PDA

View Full Version : 'no one' want to play for Miami

Mike
03-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Found interesting article about how 'no one' want to play for Miami, according to some NFL players. Players want to win & by and large losers will have a harder time attracting talent. Miami is a great city, awesome nightlife, beaches, shopping, and no state tax!

Goes to show it's all about winning which means that if the Bills want to attract even more talent they have to turn it around & win some games. The city is not a detourent. No one is hating on Buffalo, they are hating on loosing cultures weather it's Buffalo, Cleaveland or Miami.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b0cb9/article/steelers-safety-clark-says-no-one-wants-to-play-for-dolphins?module=HP11_headline_stack

Extremebillsfan247
03-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Miami just looks like an unstable franchise right now. The Bills are not far removed from that same problem. So, it's not entirely difficult to relate to. As a free agent looks at that team, imagine what they see, new coach, no QB, no number 1 receiver, no sense of what direction that team is actually planning on going as far as identity.

That has been a problem we've seen in Buffalo for the last decade. This kind of thing is actually very common and happens to every NFL team at some point. Some turn it around a lot faster than others. Miami will eventually fix its many issues. But until then, just like Buffalo in the past is going to have a hard time attracting free agents that can actually help them. JMO

Meathead
03-19-2012, 07:54 AM
stephen ross is cheap

ghz in pittsburgh
03-19-2012, 08:01 AM
I don't know one Matt Flynn implies too much. It's obvious theat Seattle offerred far more guaranteed money than his formal coach in Green Bay had offerred in Miami. What does that say about Flynn?

OpIv37
03-19-2012, 08:11 AM
While it's funny to see a division rival getting this kind of press instead of us, it was a dick move by Clark to call out a team he never even played for. Most of this website would be pissed as hell if he had said it about Buffalo.

And people in Buffalo need to stop taking it so personally if someone doesn't like the city. Some people don't like small cities and snow- in fact, most people who don't grow up in snow can't stand any thought of dealing with the stuff and they don't understand why anyone would live in that climate. It's one thing if someone takes an unnecessary shot at the city (like Brady's hotel thing) but it's another thing if someone just doesn't personally like it.

Personally, I'd take any dirty Northeastern city over Miami. I don't give a **** about their beaches, I'd much rather drink in a hole-in-the-wall bar than a night club, I can't stand the heat or humidity, and I basically consider the place to be just like it's portrayed in GTA: Vice City. The only good thing about it is the Cuban food. But, that's my opinion- I can see why people who hate snow and like beaches and nightlife would rather live in Miami than Buffalo.

ddaryl
03-19-2012, 08:12 AM
It is about winning 1st.. Market is a secondary factor, and it does matter, but winning changes everything.

Once the Bills fully turn that corner will be more palatable to top FA's

Meathead
03-19-2012, 08:14 AM
the only things i like about miami are art deco and joes stone crab

ThunderGun
03-19-2012, 08:27 AM
I'd play for Miami...

trapezeus
03-19-2012, 08:32 AM
ross is showing his inner ralph. Cluelessness in regards of football IQ. He happens to try and throw a lot of money at name people. but he seems to be wanting to make football more about entertainment and glitz and glamour.

football players who put their bodies on the line want to know they are doing it for a better reason than just looking good on paper.

justasportsfan
03-19-2012, 08:34 AM
MIami is starting to give Jax a run for their money when it comes to iffy fans who don't bother to show up. Peyton was their last chance to get their stadium HALF filled every game.

BertSquirtgum
03-19-2012, 09:07 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=210739

SABURZFAN
03-19-2012, 05:59 PM
i remember a few Fish fans hollering in the Smack Zone about how great Miami is and how Buffalo isn't. i guess Mario Williams didn't get that memo. :idunno:

better days
03-19-2012, 06:41 PM
While it's funny to see a division rival getting this kind of press instead of us, it was a dick move by Clark to call out a team he never even played for. Most of this website would be pissed as hell if he had said it about Buffalo.

And people in Buffalo need to stop taking it so personally if someone doesn't like the city. Some people don't like small cities and snow- in fact, most people who don't grow up in snow can't stand any thought of dealing with the stuff and they don't understand why anyone would live in that climate. It's one thing if someone takes an unnecessary shot at the city (like Brady's hotel thing) but it's another thing if someone just doesn't personally like it.

Personally, I'd take any dirty Northeastern city over Miami. I don't give a **** about their beaches, I'd much rather drink in a hole-in-the-wall bar than a night club, I can't stand the heat or humidity, and I basically consider the place to be just like it's portrayed in GTA: Vice City. The only good thing about it is the Cuban food. But, that's my opinion- I can see why people who hate snow and like beaches and nightlife would rather live in Miami than Buffalo.

I just listened to a John Clayton Podcast from 3-15 today. 3-15 my birthday & a day Bills fans will always remember as the day Mario Williams was signed by the Bills.

It seems everyone in Seattle was in a bad mood that day because it was SNOWING in Seattle. Meanwhile it was a beautiful sunny day in Buffalo. LOL

OpIv37
03-19-2012, 06:47 PM
I just listened to a John Clayton Podcast from 3-15 today. 3-15 my birthday & a day Bills fans will always remember as the day Mario Williams was signed by the Bills.

It seems everyone in Seattle was in a bad mood that day because it was SNOWING in Seattle. Meanwhile it was a beautiful sunny day in Buffalo. LOL

No one in WNY is ever in a bad mood because of snow- we're usually in bad moods because our sports teams suck.

But, I don't think anyone in Buffalo has an inferiority complex when it comes to John Clayton. That guy really does have something against us for some reason.

And happy belated birthday.

better days
03-19-2012, 07:31 PM
the only things i like about miami are art deco and joes stone crab

Well, the Keys are just a short drive from there so it has that going for it.

Extremebillsfan247
03-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Just found out Miami picked up David Garrard. Looks like he will be their QB. It's not a bad choice in my opinion.

Mike13
03-19-2012, 07:35 PM
stephen ross is cheap

Stephen Ross does not make personnel desicions.

better days
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Stephen Ross does not make personnel desicions.

It was a joke because Ralph is always accused of being cheap on this board.

DasBills
03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Just crazy, they've become such a joke of a franchise.

Mike13
03-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Just crazy, they've become such a joke of a franchise.

Odds are that we have yet to hit rock bottom, because life is ****ty like that.

DasBills
03-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Odds are that we have yet to hit rock bottom, because life is ****ty like that.Ah, are you a Dolphins fan?

Michael82
03-20-2012, 01:56 AM
Odds are that we have yet to hit rock bottom, because life is ****ty like that.
That's good to hear. We dealt with it for so long, it's nice to see someone else have to deal with sucking now.

Mike13
03-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Ah, are you a Dolphins fan?

Unfortunately yes.

stuckincincy
03-20-2012, 12:30 PM

Happy belated B'Day!

Jaydog57
03-20-2012, 02:19 PM
I hate to think we're becoming more like the Cleveland Browns, or the Detroit Lions before last year, but it's looking more like that. I think a lot of that would go away if somebody would take our GM Ireland on a trip to the Everglades and come back without him. He has no business holding a position as a general manager of a team. And our owner Ross seems like he'd be just as happy signing players to sell tickets as signing players to win championships.

Night Train
03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Miami appears to be in rebuilding mode. I'ts as simple as that. FA's will wait a year to gage progress with a new coach.

Mike
03-20-2012, 03:08 PM
More on the Topic & GM issues: apparentently it was the Dolphins GM that asked a blue chip player before the draft if his mom was a prostitute.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d827b6b7a/State-of-the-Dolphins?continuous=true

Mike13
03-20-2012, 07:04 PM
More on the Topic & GM issues: apparentently it was the Dolphins GM that asked a blue chip player before the draft if his mom was a prostitute.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d827b6b7a/State-of-the-Dolphins?continuous=true

welcome to two years ago(or was it three?)

better days
03-20-2012, 10:28 PM
welcome to two years ago(or was it three?)

Yeah, aside from Joey Porter saying you can't trust a thing Jeff Ireland says, Both he and Warren Sapp addressed that question to Dez Bryant by Ireland: "Is your mother a prostitute" Sapp: "who would want to play for a person that would ask a question like that?"

SABURZFAN
03-22-2012, 05:32 PM
It was a joke because Ralph is always accused of being cheap on this board.

your joke failed (which was expected) and The Old Fart IS cheap. :down:

DasBills
03-22-2012, 08:27 PM
your joke failed (which was expected) and The Old Fart IS cheap. :down:How about he's not "cheap", he just isn't a "vigorous spender".