X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Wannstedt Insiightful Interview About His D

Didn't know he never been to Buffalo before he took the job (I guess exclude those visits as a coach).

One thing about his D which he candidly said to be the same in Dallas, in Chicago, and in Miami is he needs top D line for it to work. Being in Pittsburgh, I know for a fact that Pitt's scholarship are always available to D linemen and he consistently having a solid D-line through his time there (and RB as a compliment). For all we know, this Bills team has a Wanny flavor to it (superior D-Line and RB).

Another interesting point that he may have slipped out was when he said the other 2 Dlinemen and then he corrected to hopefully the other 3 D-linemen will step up when Mario is double teamed. I guess Kelsay who should be widely regarded as the 4th best linemen we have, is not so much in Wannstedt's view. It will be interesting to see who he puts out there along woth the 3 D-linemen who we know are going to be there.
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
    • Jan 2010

Re: Wannstedt Insiightful Interview About His D

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...16_091545_9796

Didn't know he never been to Buffalo before he took the job (I guess exclude those visits as a coach).

One thing about his D which he candidly said to be the same in Dallas, in Chicago, and in Miami is he needs top D line for it to work. Being in Pittsburgh, I know for a fact that Pitt's scholarship are always available to D linemen and he consistently having a solid D-line through his time there (and RB as a compliment). For all we know, this Bills team has a Wanny flavor to it (superior D-Line and RB).

Another interesting point that he may have slipped out was when he said the other 2 Dlinemen and then he corrected to hopefully the other 3 D-linemen will step up when Mario is double teamed. I guess Kelsay who should be widely regarded as the 4th best linemen we have, is not so much in Wannstedt's view. It will be interesting to see who he puts out there along woth the 3 D-linemen who we know are going to be there.

i think we all know they are going to draft curry or jones rd 2... we need another edge rusher...

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Re: Wannstedt Insiightful Interview About His D

In a 4-3 Kelsay always played LDE, the position Mario Williams was signed to play. I'm not certain that Kelsay can be effective going up against a good left tackle. Perhaps a healthy Shawn Merriman can be, but we don't know for sure about his health or his effectiveness if he is healthy.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
      X