PDA

View Full Version : "I Don't Buy We Can't Win"

methos4ever
03-19-2012, 06:04 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/03/19/signings/1.html

"If I'm not mistaken,'' Williams said, not angrily but stridently, "this team beat New England last year. This team almost beat the Giants. This is an any-given-Sunday league. I don't buy that we can't win. This is the NFL. New teams win every year. If that wasn't the case, teams in the big cities, the better cities, would win all the time. And you see that's not true.''
@bbwolf90 to @SI_PeterKing

He is saying the right things and hopefully on Sundays doing them too!

Forward_Lateral
03-19-2012, 06:37 AM
He is absolutely correct. There was only a few games the Bills got blown out in that I can remember. Vs Dallas, Miami once and the Jets once.

DasBills
03-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Hopefully that attitude spreads through the locker room like wildfire!

Skooby
03-19-2012, 07:00 AM
I hope he & Jimbo become life-long firends, Mario seems like a real class act.

mrbojanglezs
03-19-2012, 07:02 AM
I hope he & Jimbo become life-long firends, Mario seems like a real class act..

Huh? Why does that matter?

Skooby
03-19-2012, 07:19 AM

Huh? Why does that matter?

You heard how important it was for Mario to meet Jim Kelly at his house, Mario could be our future embassary for incoming FA / Players. Jim loves the Bills & our area, spread the love.

trapezeus
03-19-2012, 08:34 AM
we've had a lot of players come through and want to be winners. we will need to see results.

but on paper, the bills look a whole lot more competitive than they did last year at this time.

better days
03-19-2012, 09:19 AM
we've had a lot of players come through and want to be winners. we will need to see results.

but on paper, the bills look a whole lot more competitive than they did last year at this time.

Give me QUALITY over quantity everyday. Mario is the second quality FA to come to Buffalo with Nick Barnett being the first. Before Barnett signed last year, I think Chris Speilman was the last quality FA to come to Buffalo. Can't wait for the draft!

Skooby
03-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Give me QUALITY over quantity everyday. Mario is the second quality FA to come to Buffalo with Nick Barnett being the first. Before Barnett signed last year, I think Chris Speilman was the last quality FA to come to Buffalo. Can't wait for the draft!

I have a weird feeling that Blackmon falls to us in the draft, that'd tip the balance of power in the AFC East.

THRILLHO
03-19-2012, 09:49 AM
I have a weird feeling that Blackmon falls to us in the draft, that'd tip the balance of power in the AFC East.

You really think a rookie WR is all that separates us from Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Gonkowski (Lloyd also)?

I know we added Mario Williams but I think people are getting a little carried away with expectations. We still have some serious O-Line holes (Bell is yet to re-sign), no clear #2 WR, and a suspect LB group. Lets not forget the Patriots went to the Superbowl last year while we could only go 1-5 in the division.

more cowbell
03-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Good. Win.

better days
03-19-2012, 10:03 AM
You really think a rookie WR is all that separates us from Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Gonkowski (Lloyd also)?

I know we added Mario Williams but I think people are getting a little carried away with expectations. We still have some serious O-Line holes (Bell is yet to re-sign), no clear #2 WR, and a suspect LB group. Lets not forget the Patriots went to the Superbowl last year while we could only go 1-5 in the division.

I agree, but if Blackmon fell to #10, I think the Bills would find a number of teams would want to trade up to draft him, that would help the Bills a lot.

trapezeus
03-19-2012, 10:18 AM
bills have two ways to be good next year.

1. get another rusher as a DE or LB in draft. That will automatically add depth and will make it less likely that we'll sustain injuries on our DL that just sidelines the rush.
2. Add starters on the OL to push the talent we already have as starters, and to give us some great depth. i think the bills will want to have backups across tackle, guard and center. No more having a RT going down and moving LG over and then putting a rookie into a position he's not comfortable with.

if the first four bills picks are DE, LB, OT OT in whatever order, i'm happy.

i really think our DB's got a free pass with this focus on the rush.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-19-2012, 10:21 AM
bills have two ways to be good next year.

1. get another rusher as a DE or LB in draft. That will automatically add depth and will make it less likely that we'll sustain injuries on our DL that just sidelines the rush.
2. Add starters on the OL to push the talent we already have as starters, and to give us some great depth. i think the bills will want to have backups across tackle, guard and center. No more having a RT going down and moving LG over and then putting a rookie into a position he's not comfortable with.

if the first four bills picks are DE, LB, OT OT in whatever order, i'm happy.

i really think our DB's got a free pass with this focus on the rush.

would you be suprised if buffalo takes martin, reiff or adams at pick 10? nix was at ohio states pro day and was apparently really interested in adams...

19 reps doesnt bother me becasue hes strong as hell on tape, especially in the running game. plus didnt solder do 17-18 reps? hell dareus only did 24

Cali512
03-19-2012, 10:57 AM
would you be suprised if buffalo takes martin, reiff or adams at pick 10? nix was at ohio states pro day and was apparently really interested in adams...

19 reps doesnt bother me becasue hes strong as hell on tape, especially in the running game. plus didnt solder do 17-18 reps? hell dareus only did 24

Bench press is the most irrelevant thing at the combine by far

THRILLHO
03-19-2012, 10:58 AM

I hope we take an O-lineman first pick. We need help bad.

imbondz
03-19-2012, 11:47 AM
One response in a blog I read about Mario coming to buffalo someone just said, 'finally the Bills are relevant again'.

We need stronger leadership on D, and Mario seems like a leader from the things he's saying so far. hopefully it plays out that way.

Oaf
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
He just took this road with the Texans. I'm still surprised he decided to take it again with us.

mikemac2001
03-19-2012, 11:52 AM
One response in a blog I read about Mario coming to buffalo someone just said, 'finally the Bills are relevant again'.

We need stronger leadership on D, and Mario seems like a leader from the things he's saying so far. hopefully it plays out that way.

He is a leader by play

merriman and barnett are vocal leaders on D

methos4ever
03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
He is a leader by play

merriman and barnett are vocal leaders on D
And because the Bills are okay with that, unlike at times the Texans who wanted him to be the do-everything guy, he has less pressure.

Especially on the field with two hell-raisers at DT and even decent play from the RE.

Mski
03-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Bench press is the most irrelevant thing at the combine by fari thought the 40 times and vertical for OL was more irrelevatn

Buffalogic
03-19-2012, 09:21 PM
No way blackmon gets by Miami. If he falls to 8 they will take him over Tannehill