PDA

View Full Version : Will Shawne Merriman have a healthy and productive season?

jamze132
03-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Considering Williams has now signed, do you think there might be a rejuvenation of sorts with Merriman? If he's healthy, it goes a long way towards making our defense much better.

How does Merriman fit in with a 4-3? Discuss.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-17-2012, 03:15 AM
Well, again...

he was jogging and running in january. he said a couple days ago he hasnt felt this great in a long time... said he has his leg back finally...

im sure he will be healthy for training camp

i think we will use him for about 15-20 snaps a game when there is obvious passing situations. i also think he will get lots of off days in camp

its safe to assume we cant count on him so im sure we will draft another edge rusher, probably rd 2, e.g. curry or jones.

this is his contract year and probably merrimans last chance to get a nice paycheck, so that is major incentive.

i predict he will have a really nice impact as a situational rusher. 6-8 sacks

Buddo
03-17-2012, 03:44 AM
It's all about how fit/healthy he is.
One thing I've been impressed with Merriman about, is his desire to play the game.
Providing his body holds up, he will be good still.
IF his body holds up, we have a front four for all time.
I'm not banking on anything though. He might even get cut Monday, although I personally would take the chance on him getting fit still. There's too much possible upside to having a healthy Merriman in the D.
I'm sure we will be adding more pass rushers in the draft.
I don't want to predict anything tbh, as it's all about his fitness.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-17-2012, 04:21 AM
hes worth the risk...

YardRat
03-17-2012, 05:28 AM
Time will tell, but last season was disappointing and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we saw a repeat. Dude is too young to be that broken down.

djjimkelly
03-17-2012, 05:29 AM
it took takeo 2-3 years to become productive again i dont see why it shouldnt be the same for merrimen

im definitely pulling for him!

methos4ever
03-17-2012, 05:32 AM
I think he'll share the RE role with Kelsay and on passing downs be that guy. Remember with Coach Wannstedt he treats the DLine like Jimmy Johnson did - almost like hockey lines with how many good players he wants. So if the first "line" is Williams-Williams-Dareus-Kelsay, and the second (without mixing) would be Draft Pick/Carrington-Sp. Johnson-Dwan Edwards/Troup-Merriman. That isn't bad.

jimbohastle51
03-17-2012, 05:59 PM
He will definitely make the roster. i have stated this before a couple times but it is a fact that the Bills do not pay players to not play or play for other teams with no compensation (draft picks coming back) and merriman's salary is fully guaranteed which makes me firmly believe in the nickle defense and 3rd downs as well as 2nd and long situations you will see him on the opposite side of williams rushing the passer and maybe at times standing up on the same side of williams rushing the passer. I believe he will have a productive season but mostly for the simple fact that he will be strictly a full time pass rusher and part time defensive player. 15-20 snaps a game is about right as far as what i envision. I could easily see 6-8 sacks out of him next season.

EDS
03-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Well, again...

he was jogging and running in january. he said a couple days ago he hasnt felt this great in a long time... said he has his leg back finally...

im sure he will be healthy for training camp

i think we will use him for about 15-20 snaps a game when there is obvious passing situations. i also think he will get lots of off days in camp

its safe to assume we cant count on him so im sure we will draft another edge rusher, probably rd 2, e.g. curry or jones.

this is his contract year and probably merrimans last chance to get a nice paycheck, so that is major incentive.

i predict he will have a really nice impact as a situational rusher. 6-8 sacks

These are the exact same things said about Merriman last year.

Turf
03-17-2012, 06:15 PM
No.

Crisis
03-17-2012, 06:52 PM
we'll have a productive 4 weeks before he's on IR

Cali512
03-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Merriman got the major injury young, which means hopefully its finally back to health

Mr Bills
03-17-2012, 07:12 PM
No reason to believe this year will be different from the last 4.

Beebe
03-17-2012, 07:46 PM
THE LINE: I THINK IT LOOKS GOOD ON PAPER AT LEAST.

mrbojanglezs
03-17-2012, 07:50 PM
we finally got the surgery done that he needed. Not sure why he never did that.... he said he is feeling the best he has in 3 years

DynaPaul
03-17-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm pulling for Merriman but honestly I'm not expecting anything.

Billz_fan
03-17-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm pulling for Merriman but honestly I'm not expecting anything.

Ditto , my thoughts exactly. Wish he could but I don't think he can.

Bert102176
03-18-2012, 12:07 AM
he'll get hurt in week 1 or pre-season

BertSquirtgum
03-18-2012, 01:45 AM
I believe he will.