PDA

View Full Version : If Tebow Goes To Jacksonville...

more cowbell
03-19-2012, 06:19 PM
I guarantee Buddy inquires about Blaine Gabbert. If Dareus wasn't on the board last year he was our pick.

He had an awful rookie season, however I would be much more intrigued by him than Thigpen

Cali512
03-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Blaine Gabbert was the worst top 10 QB prospect in history.

OpIv37
03-19-2012, 06:24 PM
If Tebow goes to Jax, Jax sells a boatload more tickets than they are selling now, and suddenly they may not be as attractive a move candidate as, say, Buffalo.....

As Bills fans, we don't want this.

SABURZFAN
03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Jacksonville would sell out games if Tebow went there. they'd probably have to open up the seats they have covered as well.

YardRat
03-19-2012, 06:27 PM
I'd take a flyer on Gabbert, as long as it didn't cost us more than a fourth.

more cowbell
03-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Blaine Gabbert was the worst top 10 QB prospect in history.

No argument there. I don't know why he was a top 10 pick either, however he does have a nice skill set to work with.

more cowbell
03-19-2012, 06:35 PM
If Tebow goes to Jax, Jax sells a boatload more tickets than they are selling now, and suddenly they may not be as attractive a move candidate as, say, Buffalo.....

Jacksonville is not moving either. Tebow or not. It's going to be the Chargers.

THRILLHO
03-19-2012, 06:39 PM
I would not oppose this trade opportunity.

Scumbag College
03-19-2012, 06:45 PM
I think Denver would be crazy to trade away Tebow and bet the franchise on a 30+ year old QB that hasn't played in over a year whose had multiple neck surgeries the last couple of months.

Extremebillsfan247
03-19-2012, 06:59 PM
I guarantee Buddy inquires about Blaine Gabbert. If Dareus wasn't on the board last year he was our pick.

He had an awful rookie season, however I would be much more intrigued by him than ThigpenIn my opinion Denver would be wise to hold on to Tebow. As far as the Bills trading away draft picks to get Tebow, or Gabbert, it isn't going to happen. I don't know how many times Buddy Nix has to say he doesn't like giving up draft picks before people start to understand he's actually serious.

SaviorEdwards
03-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Gabbert sucks

mikemac2001
03-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Gabbert is trash....he fumbles more then tony banks

Cali512
03-20-2012, 12:05 AM
never had anywhere near a 250 yd game at all last year, and had only 2 games where he scored 2 TDs

thenry20
03-20-2012, 12:30 AM

He had an awful rookie season, however I would be much more intrigued by him than Thigpen

Where did you hear that? If memory serves, there was reputable speculation at the time that the Bills wanted to draft Dalton in the 2nd round but he was snatchd up by the Bengals a pick ahead of us.

alohabillsfan
03-20-2012, 04:19 AM
Please some of you need to do research instead of blindly listening to the media IRT Jacksonville and blackouts. Please feel free to educate yourself, thats how we end up with the elected leaders we have...

Here is a hint, look up blackouts Tampa, or Oakland since their move back from LA.

Night Train
03-20-2012, 05:08 AM
I wa hoping Tenny would sign Manning and Locker would be up for trade.

Gabbert,Locker,Mallet...seems like a week ago Tuesday many here were screaming for them.

Now they are almost afterthoughts to many.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-20-2012, 06:28 AM
I am not sure if this is known or if it matters, but the guy that bought the Jaguars has a clause in the contract of purchasing the team that is something like if the team profits go down for five straight years he can move the team. I expect them to start looking the "Major League" baseball movie so he can move the team. He will say "Get me Lombardi" "He is dead" "Get me someone else"

better days
03-20-2012, 06:56 AM

Gabbert,Locker,Mallet...seems like a week ago Tuesday many here were screaming for them.

Well, I for one am happy Peyton Manning gave the Titans & their owner Bud Adams the finger. Just as Adams gave it to Ralph Wilson & all Bills fans at the HOF game a few years ago. Bud Adams should rot in Hell.

The fact the Bills got Mario Williams while the Titans were busy chasing after Manning makes it just that much sweeter that they did not get Manning.

better days
03-20-2012, 06:58 AM
I am not sure if this is known or if it matters, but the guy that bought the Jaguars has a clause in the contract of purchasing the team that is something like if the team profits go down for five straight years he can move the team. I expect them to start looking the "Major League" baseball movie so he can move the team. He will say "Get me Lombardi" "He is dead" "Get me someone else"

The moves he has made so far sure look like they were scripted from Major League.

Mahdi
03-20-2012, 07:03 AM

Mallett hasn't played so we can't judge at all.

Gabbert had no receiving weapons at all. He had the worst set of WRs in the league. Plus he was often playing from behind so getting MJD going to help him wasn't an option.

Locker actually looked good when he played. I expect he will be a very good QB.

DraftBoy
03-20-2012, 07:18 AM

That is incorrect about where we had him, and you're guarantee is simply speculation about what any team needing a QB would do if a young prospect came on the market.

ddaryl
03-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Gabbert isn't worth our time.

k-oneputt
03-20-2012, 08:15 AM
Mallett hasn't played so we can't judge at all.

Gabbert had no receiving weapons at all. He had the worst set of WRs in the league. Plus he was often playing from behind so getting MJD going to help him wasn't an option.

Locker actually looked good when he played. I expect he will be a very good QB.

Finally a post that actually knows what they are talking about. Things are looking up, it only took to #20.

we are
03-20-2012, 08:22 AM
I highly doubt buddy passed on what he thought would be a franchise Qb for a franchise DT.

trapezeus
03-20-2012, 08:29 AM
i don't want blaine for any payment.

if the bills need a heir apparent, draft him. Gabbert struck me as not NFL ready at the time of the draft and last year didn't dispel anything to me.

k-oneputt
03-20-2012, 08:33 AM
You are right. Alot of good qb's that go to s*** teams look like Gabbert in their rookie year.
If the price is right I would be interested in Gabbert. 3rd rd. pick at best, which I doubt would happen.

THATHURMANATOR
03-20-2012, 08:34 AM

Hilarious. So the Bills selling more tickets because of Williams doesn't matter but Jax selling more because of Tebow does.... :trance: :trance: :trance: :trance:

OpIv37
03-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Hilarious. So the Bills selling more tickets because of Williams doesn't matter but Jax selling more because of Tebow does.... :trance: :trance: :trance: :trance:

Bills have never had problems selling tickets, at least not compared to Jacksonville.

And believe me- the Williams effect in Buffalo will pale in comparison to the Tebow effect in Jacksonville.

Remember, Jacksonville already has a stadium lease that's difficult and expensive to break. That's one reason why other teams like Buffalo, Minny or SD are better move candidates. If Jax was to become more valuable because the team can suddenly sell tickets, it might be enough to knock Jax off the short list of move candidates.

But hey, just bury your head back in the sand. I know that's a lot more comfortable for you than dealing with reality.

THATHURMANATOR
03-20-2012, 09:05 AM
And believe me- the Williams effect in Buffalo will pale in comparison to the Tebow effect in Jacksonville.

No it won't.... BELIEVE ME.....

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Id much rather have Tebow than Gabbert.

The Jokeman
03-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Gabbert is trash....he fumbles more then tony banks
FYI. Gabbert had 14 fumbles last year and 5 were lost, Tebow had 13 fumbles and 6 were lost.

trapezeus
03-20-2012, 10:45 AM
^i'd rather have neither. give fitz his last chance to show us what he's made of. can he be the 5-1 guy or the otherguy.

i don't know why we just want terrible qb's on the roster to replace currently bad back-ups on the roster.

justasportsfan
03-20-2012, 10:51 AM

I highly doubt that.

There was also speculation that the bills were trying to move back up the draft to grab Tebow .

Bill Cody
03-20-2012, 10:54 AM

You are wrong on this. If Denver had taken Dareus we would have taken Von Miller. Period.

I listened to Buddy and Chan pretty clearly. There was one QB they would have used the 3rd pick on last year and his name is Cam Newton. I don't know how much they liked Gabbert but they were not in love with him that's for sure otherwise we would have taken him, we were in the market for a franchise QB, obviously they weren't sure he was one.

I'm not personally a big fan. He's smart and he has a decent arm but he strikes me as a soft pretty boy, I question his leadership ability. His bad stats as a rookie are not unusual though, most rookie QB's struggle.

Bill Cody
03-20-2012, 10:56 AM
I highly doubt that.

There was also speculation that the bills were trying to move back up the draft to grab Tebow .

Tebow wasn't drafted last year.

justasportsfan
03-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Tebow wasn't drafted last year.

I wasn't talking about last year. I was talking about the year tebow was drafted.

Anywhoo , it's all speculation

more cowbell
03-20-2012, 12:26 PM
That is incorrect about where we had him, and you're guarantee is simply speculation about what any team needing a QB would do if a young prospect came on the market.

Wrong. If Dareus was not on the board last year the Bills were very interested in Gabbert.

And yes...this post is pure speculation about trading for Gabbert. Thank you for pointing that out as if no one knew that already...

ThunderGun
03-20-2012, 12:29 PM
I think Denver would be crazy to trade away Tebow and bet the franchise on a 30+ year old QB that hasn't played in over a year whose had multiple neck surgeries the last couple of months.

I agree. I don't think Tebow will ever be a very good NFL QB, but they should just keep him as a short-yardage/goalline QB. I wouldn't every let Peyton run a QB-Sneak ever again. 4th and 1 can be Tebow-Time.

better days
03-20-2012, 12:29 PM
FYI. Gabbert had 14 fumbles last year and 5 were lost, Tebow had 13 fumbles and 6 were lost.

Well, I'm sure Gabbert also carried the ball a LOT less than Tebow did.

better days
03-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Wrong. If Dareus was not on the board last year the Bills were very interested in Gabbert.

And yes...this post is pure speculation about trading for Gabbert. Thank you for pointing that out as if no one knew that already...

If Dareus were not on the board, the Bills would have drafted Von Miller, NOT Gabbert.

DraftBoy
03-20-2012, 12:34 PM

Again that is not correct. The Bills were not taking Gabbert is Dareus went to Denver.

They did like Gabbert but he was not the #3 player on their board.

ThunderGun
03-20-2012, 12:34 PM

It was clear that the Bills wanted Von Miller and Cam Newton. If Dareus had gone in the first 2 picks, we would have definitely taken Cam or Von.

BertSquirtgum
03-20-2012, 12:38 PM
anybody but Thigpen is worth our time.

stuckincincy
03-20-2012, 12:43 PM
If Dareus were not on the board, the Bills would have drafted Von Miller, NOT Gabbert.

Yep. - not Gabbert.

Gabbert - I watched the CIN @ JAX game. He got 200 or so yards - had a 70+ completion to pad the number.

He wasn't ready for NFL ball - deer in the headlights IIRC. They won't dump him until they can figure out if he's got the goods.

The labor - management situation last season did rob the rookie quarterback crop of camp time, so I think that most clubs are smart enough to wait and see. Prematurely turning the back on a higher qb pick is goofy under any circumstance.

stuckincincy
03-20-2012, 12:55 PM
It was clear that the Bills wanted Von Miller and Cam Newton. If Dareus had gone in the first 2 picks, we would have definitely taken Cam or Von.

Dunno.

Newton had his question marks at the time. He had quite a season, but it's legit to wonder if his running can persist with success. The "wildcat" has petered out as clubs have learned to counter it, and Newton surely exposes himself to possible injury. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy to see he's a gamer, but...

Conventional wisdom - and CW exists because it usually proves true - says that if you have a shot at a special DL, you go for it regardless of other team needs. Hence, Darius.

Remember back, when TEX got bricks rained down on their head when they took Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

better days
03-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Dunno.

Newton had his question marks at the time. He had quite a season, but it's legit to wonder if his running can persist with success. The "wildcat" has petered out as clubs have learned to counter it, and Newton surely exposes himself to possible injury. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy to see he's a gamer, but...

Conventional wisdom - and CW exists because it usually proves true - says that if you have a shot at a special DL, you go for it regardless of other team needs. Hence, Darius.

Remember back, when TEX got bricks rained down on their head when they took Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

Nix has said if Cam was there, the Bills would have drafted him at 3.

Bill Cody
03-20-2012, 01:10 PM
If Dareus wasn't on the board last year he was our pick.

:horsecrap

If Dareus was not on the board last year the Bills were very interested in Gabbert.

Smooth backpedal but you're not quite there yet.

Gabbert was a QB we looked at because we need a QB. I really have no idea at all where we had him on our board because Nix gave vague at best indications on our level of interest but it's safe to safe if he becomes available we'd at least kick the tires.

I think you're on to something now Cowbell thanks for sharing

stuckincincy
03-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Nix has said if Cam was there, the Bills would have drafted him at 3.

How sweet. Kinda like telling your kid (Darius) that we really wanted something better, but we had to settle for you.

Bill Cody
03-20-2012, 01:45 PM
How sweet. Kinda like telling your kid (Darius) that we really wanted something better, but we had to settle for you.

Don't anyone tell Darius or he'll be crying himself to sleep

stuckincincy
03-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Don't anyone tell Darius or he'll be crying himself to sleep

Heh - nobody with a mattress stuffed full of Benjamins cries himself to sleep.

more cowbell
03-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Again that is not correct. The Bills were not taking Gabbert is Dareus went to Denver.

They did like Gabbert but he was not the #3 player on their board.

Here's where the confusion lies...I never said they were planning on taking Gabbert at 3. Their interest in Von Miller was mild at best (which is stupid), and would have explored trading down. Not saying that was the plan, just stating that the GM's and scouts liked Gabbert very much going into the draft last year, and if he became available the Bills would be one of the teams interested.

This is ALLLLLLLLLL speculation except for the fact that the Bills liked Blaine Gabbert last year - so I'm not quite sure how this has turned into "Fantasy GM Time" but at any rate...go bills

Oaf
03-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Heh - nobody with a mattress stuffed full of Benjamins cries himself to sleep. You'd be surprised. ;)