• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Cheaters owner Kraft questions wisdom of Mario deal

“The point is when someone goes out and pays him $15 million, if you paid him that, your team doesn't get better when you do that. I would say your team maybe gets worse because you have less money available for other players. And only your personnel people understand the chemistry of how that works. And sometimes our fans get upset. We're faced with a couple decisions like that, too. And both you and I want to see our teams win. That's how we manage the resources available to us that allows us to do that.”

oh you got lucky on one sixth round pick now youre king **** of managing team resources?!?

reminder: your team sucked as bad as anybody most of the time you have owned them. if you didnt have one guy fall in your lap at the exact moment the nfl decided to make this essentially a one position league your pristine management skills would have had you in the basement this whole time

and what have you won since you were forced to stop cheating? nuthin
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Cheaters owner Kraft questions wisdom of Mario deal

btw battlin bill likes the move:

"I would say it's a very smart move to make," Polian said on ESPN. "That franchise needs to be energized, the fan base needs to be energized. They have a great young defensive tackle in (Marcell) Dareus. Add a star like this in Mario Williams, not dissimilar to Bruce Smith. He's not Bruce Smith yet, but he has the potential. So it's a good move. And in free agency you always overpay."
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Doesn't like seeing another pass rusher in the division. Pretty sure he didn't whine at all when Chicago signed Peppers to a similar deal.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• John Doe
        Florida Man
        • Jul 2002

How much is Brady being paid?

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

He was sitting with Houston owner Bob McNair, when saying that. Explains a lot but those guys probably don't like Buffalo regardless.

Sounds like sour grapes.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• clumping platelets

Nope....I do not see any sense adding arguably the best pass rusher that has hit the market since Reggie White (no disrespect to Peppers) and aggressively pursue and sign him to a team that so desperately needs pass rush to compete in the AFC East with a HOF QB

Nope....none!
            Last edited by Guest; 03-17-2012, 05:51 AM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

F Robert Kraft. Go swim in your money bank, Scrooge Mc****

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Based on these comments,I would say Kraft is probably pretty worried about his boy-toy QB who, incidentally, is getting brittler by the moment.

He's probably also pissed that Buffalo showed the rest of the league how to beat the Patriots, and it ended up biting him in the butt in the SB.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Dec 2005

Going to be fun to watch them fail when Brady retires. The fact that they haven't won a Super Bowl in 7 years shows they've failed miserably to turn over only one side of the ball while having one of the elite QBs. If they managed their team properly during that time they'd have at least 5 SB wins, if not more.

Comment

• gameboy
                    • Jul 2002

Philosophically, he's probably right, but every situation is different.

From the Bills perspective, franchise credibility, fan energy and spending, and a very specific need in a specific division competition trump a bit of basic philosophy.

Sometimes you need a catalyst to cause a reaction, and sometimes you should pay for it rather than rest on standard strategy and watch the continued lethargy.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

I've got an idea for Robert kraft, how about STFU and wait and see how this plays out in the field of battle.
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                        I've got an idea for Robert kraft, how about STFU and wait and see how this plays out in the field of battle.
                        And I can't wait for that. I hope the 1st game is in Buffalo & Brady gets no sleep the night before, tossing & turning on a lumpy old mattress in a crappy hotel WORRING about what Mario is going to do to him the next day.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

I could give two ****s what Robert Mac-and-Cheese-dinner thinks.

Comment

• Buddo
                            • Mar 2007

As a general rule, he's probably right. The fact of the matter is, that the Bills can afford to do it, and it fills a monumental need in the roster.

Many other situations, simply aren't similar, when talking about highly priced FAs.

It also should be noted, that as Mario was a former overall #1 draft pick, who has already been paid extremely well once who has performed, there is no concerns about his work ethics etc.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Meathead
                              “The point is when someone goes out and pays him $15 million, if you paid him that, your team doesn't get better when you do that. I would say your team maybe gets worse because you have less money available for other players. And only your personnel people understand the chemistry of how that works. And sometimes our fans get upset. We're faced with a couple decisions like that, too. And both you and I want to see our teams win. That's how we manage the resources available to us that allows us to do that.”

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboa...ario-deal.html
                              Kraft sounds like a cheap rat bastard that is feeling the pressure to spend some money for a change.

Comment

Working...
                              X