PDA

View Full Version : Grantland Article Pre-Mario Signing

methos4ever
03-18-2012, 09:38 AM
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/18601/free-agent-hype-chronicles-mario-williams

If the Bills did half the analysis these guys did (and we now know they did) you can see why they hunted him the way they did!

better days
03-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Nice read. The article mentioned a team would do well to sign Mario to a 5 year contract which is just what the Bills did & it is a contract structured to last the full 5 years without having to cut him because of the cap.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
03-18-2012, 10:28 AM
thats a great article and is proof why the Bills went bananas for him....

YardRat
03-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Nice read. The article mentioned a team would do well to sign Mario to a 5 year contract which is just what the Bills did & it is a contract structured to last the full 5 years without having to cut him because of the cap.

I think it was 6.

BillsWin
03-18-2012, 12:32 PM
What a great article and if he turns out to be even close to "the greatest defe set to hit free agency" the Bills are going to be a much better team.

Beebe
03-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Mario Williams is the sort of player that can make a bad defense good, a good defense great, and a great defense legendary. His combination of proven performance, elite athleticism, and room to grow with age makes him the most valuable defensive player to ever hit unrestricted free agency.

NICE,VERY NICE.

WERE YOU GOING TOM,ALL UP IN YOUR A$$ TOM.

Skooby
03-18-2012, 12:46 PM
The QB's that oppose the Bills all felt the fork go in this week.

YardRat
03-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Just remember, guys...the author clearly states the article is written from the agent's point of view, so obviously it's all going to be positive.

Extremebillsfan247
03-18-2012, 06:52 PM
What strikes me as funny about this whole Mario Williams thing is that no one including many Bills fans thought we had a snowballs chance in hell in getting this guy to play for the Bills. Then, once he signed, a good portion of the very same people were shocked by the amount of the contract, saying we overpaid. After reading that article, my question would be, who wouldn't over pay for a player of that caliber? I would think you'd be crazy not to. He's as good as they get. Go Bills.

Goobylal
03-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Just remember, guys...the author clearly states the article is written from the agent's point of view, so obviously it's all going to be positive.
I saw that as well. However the stats are there to back it up, and it's worth noting that he amassed them while being doubled, because there hadn't been anyone to take the pressure off of him. I found it interesting that former Bills' DL coach Bill Kollar, who is now the Texans' DL coach, said to him "if we had a Kyle Williams..." That speaks volumes. Then add-in Dareus. I only with they had a stud RDE, because that would make the DL incredible.

better days
03-19-2012, 12:10 AM
I think it was 6.

NO, he said 5 years. "Your team can lock up Mario Williams on a five year deal and actually see him play out the entire contract before he can be expected to suffer any sort of serious decline".