Buffalo Bills could move to Los Angeles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebe
    • Aug 2011

Los Angeles has an NBA team (Clippers) that started in Buffalo, now they could be adding an NFL team as well. Tim Leiweke is scouting America for the right NFL franchise to purchase and move to the city of Dodgers and Lakers. Pro Football Weekly reports the Buffalo Bills could be the perfect choice to head west. Owner Ralph Wilson says the team will go to the highest bidder after he does. At age 92, he wants the franchise to stay in Buffalo, but when he’s moved on, its money that will decide the teams next home.

Me personally I live in LOS ANGELES and I would like the BILLS to stay in BUFFALO. I like the small town college football atmosphere and coming here would change that. I've never been to Buffalo but I would like to someday, living in Los Angeles everyone tells me why do I like the Bills? I've liked the Bills since 1989, I grew up being a big Jim Kelly Fan and Don Beebe was my favorite player. Till this day some family members call me beebe. My dream would be to see the Bills win a Superbowl and take the Lombardi trophy to Buffalo.Which they deserve because they went through 4 superbowl losses and so did I. Taking the Bills from Buffalo wouldn't make the victory as sweet.
    My Tattoo:
    Attached Files
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Buffalo Bills could move to Los Angeles?

An ongoing fantasy because of the better choices available to move.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

all of this doesnt matter because goddell and the new york state will not allow it to happen...

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

not this crap again. i expect it on other teams message boards but not here. the bills aren't moving anywhere.
        Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 03-18-2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Move along...nothing to see here...not happening.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
            Will not tolerate vandalism.
            • Apr 2006

Would've helped if this was an article saying there was some development. While I think Buffalo's an ideal candidate for such a move, I think the Williams signing has shown the team is at least trying to stay alive in Buffalo. (Even if I think it'll all end up moot after Williams suffers his typical season-ending injury midyear.)

Lieweke and Ed Roski have been well-known in their efforts to lure teams to their respective proposed stadiums. They sent proposals to Mark Davis, Al's son, in an effort to bring back the Raiders. Despite Davis recognizing that the Oakland Coliseum is inadequate for the NFL, he rejected both of their offers. That would indicate to me that they'd have to change their terms and conditions to lure a team. We'll see if they're still contenders when Ralph dies and/or the lease isn't renewed.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Beebe
              Los Angeles has an NBA team (Clippers) that started in Buffalo, now they could be adding an NFL team as well. Tim Leiweke is scouting America for the right NFL franchise to purchase and move to the city of Dodgers and Lakers. Pro Football Weekly reports the Buffalo Bills could be the perfect choice to head west. Owner Ralph Wilson says the team will go to the highest bidder after he does. At age 92, he wants the franchise to stay in Buffalo, but when he’s moved on, its money that will decide the teams next home.

Me personally I live in LOS ANGELES and I would like the BILLS to stay in BUFFALO. I like the small town college football atmosphere and coming here would change that. I've never been to Buffalo but I would like to someday, living in Los Angeles everyone tells me why do I like the Bills? I've liked the Bills since 1989, I grew up being a big Jim Kelly Fan and Don Beebe was my favorite player. Till this day some family members call me beebe. My dream would be to see the Bills win a Superbowl and take the Lombardi trophy to Buffalo.Which they deserve because they went through 4 superbowl losses and so did I. Taking the Bills from Buffalo wouldn't make the victory as sweet.
              My Tattoo:
              It will be at least 2016 before they are even ready for an NFL team. They would not have any suitable facility even built until then. The LA NFL dream is still just that, a dream. Even if the Bills wanted to move to LA, it probably wouldn't get approved by the league because of its potential to upset the competitive balance in the AFC. It would force the NFL to restructure everything from schedules, to who sits in what division. LA is 10 times more likely to be granted an expansion team than they would of being granted permission to move the Bills to LA. It's just not going to happen. JMO
              Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 03-18-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• DasBills
                • Sep 2011

I just can't see the Bills actually moving. They might be more important to their community, than any professional team in America.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Owner Ralph Wilson says the team will go to the highest bidder after he does.
                  First, I'm assuming you mean "dies" and not "does."

Second, do you have a link to where he actually said this?
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
                    all of this doesnt matter because goddell and the new york state will not allow it to happen...
                    There is nothing new in this thread and this issue is being drummed up for no apparent reason, but this is epic bull****.

First, NYS cannot prevent the Bills from leaving Buffalo. They can do things to entice any post-Ralph owner to stay, but they can't force them to stay. The NFL is a private organization and it can do what it wants with their franchises. Jim Kelly, Governor Cuomo, Chuch Schumer, Erie Co politicians- they can say whatever feel-good nonsense they want, but at the end of the day, none of them have the pull to make the Bills stay.

Second, Goodell is after the bottom dollar. He spends all his time enforcing personal conduct policies, but wants to have the legacy that Tagliabue does. I know he has roots in WNY, but he will NOT do anything to block a sale of the Bills if he thinks the NFL will be more popular if the team is in another city.

A move of the Bills is not imminent, and an extension of the stadium lease is in the works, which would make it that much more difficult for a new owner to move the team. But make no mistake about it: there is no politician in the state or the country with the power to keep the team from moving, and there is no one in the NFL league offices committed to a team in Buffalo. It sucks but it's the reality.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gameboy
                      • Jul 2002

Unless he includes a statement that makes selling it to the "highest bidder" part of his estate/trust, and that would be completely insane, Ralph, by result of his death, won't be the one to make that call.
                      I'm sure he will be the force behind whatever decision is made, but I can't believe that anyone would include such a claim in a trust, as you would lose control over the entire process.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Why do people continue to bring this crap up?

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          It's the 500 lb gorilla in the room. Until we have an owner who's committed to Buffalo and not about to die, and/or a stadium lease that would be insanely expensive to break, a move is a possibility.

I don't know why people bring it up when there isn't any news or new developments on the Bills either moving or staying, but we can't always pretend that it's not a possibility.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DasBills
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                            I guess because it's always a possibility.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                              • Aug 2002

This thread is a waste of bandwidth and spam

Comment

Working...
                              X