PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Miami in negotiating with Alex Smith

Skooby
03-18-2012, 08:00 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/18/alex-smith-dolphins-are-negotiating/

THATHURMANATOR
03-18-2012, 08:04 PM
I don't get this AT ALL!!

Matt Moore is probably better.

DasBills
03-18-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't get this AT ALL!!

Matt Moore is probably better.Moore may not be "better", but Smith is not an $8 million a year (rumored to be the asking price) QB, by a long shot.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-18-2012, 08:21 PM
yeah, this is kind of dangerous for miami... smith benefited greatley under harbaugh, a conservative passing attack, great run game...

ThunderGun
03-18-2012, 09:46 PM
So they lowballed Flynn, and he ends up signing with Seattle for $6 mil per year...and now they're reportedly offering Alex Smith $8 mil per year??????

Wow, Miami is an even bigger trainwreck than us. Lol.

Mike13
03-18-2012, 09:58 PM
So they lowballed Flynn, and he ends up signing with Seattle for $6 mil per year...and now they're reportedly offering Alex Smith $8 mil per year??????

Wow, Miami is an even bigger trainwreck than us. Lol.

There truly is a disturbing lack of logic in this organization.

THATHURMANATOR
03-18-2012, 10:08 PM
I hope they get him. He will be a huge disaster for them

psubills62
03-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Jim Harbaugh has done more for Alex Smith than his own agent.

DynaPaul
03-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Smith still blows. If Manning goes to the 49ers they could win it all.

trapezeus
03-19-2012, 10:24 AM
smith is a fitz type guy. stronger arm, but i don't think he's a qb that can take over a game and win with little talent around him.

but the dolphins are where the bills would have been without Mario. Having to find something to sell the fans that they are trying and not embarassing.

we were very close to being in this position. So i think we just have to be thankful.

Miami now has to overpay since they lost manning and flynn. If they lose smith, what are they selling to their fans? "come see Matt moore be spectacularly below average most sundays!" And they didn't win the trade up to get RGIII. So that leaves them praying for an immediate starter in the draft in a position that gets people excited.

i think a bills fan is ok having a OT be the #1 pick. I don't think the dolphins fans will be if the QB position is not solved at all.

If the pats didn't occupy all my hate, i'd laugh at the dolphins. but i just dont hate on them as much as i did in the early 90's.

Captain gameboy
03-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Schadenfreude.

Its an epidemic.

Cali512
03-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Question, during the playoffs i remember alot of people on here talking bout how much Alex Smith was a surprise this year and how good he actually is, now that hes going to miami he sucks lol. I love being a bills fan

mysticsoto
03-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Question, during the playoffs i remember alot of people on here talking bout how much Alex Smith was a surprise this year and how good he actually is, now that hes going to miami he sucks lol. I love being a bills fan

I think Trap said it right. He's improved, but I don't know that he can take over a game and put it all on his shoulders. Miami has alot of holes as well as issues and I can't blame him for NOT wanting to go there. Miami has offered him $8mil a yr and he still prefers to stay in SF unless they get Peyton and he's forced to leave. What does that say about how attractive Miami is looking to players right now???

trapezeus
03-19-2012, 10:51 AM
smith was a part of a great game vs the saints. but he underutilizes crabtree. he depended on Vernon davis quite a bit.

i think he had a great run game to help him in SF. He isn't the worst qb, but he's not good enough to go into that dolphin environment and create immediate change from last year.

i think a healthy manning would be able to do it (though i have my doubts that manning will regain his touch). They just have a bunch of holes.

plus miami has a new coach. means that some of their current personnel may not be right for what he's running. we just went through that with chan in year 1. not a bad coach, just doesn't have the tools he wants to win with right away. That's not attractive to be the first in unles syou are getting ridiculous money and you believe in their front office.

stuckincincy
03-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Miami now has to overpay since they lost manning and flynn. If they lose smith, what are they selling to their fans?

With the wow-wee tv money the NFL is getting in the coming years, I suspect that owners no longer have to worry much about attendance. That makes the big money franchise owners mad, because their cut of the visitor's gate receipts go down. But all over, the profits are fabulous, for owner and player alike.

justasportsfan
03-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Are the 9ers ready to go with Colin Kaepernick

Night Train
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Agree with Thurm. Matt Moore is just as good, if not better.

They should worry about solidifying the D first.

Mike13
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Agree with Thurm. Matt Moore is just as good, if not better.

They should worry about solidifying the D first.

The D is pretty solid, but we could use a nother pass rusher and a ballhawking FS

And yeah at this point we might as well stick with Matt Moore.

justasportsfan
03-19-2012, 01:03 PM
And yeah at this point we might as well stick with Matt Moore.

exactly! Then with the first pick in next years draft, take Matt Barkley :D

madness
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
My neighbor (49ers fan) said Smith is flying back to SF today.

Goobylal
03-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Smith views Miami as a destination of last resort: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2012/03/more-bad-news-how-about-this-multiple-sources-tell-me-that-the-only-way-alex-smith-is-going-to-sign-with-the-dolphins-is-i.html

Michael82
03-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Smith views Miami as a destination of last resort: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2012/03/more-bad-news-how-about-this-multiple-sources-tell-me-that-the-only-way-alex-smith-is-going-to-sign-with-the-dolphins-is-i.html
:rofl: Been there before. It feels good not to be that team this year.

better days
03-20-2012, 06:47 AM
:rofl: Been there before. It feels good not to be that team this year.

Here is hoping the Bills are never that team again. This is why signing Mario Williams was so huge, he brings more than his ability to sack the QB to Buffalo, he brings respectability with him & shows the rest of the NFL the Bills are to be taken seriously again.