PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters owner Kraft questions wisdom of Mario deal

Meathead
03-17-2012, 05:30 AM
“The point is when someone goes out and pays him $15 million, if you paid him that, your team doesn't get better when you do that. I would say your team maybe gets worse because you have less money available for other players. And only your personnel people understand the chemistry of how that works. And sometimes our fans get upset. We're faced with a couple decisions like that, too. And both you and I want to see our teams win. That's how we manage the resources available to us that allows us to do that.”

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2012/03/kraft-questions-wisdom-of-mario-deal.html

oh you got lucky on one sixth round pick now youre king **** of managing team resources?!?

reminder: your team sucked as bad as anybody most of the time you have owned them. if you didnt have one guy fall in your lap at the exact moment the nfl decided to make this essentially a one position league your pristine management skills would have had you in the basement this whole time

and what have you won since you were forced to stop cheating? nuthin

Meathead
03-17-2012, 05:32 AM
btw battlin bill likes the move:

"I would say it's a very smart move to make," Polian said on ESPN. "That franchise needs to be energized, the fan base needs to be energized. They have a great young defensive tackle in (Marcell) Dareus. Add a star like this in Mario Williams, not dissimilar to Bruce Smith. He's not Bruce Smith yet, but he has the potential. So it's a good move. And in free agency you always overpay."

YardRat
03-17-2012, 05:34 AM
Doesn't like seeing another pass rusher in the division. Pretty sure he didn't whine at all when Chicago signed Peppers to a similar deal.

John Doe
03-17-2012, 05:38 AM
How much is Brady being paid?

Night Train
03-17-2012, 05:46 AM
He was sitting with Houston owner Bob McNair, when saying that. Explains a lot but those guys probably don't like Buffalo regardless.

Sounds like sour grapes.

clumping platelets
03-17-2012, 05:49 AM
Nope....I do not see any sense adding arguably the best pass rusher that has hit the market since Reggie White (no disrespect to Peppers) and aggressively pursue and sign him to a team that so desperately needs pass rush to compete in the AFC East with a HOF QB

Nope....none!

Forward_Lateral
03-17-2012, 05:57 AM
F Robert Kraft. Go swim in your money bank, Scrooge Mc****

Historian
03-17-2012, 06:03 AM
Based on these comments,I would say Kraft is probably pretty worried about his boy-toy QB who, incidentally, is getting brittler by the moment.

He's probably also pissed that Buffalo showed the rest of the league how to beat the Patriots, and it ended up biting him in the butt in the SB.

Don't Panic
03-17-2012, 06:37 AM
Going to be fun to watch them fail when Brady retires. The fact that they haven't won a Super Bowl in 7 years shows they've failed miserably to turn over only one side of the ball while having one of the elite QBs. If they managed their team properly during that time they'd have at least 5 SB wins, if not more.

Captain gameboy
03-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Philosophically, he's probably right, but every situation is different.

From the Bills perspective, franchise credibility, fan energy and spending, and a very specific need in a specific division competition trump a bit of basic philosophy.

Sometimes you need a catalyst to cause a reaction, and sometimes you should pay for it rather than rest on standard strategy and watch the continued lethargy.

ublinkwescore
03-17-2012, 07:25 AM
I've got an idea for Robert kraft, how about STFU and wait and see how this plays out in the field of battle.

better days
03-17-2012, 07:46 AM
I've got an idea for Robert kraft, how about STFU and wait and see how this plays out in the field of battle.

And I can't wait for that. I hope the 1st game is in Buffalo & Brady gets no sleep the night before, tossing & turning on a lumpy old mattress in a crappy hotel WORRING about what Mario is going to do to him the next day.

X-Era
03-17-2012, 07:48 AM
I could give two ****s what Robert Mac-and-Cheese-dinner thinks.

Buddo
03-17-2012, 07:59 AM
As a general rule, he's probably right. The fact of the matter is, that the Bills can afford to do it, and it fills a monumental need in the roster.

Many other situations, simply aren't similar, when talking about highly priced FAs.

It also should be noted, that as Mario was a former overall #1 draft pick, who has already been paid extremely well once who has performed, there is no concerns about his work ethics etc.

better days
03-17-2012, 08:19 AM
“The point is when someone goes out and pays him $15 million, if you paid him that, your team doesn't get better when you do that. I would say your team maybe gets worse because you have less money available for other players. And only your personnel people understand the chemistry of how that works. And sometimes our fans get upset. We're faced with a couple decisions like that, too. And both you and I want to see our teams win. That's how we manage the resources available to us that allows us to do that.”

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2012/03/kraft-questions-wisdom-of-mario-deal.html

Kraft sounds like a cheap rat bastard that is feeling the pressure to spend some money for a change.

better days
03-17-2012, 11:25 AM
I just heard a podcast of a John Clayton radio show from 2/29. They were discussing the possibility of the Seahawks getting Mario. Other teams named as competition for Williams included Atlanta, Denver two or three others, but Buffalo was not mentioned.

The point of this post is Clayton said Mario would want to be the highest paid defensive player & would want $15 Mill per year. So Buffalo paid exactly what Clayton thought it would take to sign him, Buffalo did not overpay.

Tatonka
03-17-2012, 11:32 AM
doesnt ****ing tom brady make the same money??

Skooby
03-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Bills should talk to Brady on the field, they can let him know if it was $ well spent.

Beebe
03-17-2012, 11:52 AM
doesnt ****ing tom brady make the same money??

Yes he has 48.5 gr.money he's just trying to protect he's boy toy,were even he's lady was saying to pray for TOMMY.

THE NEW BILL.

psubills62
03-17-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm surprised no one has commented on how close Kraft's arguments mirror OpIv's.

I know what he's saying in general, but it's blatantly untrue that our "team doesn't get better when you do that." Fact is, we could have gotten three guys for 5 million per year...but that's what we've been doing for years. We've been paying those guys decent contracts while upgrading slightly. What Buffalo needed was that top talent who earns 15 million per year.

wozrob11
03-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Mario is worth every penny!!!! kraft stop worrying about what the Bills do and worry about finding WR s that can catch the football in the clutch !!! Bazinga

ServoBillieves
03-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Philosophically, he's probably right, but every situation is different.

From the Bills perspective, franchise credibility, fan energy and spending, and a very specific need in a specific division competition trump a bit of basic philosophy.

Sometimes you need a catalyst to cause a reaction, and sometimes you should pay for it rather than rest on standard strategy and watch the continued lethargy.

... Harumph!

Buddo
03-17-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm surprised no one has commented on how close Kraft's arguments mirror OpIv's.

I know what he's saying in general, but it's blatantly untrue that our "team doesn't get better when you do that." Fact is, we could have gotten three guys for 5 million per year...but that's what we've been doing for years. We've been paying those guys decent contracts while upgrading slightly. What Buffalo needed was that top talent who earns 15 million per year.

And if the need and fit hadn't been right, we would have continued to do so.
I have to say that Kraft's comments don't take any real consideration of the situation into account.
If you wanted a sensible opinion on it, then whatever the hoodie is saying in private is likely to make more sense.
Kraft is an Owner, and likely a fan, but he's no football genius. He does have the good sense to try and employ those. I doubt he's listened to them on itbefore opening his toad-like gob.

Mr. Miyagi
03-17-2012, 01:34 PM
We'll see how much worse your team gets after Mario takes Tommygirl's head off.

BertSquirtgum
03-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Robert Kraft can suck my ass.

Beebe
03-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Get ready for this KRAFT.:biggrin:

mightysimi
03-17-2012, 05:51 PM
He talks about managing resources but if they hit on even half of the 1st and 2nd round picks that they have had in the last few years, they would be far more dominant.

LarryBoy
03-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Kraft-STFU! Nuf Said.

djjimkelly
03-17-2012, 08:03 PM
yes and what he paid moss was the right move

what they gonna pay welker is right for him but no one else

or their o linemen

**** mr kraft hes just worried their run is over and they wont be getting 2 free wins vs buffalo on a yearly basis

DynaPaul
03-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Bilbo Kraft is still reeling from when they wrongfully traded Richard Seymour and killed their pass rush.

Ickybaluky
03-17-2012, 09:24 PM
reminder: your team sucked as bad as anybody most of the time you have owned them.

He bought the team in 1994. He has owned the team 18 years. They only had 2 losing seasons in that time. They made the playoffs 13 times. They played in 6 Super Bowls, winning 3. His ownership, thus far, has probably been as successful as any in NFL history.

YardRat
03-17-2012, 09:34 PM
He bought the team in 1994. He has owned the team 18 years. They only had 2 losing seasons in that time. They made the playoffs 13 times. They played in 6 Super Bowls, winning 3. His ownership, thus far, has probably been as successful as any in NFL history.

He's a piece of **** that not only pisses on the integrity of the game but contributed to almost ruining the league completely with the previous CBA. His ownership should have been yanked after SpyGate.

better days
03-17-2012, 10:58 PM

I see you forgot to say the 3 winning Super Bowls were won while the Pats* were CHEATING.

BertSquirtgum
03-18-2012, 12:38 AM

Nothing worse than a cheater who won't admit he cheated.

jcdavey
03-18-2012, 04:00 AM
kraft's thinking is actually backed up by history

signing adalius thomas , didn't really help the pats

big free agency signings usually do not pan out because of huge payday combined with lack of team chemistry (aso in philly, haynesworth in washington)

i hope mario pans out for you guys though because he seems like a good guy, and because it's rare that the top free agent signing becomes a success story in the nfl

jcdavey
03-18-2012, 04:04 AM
yes and what he paid moss was the right move

what they gonna pay welker is right for him but no one else

or their o linemen

**** mr kraft hes just worried their run is over and they wont be getting 2 free wins vs buffalo on a yearly basis
they traded for welker and moss

those guys weren't NE free agency signings

the way to win in the salary cap era has been through smart trades and meat and potato free agents, not high priced ones

this is basic knowledge

there's always a brees that wins a superbowl 4 years after being a free agent signing, but even with him, he was injured and only had miami sd and new orleans bidding for him, for a relatively small meat and potato free agent price......

jcdavey
03-18-2012, 04:09 AM
i mean, i like your mario signing because you had to do something to shake things up with your franchise.

i'm just saying history doesn't bode well for you guys, but it would be cool to see you win a superbowl if my team can't

bills are always helping sd by upsetting denver lol

NOT THE DUDE...
03-18-2012, 06:15 AM
I dont understand this logic... so lets say the pats drafted mario, would they resign him?

why would you not want the best pass rusher in the league? especially when pass rusher is the 2nd most impact position besides qb?

this is literally like saying its dumb to sign tom brady if he was a free agent? huh?

not to mention the bills are 3-4 really good players away...

better days
03-18-2012, 08:01 AM
kraft's thinking is actually backed up by history

signing adalius thomas , didn't really help the pats

big free agency signings usually do not pan out because of huge payday combined with lack of team chemistry (aso in philly, haynesworth in washington)

i hope mario pans out for you guys though because he seems like a good guy, and because it's rare that the top free agent signing becomes a success story in the nfl

Signing Albert Haynesworth didn't really help the Pats* either. SO WHAT, neither of those two are Mario Williams.

Ginger Vitis
03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
His ownership, thus far, has probably been as successful as any in NFL history.

Not as successfull as the Rooneys or Eddie Debartolo

better days
03-18-2012, 08:08 AM
they traded for welker and moss

those guys weren't NE free agency signings

the way to win in the salary cap era has been through smart trades and meat and potato free agents, not high priced ones

this is basic knowledge

there's always a brees that wins a superbowl 4 years after being a free agent signing, but even with him, he was injured and only had miami sd and new orleans bidding for him, for a relatively small meat and potato free agent price......

Welker was a restricted FA that the Pats* wanted to sign but they had to give Miami a 2nd rnd pick for him. The Pats* gave an extra 7th rnd pick to Miami in the trade, because they wanted to avoid the Fins matching their offer to him which Miami could have done.

The Pats* picked up Moss for next to nothing because he played so poorly in Oakland.

Mike
03-18-2012, 08:32 AM

3 Things:
1) Mario will make a difference, up and down our defense
2) If Mr.Kraft had a choice he would prefer that Mario is not on the Bills & that they continue sucking
3) This is the exact argument many posters made on these boards about signing big name FA before Mario was signed. Some made some passionate argument vs FA & how it doesn't work & I don't know why you are changing your tune.

better days
03-18-2012, 08:40 AM
3 Things:
1) Mario will make a difference, up and down our defense
2) If Mr.Kraft had a choice he would prefer that Mario is not on the Bills & that they continue sucking
3) This is the exact argument many posters made on these boards about signing big name FA before Mario was signed. Some made some passionate argument vs FA & how it doesn't work & I don't know why you are changing your tune.

Well, it is STUPID to pay BIG money to a player that is not worth that money like the Bills paid Dockery & Walker. Neither of those two was worth anywhere close to what the Bills paid.

Mario on the other hand is the best defensive FA since Reggie White & is worth every penny the Bills paid to get him to Buffalo.

John Clayton said back in February that it would take $15Mill per year to sign Mario & that Mario would be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL, so the Bills did not overpay for him.

YardRat
03-18-2012, 08:42 AM
I will admit that this signing goes against my basic philosophy and will go into greater detail when the free agency period is over and after all of the moves are made and things have settled, but then again I haven't bee running around screaming 'Championship!' either.

Regardless of where one stands on the fence on how to approach free agency, Kraft is a douchebag for the comments he's made because he's made similar moves in the past and/or hasn't spoken out when other teams not in our division have made a similar move over the years.

It reminds me of the Pat Bowlen/Bruce Smith debacle of hypocrisy several years ago.

justasportsfan
03-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Kraft is pissed because he's gonna have to dig in deeper to pay the refs more money because Mario is on his way to taking off the head of the only player to make them who they are.

better days
03-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Kraft is pissed because he's gonna have to dig in deeper to pay the refs more money because Mario is on his way to taking off the head of the only player to make them who they are.

And age is starting to catch up with Brady. In the 4th qtr of the Super Bowl, Eli was the best QB on the field, not Tom.

justasportsfan
03-18-2012, 08:53 AM
I smell fear. The bills has been able to score 21 pts.on the PAts' defense fast. Now we bring in someone who can help us protect that lead and possible break Marsha.

jcdavey
03-18-2012, 08:11 PM
just remember

and this is true because you yourselves have posted it time and time again

free agency winners are often the losers in the end

now hopefully that doesn't happen with you guys and mario

but you do know this to be true

Meathead
03-18-2012, 10:01 PM
definitely

we already know that most of the time these big money fas never live up to the amount they get. its far more likely a big ticket fa will be a bust that gets shipped out in a couple seasons rather than a star that stays for many years. and theres always the injury risk, tho that goes for everybody, but if it happens to your fitty mil guarantee guy youre screwed

so its a risk. it feels like its just about ideal circumstances to take that risk right now, but its still a big risk. should be fun the next couple of seasons trying to figure out which way it has gone for us

Oldbillsfan
03-18-2012, 10:05 PM
The Bills need a top rated pass rush to beat the Pats. The Giants proved it. It was a good signing. They let Seymour go and now their pass rush is average.

better days
03-18-2012, 10:13 PM
definitely

we already know that most of the time these big money fas never live up to the amount they get. its far more likely a big ticket fa will be a bust that gets shipped out in a couple seasons rather than a star that stays for many years. and theres always the injury risk, tho that goes for everybody, but if it happens to your fitty mil guarantee guy youre screwed

so its a risk. it feels like its just about ideal circumstances to take that risk right now, but its still a big risk. should be fun the next couple of seasons trying to figure out which way it has gone for us

It is RARE a player as good as Mario is hits the FA market at such a young age. The Bills getting Mario was due to the perfect storm of the Texans switching to the 3-4 last year, Mario getting injured & the Texan defense playing well without him.