Mike13
03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
ahhhhhh ****.

alnilla
03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
I like our odds sweeping the fish this year

Extremebillsfan247
03-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Good pick up for them as they are clearly in a rebuilding state. It would essentially allow them to experiment with a drafted QB with questionable skill like Tannehill. JMO

better days
03-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Smells of desperation.

Mike13
03-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Its a 1 year deal, I fully expect them to draft Tannehill or Weeden.

DasBills
03-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Would have been better off keeping Henne.

better days
03-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Its a 1 year deal, I fully expect them to draft Tannehill or Weeden.

Well, if they draft Weeden, he better start this year, he doesn't have that many years left to play.

don137
03-19-2012, 07:49 PM
This helps Buffalo since the fins will take a QB in round 1 so that helps someone falling to Buffalo.

Mike13
03-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Well, if they draft Weeden, he better start this year, he doesn't have that many years left to play.

Its shame about his age, he could very well be the second best QB in the draft if he werent 28.

DasBills
03-19-2012, 07:51 PM
This helps Buffalo since the fins will take a QB in round 1 so that helps someone falling to Buffalo.I'm not sure that that's a foregone conclusion. They have so many holes to fill at this point, and there's no point in going out and getting a developmental guy like Tannehill in the first if you don't have the necessary tools around him.

better days
03-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Its shame about his age, he could very well be the second best QB in the draft if he werent 28.

I agree, he wasted his youth playing minor league baseball.

better days
03-19-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure that that's a foregone conclusion. They have so many holes to fill at this point, and there's no point in going out and getting a developmental guy like Tannehill in the first if you don't have the necessary tools around him.

I have been hearing Tannehill will go somewhere in the first rnd so if Miami wants him they have to draft him or take a chance & trade down, but it unlikely he will be there in the 2nd rnd. Now if they want Weeden he will most likely be there in the 2nd rnd.

DasBills
03-19-2012, 08:01 PM
I have been hearing Tannehill will go somewhere in the first rnd so if Miami wants him they have to draft him or take a chance & trade down, but it unlikely he will be there in the 2nd rnd. Now if they want Weeden he will most likely be there in the 2nd rnd.He will go somewhere in the first, but in my opinion, the Dolphins just don't make a whole lot of sense. Personally, I'd stick with Matt Moore and start building a team. If you draft Tannehill, you're taking him knowing that he won't be ready to start for a couple of seasons; they need "now" guys. Just my opinion...

YardRat
03-19-2012, 08:08 PM
I'd take Garrard over Thigpen right now.

Buffalogic
03-19-2012, 08:10 PM
lol remember when they didn't want to pay him 800,000 to play last year?? Now they sign him a year later?? The fins are a total joke

better days
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
He will go somewhere in the first, but in my opinion, the Dolphins just don't make a whole lot of sense. Personally, I'd stick with Matt Moore and start building a team. If you draft Tannehill, you're taking him knowing that he won't be ready to start for a couple of seasons; they need "now" guys. Just my opinion...

I agree, the smart thing to do would be to build the team first.

better days
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM

Well, I would take Jason Campbell over Garrard. The Fins should have signed him before the Bears did.

Skooby
03-19-2012, 08:15 PM
ahhhhhh ****.

LOL.

JCBills
03-19-2012, 08:15 PM
I agree, he wasted his youth playing minor league baseball.

Samardzija should have stuck with football too.

BidsJr
03-19-2012, 08:18 PM
+4 to Super Mario's sack total.

ServoBillieves
03-19-2012, 08:43 PM

Is take a backup over a backup too.

The Fish got their backup to Matt Moore... Considered a backup.

Mike13
03-19-2012, 08:50 PM
He will go somewhere in the first, but in my opinion, the Dolphins just don't make a whole lot of sense. Personally, I'd stick with Matt Moore and start building a team. If you draft Tannehill, you're taking him knowing that he won't be ready to start for a couple of seasons; they need "now" guys. Just my opinion...

Moore is a good back up and a decent starter, the thing is do we draft a QB in the first or get a guy like Jefferies and take a QB later?

Meathead
03-19-2012, 08:58 PM
garrard is not bad. doesnt throw many tds but hes steady, makes very few mistakes, can run a little, and has a decent compl rate. i wish we had him instead of thigpig

they could do a lot worse than him and moore. those guys wont win games on their own but they could keep a good team afloat. unfortunately the fish are not a good team and those qbs will look a lot worse than they probably are

NOT THE DUDE...
03-19-2012, 09:02 PM
i dont think this is that bad a signing. he is a solid decent qb... they need to get him some wrs...

bess, hartline, gates are all number 3s...

their d is real nice, they have a real good oline. bush, thomas and clay can cause problems. if i was miami i would draft tannehill at 8, and then draft 2 wrs in rds 2 and 3...

PTI
03-19-2012, 09:19 PM
I like our odds sweeping the fish this year
Matt moore had 125 QB rating in two games against the Bills, he will still be starting for them next year. One game 133 rating, other game 122 rating, Bills got crushed one game, I don't get this post. By the way, Bills lost both games last year, to a QB the Phins want to replace, and the Bills keep Fitz.

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2012, 09:25 PM
We had a lot of injuries last year, including Fitz as it turned out. Plus our D just got a lot more potent with Mario. And the Phins lost their #1 WR.

DrGraves
03-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Garrard - MJD = Garbage

DasBills
03-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Garrard - MJD = GarbageGabbert + MJD = Garbage :biggrin:

NOT THE DUDE...
03-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Matt moore had 125 QB rating in two games against the Bills, he will still be starting for them next year. One game 133 rating, other game 122 rating, Bills got crushed one game, I don't get this post. By the way, Bills lost both games last year, to a QB the Phins want to replace, and the Bills keep Fitz.

u do realize george edwards was our dc, right?

Michael82
03-20-2012, 12:17 AM
So let me get this right....

The Dolphins didn't get Peyton Manning...
The Dolphins didn't get Matt Flynn...
The Dolphins didn't get Andrew Luck...
The Dolphins didn't get RG3...
The Dolphins didn't get Alex Smith...

But it's all good, they got David Garrard who isn't even good enough for Jacksonville. :rofl: and they also have Matt Moore who wasnt even good enough for the Panthers. :laughing:

Cali512
03-20-2012, 12:31 AM

But it's all good, they got David Garrard who isn't even good enough for Jacksonville. :rofl: and they also have Matt Moore who wasnt even good enough for the Panthers. :laughing:

I believe Moore left bc Neuton came, so bad example. And, Garrard sucs yes, Tannehill probably will also go there

Mike13
03-20-2012, 12:06 PM

Thank god we didnt get Smith, and we were never in the running for RG III or Luck. Those were pipe dreams at best.

better days
03-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Thank god we didnt get Smith, and we were never in the running for RG III or Luck. Those were pipe dreams at best.

Joey Porter was on NFL Network last night. He blames the Fins problems on GM Jeff Ireland, says you can't trust a thing he says. That may be why the Fins are having trouble getting people to go there.

mayotm
03-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Garrard won't beat out Moore. Moore played pretty well last year.

ZAZusmc03
03-21-2012, 07:26 AM
Garrard won't beat out Moore. Moore played pretty well last year.

I feel the same way. He is a serviceable starter, obviously better fit as backup, but still serviceable. And he put an ass-whooping on us last season, so I'm not really sure why everyone thinks hes terrible.

Mike13
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
He is a good back up, but he isnt a franchise guy.

Static
03-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Garrard was just Irland's "see i can sign someone" signing. We will probably draft a QB and Then Garrard will be cut in training camp. Hopefully he will run over Irland on his way out thus making his greatest contribution to the Dolphins.

Luisito23
03-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Garrard was just Irland's "see i can sign someone" signing.

Can't believe how embarrassing it has gotten out there.