X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

'no one' want to play for Miami

Found interesting article about how 'no one' want to play for Miami, according to some NFL players. Players want to win & by and large losers will have a harder time attracting talent. Miami is a great city, awesome nightlife, beaches, shopping, and no state tax!

Goes to show it's all about winning which means that if the Bills want to attract even more talent they have to turn it around & win some games. The city is not a detourent. No one is hating on Buffalo, they are hating on loosing cultures weather it's Buffalo, Cleaveland or Miami.

Please Make Sense
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Re: 'no one' want to play for Miami

Miami just looks like an unstable franchise right now. The Bills are not far removed from that same problem. So, it's not entirely difficult to relate to. As a free agent looks at that team, imagine what they see, new coach, no QB, no number 1 receiver, no sense of what direction that team is actually planning on going as far as identity.

That has been a problem we've seen in Buffalo for the last decade. This kind of thing is actually very common and happens to every NFL team at some point. Some turn it around a lot faster than others. Miami will eventually fix its many issues. But until then, just like Buffalo in the past is going to have a hard time attracting free agents that can actually help them. JMO

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

stephen ross is cheap
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

I don't know one Matt Flynn implies too much. It's obvious theat Seattle offerred far more guaranteed money than his formal coach in Green Bay had offerred in Miami. What does that say about Flynn?
        Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 03-19-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

While it's funny to see a division rival getting this kind of press instead of us, it was a dick move by Clark to call out a team he never even played for. Most of this website would be pissed as hell if he had said it about Buffalo.

And people in Buffalo need to stop taking it so personally if someone doesn't like the city. Some people don't like small cities and snow- in fact, most people who don't grow up in snow can't stand any thought of dealing with the stuff and they don't understand why anyone would live in that climate. It's one thing if someone takes an unnecessary shot at the city (like Brady's hotel thing) but it's another thing if someone just doesn't personally like it.

Personally, I'd take any dirty Northeastern city over Miami. I don't give a **** about their beaches, I'd much rather drink in a hole-in-the-wall bar than a night club, I can't stand the heat or humidity, and I basically consider the place to be just like it's portrayed in GTA: Vice City. The only good thing about it is the Cuban food. But, that's my opinion- I can see why people who hate snow and like beaches and nightlife would rather live in Miami than Buffalo.
          Last edited by OpIv37; 03-19-2012, 08:12 AM.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

It is about winning 1st.. Market is a secondary factor, and it does matter, but winning changes everything.

Once the Bills fully turn that corner will be more palatable to top FA's

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

the only things i like about miami are art deco and joes stone crab
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ThunderGun
                • Dec 2011

I'd play for Miami...

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

ross is showing his inner ralph. Cluelessness in regards of football IQ. He happens to try and throw a lot of money at name people. but he seems to be wanting to make football more about entertainment and glitz and glamour.

football players who put their bodies on the line want to know they are doing it for a better reason than just looking good on paper.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

MIami is starting to give Jax a run for their money when it comes to iffy fans who don't bother to show up. Peyton was their last chance to get their stadium HALF filled every game.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

and everyone says the Bills are the bottomless pit of the NFL. I hope they sign Alex Smith because I think he has a similar skill set to that of Chad Henne. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/18/ryan-clark-says-no-one-wants-to-join-the-dolphins/

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

i remember a few Fish fans hollering in the Smack Zone about how great Miami is and how Buffalo isn't. i guess Mario Williams didn't get that memo.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          While it's funny to see a division rival getting this kind of press instead of us, it was a dick move by Clark to call out a team he never even played for. Most of this website would be pissed as hell if he had said it about Buffalo.

And people in Buffalo need to stop taking it so personally if someone doesn't like the city. Some people don't like small cities and snow- in fact, most people who don't grow up in snow can't stand any thought of dealing with the stuff and they don't understand why anyone would live in that climate. It's one thing if someone takes an unnecessary shot at the city (like Brady's hotel thing) but it's another thing if someone just doesn't personally like it.

Personally, I'd take any dirty Northeastern city over Miami. I don't give a **** about their beaches, I'd much rather drink in a hole-in-the-wall bar than a night club, I can't stand the heat or humidity, and I basically consider the place to be just like it's portrayed in GTA: Vice City. The only good thing about it is the Cuban food. But, that's my opinion- I can see why people who hate snow and like beaches and nightlife would rather live in Miami than Buffalo.
                          I just listened to a John Clayton Podcast from 3-15 today. 3-15 my birthday & a day Bills fans will always remember as the day Mario Williams was signed by the Bills.

It seems everyone in Seattle was in a bad mood that day because it was SNOWING in Seattle. Meanwhile it was a beautiful sunny day in Buffalo. LOL

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days
                            I just listened to a John Clayton Podcast from 3-15 today. 3-15 my birthday & a day Bills fans will always remember as the day Mario Williams was signed by the Bills.

It seems everyone in Seattle was in a bad mood that day because it was SNOWING in Seattle. Meanwhile it was a beautiful sunny day in Buffalo. LOL

No one in WNY is ever in a bad mood because of snow- we're usually in bad moods because our sports teams suck.

But, I don't think anyone in Buffalo has an inferiority complex when it comes to John Clayton. That guy really does have something against us for some reason.

And happy belated birthday.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Meathead
                              the only things i like about miami are art deco and joes stone crab
                              Well, the Keys are just a short drive from there so it has that going for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X