whitner...DON'T DRAFT A WHITNER!!!

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Both guys make plays, period. That's what counts in the long run. I'd be happy with either.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DrGraves
              • Mar 2008

The way I see it is the more pass rush the better. Look at the Giants... that should be our formula... terrorize the other teams QB. Take the best guy available whether its a DE or an OLB

Comment

• jpdex12
                • Jan 2005

Intersting comments. Dig deeper into your psyche...are the track records from their college tenure good enough not to worry about effort issues or showing NFL teams you don't care about a combine or draft because of your pot smoking habit?

Just trying to get some legit deep conversation about these two guys who could be sitting there at #10.
                Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
                  Intersting comments. Dig deeper into your psyche...are the track records from their college tenure good enough not to worry about effort issues or showing NFL teams you don't care about a combine or draft because of your pot smoking habit?

Just trying to get some legit deep conversation about these two guys who could be sitting there at #10.
                  Just in general, production in college means they can produce at a college level, where superior athletic skill is often enough. So I do have a problem with motor and dedication issues.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
                    Just in general, production in college means they can produce at a college level, where superior athletic skill is often enough. So I do have a problem with motor and dedication issues.
                    isnt that why people here didn't want JPP?
                    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                    Vanek is Austrian not European
                    Originally posted by Prov401
                    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                    Originally posted by better days
                    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      They said the same things about Haloti Ngata...so instead we drafted Whitner...DON'T DRAFT A WHITNER!!!

Maybin was a hard worker
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        Maybin was a hard worker
                        I believe Tim Andersen had a high motor also...

Guys...Coples is almost as big as Mario and he's just getting out of college!!! The guy is a physical specimen. He will be surrounded by good hard working people (Merrimen, Kyle, Mario Dareus) - it will rub off on him. It's why Haloti did so well when he went to Baltimore - was surrounded by an already good defense...makes you want to perform just as good if not better.

You will love it when Brady is on the ground crying to the refs b'cse he can't do anything!!!

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                          isnt that why people here didn't want JPP?
                          I thought the knock on him was that he was a one-year wonder
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Keep in mind that this may be the last year we draft this low (we hope) and physical specimens like this will never last into the latter parts of the 1st rd.

We're probably stuck w/Kelsay for the next 2 yrs regardless, but he can help fill in to keep DEs fresh.

W/Coples, our Dline would be a menace for years. Brady's retirement would likely come sooner!!!

Comment

• Don't Panic
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              When you have Merriman to motivate you and jump on your ass is you slack off, Kyle - a hard, relentless worker, Dareus and now Mario...you think Coples would even consider taking plays off? Not going to happen.
                              This.

Yet another fringe benefit of bring Mario to Blo. Too many studs not to perform up to standard anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X