PDA

View Full Version : Ennis and Foligno best since Brierre and Drury?

Cali512
03-19-2012, 07:40 PM
I think these 2 are amazing together and will grow and bcome named players. Foligno has moves and is big and is accurate shooting and passing, Ennis has a decent shot great moves and is smaller. Much like Crosby and Malkin to, not close to as good tho

Philagape
03-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Well gosh, why stop there?

They'll be like Gretzky and Lemieux at the Canada Cup!

PTI
03-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Why did Miller play the 3rd period?

G Wolly
03-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Foligno played 6 games.

This is already being discussed?

OpIv37
03-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Foligno is looking good.

Ennis is Afinogenov Part II.

Cali512
03-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Foligno is looking good.

Uhm? How? Great players who can hold the puck are what teams build around. We have one, hes set up/scored so many goals? Take away his production and this team has no chance. I think he has more to do with Stafford and Folignos success than anybody. All there goals usually come on a great play by Ennis

G Wolly
03-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Uhm? How?

Find some old game footage.

Crisis
03-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Max goes to bed at night wishing he had Ennis' hands.

SkateZilla
03-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Uhm? How? Great players who can hold the puck are what teams build around. We have one, hes set up/scored so many goals? Take away his production and this team has no chance. I think he has more to do with Stafford and Folignos success than anybody. All there goals usually come on a great play by Ennis

Considering Stafford wasnt doing crap until he was moved to play wing with Ennis.

Cali512
03-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Find some old game footage.

Similar style, wayyy better player. Far less turnovers and actually sets people up well. Great playmaker

Michael82
03-20-2012, 12:59 AM
:rofl: I think someone is jumping the gun a bit

SabreEleven
03-20-2012, 03:45 AM
We are breaking out the word amazing again after a 10 game run. Let's see them do this through next years playoffs and then we'll see if we are still using the word amazing.

G Wolly
03-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Similar style, wayyy better player. Far less turnovers and actually sets people up well. Great playmaker

There. You just answered your own question.

Max used to skate circles around defenses and could score and set up some goals.

Ennis is sure a better version.

OpIv37
03-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Max goes to bed at night wishing he had Ennis' hands.

the end result is the same though. Ennis flies around the offensive zone, stays away from defenders, then either takes a harmless shot or turns the puck over attempting to pass. That's exactly what Afinogenov used to do.

Ennis may look better doing it, but the outcome is no different.

SabreEleven
03-20-2012, 11:25 AM
the end result is the same though. Ennis flies around the offensive zone, stays away from defenders, then either takes a harmless shot or turns the puck over attempting to pass. That's exactly what Afinogenov used to do.

I'd like to think we are getting better production out of him then we got out of Max. I'd like to see Tyler healthy for a full season before we call him Max II.

SabreEleven
03-20-2012, 11:26 AM
There. You just answered your own question.

Max used to skate circles around defenses and could score and set up some goals until he was afraid to pass the puck.

Ennis is sure a better version.

Philagape
03-20-2012, 11:27 AM
I'd like to see Tyler healthy for a full season before we call him Max II.

And at center for a full season. Just by nature of the position, Ennis makes his line better than Max did.

Cali512
03-20-2012, 11:47 AM

Ennis has carried this team through the end of this year. He has i think all of Foligno and Staffords assist. If we had Crosby youd say the same. You watch other teams best players do the exact same thing that Ennis does, it doesnt mean there stupid, its what good players do.

In 5 games Ennis has had 4 goals, 5 assists, and is plus 10.

OpIv37
03-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Ennis has carried this team through the end of this year. He has i think all of Foligno and Staffords assist. If we had Crosby youd say the same. You watch other teams best players do the exact same thing that Ennis does, it doesnt mean there stupid, its what good players do.

In 5 games Ennis has had 4 goals, 5 assists, and is plus 10.

Good players skate around with the puck looking fancy then give it away without producing a scoring chance?

Hmmm.....This confuses me because I thought the point of hockey was to, you know, put the puck on net and score.

Cali512
03-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Good players skate around with the puck looking fancy then give it away without producing a scoring chance?

Hmmm.....This confuses me because I thought the point of hockey was to, you know, put the puck on net and score.

Dude you really need to get your mind checked if you think thats all ennis does. Ennis usually skates around drives to the net then someone usually gets a good shot opportunity. Or hell skate then the defense will collapse on him and hell make a pass and get a scoring chance. You need to seriously watch some games and stop *****ing about every thing possible!

SabreEleven
03-20-2012, 12:07 PM

Ennis is only 22. Max was doing that crap well into his 20's almost in his 30s. Ennis has 9 points in the last 5 games. That isn't very Max like. I'd like to give him more time before I name him Max II. I think you are reaching here. There is plenty of other fish that we can blame for this crappy team. He has 5 more points for the season than Boyes has in 20 less games.

Cali512
03-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Ennis is only 22. Max was doing that crap well into his 20's almost in his 30s. Ennis has 9 points in the last 5 games. That isn't very Max like. I'd like to give him more time before I name him Max II. I think you are reaching here. There is plenty of other fish that we can blame for this crappy team. He has 5 more points for the season than Boyes has in 20 less games.

Ive watched Crosby, Ovetchkin, Stamkos, Lecavlier, Kane etc etc. They all do this. They take the game over with there puck skills, when a player is single handedly weeving through the D effortlessly and making chances happen, i consider that good, not a comparrison to a guy who i think led our team in turnovers every year. He plays smart, has a good forcheck, even tho hes doing what he does with the puck, he still looks for chances

OpIv37
03-20-2012, 01:26 PM

9 points in 5 games is great.

But it's 5 games. Ennis has looked like Max for the last 2 1/2 years. I'm not going to let 5 games override 2 1/2 years.

DrGraves
03-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Foligno is looking good.

Don't mock Max... this team hasn't been exciting to watch (with the puck) since he's left

Cali512
03-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Don't mock Max... this team hasn't been exciting to watch (with the puck) since he's left

Ennis and Gerbe bring his ghost back, but Ennis and Gerbe are also alot smarter and can squeeze threw checks bc there smarter.

Cali512
03-20-2012, 02:20 PM

But it's 5 games. Ennis has looked like Max for the last 2 1/2 years. I'm not going to let 5 games override 2 1/2 years.

Its the fact that the things he does with Foligno dont seem like a streak type thing. They seem to click together. Ennis can hold a puck as long as he wants and he doesnt have those 20 second holding the puck to just have it poked down the ice plays like max would. Ennis actually at least tries to do something with it. Ennis always seemed to try as hard as he could, but now it finally seems like its clicking.

Cali512
03-20-2012, 02:30 PM
And why is everyone comparing drury and briere? I was comparing him to players since. So lets see, Roy and Vanek? No, who else have been a good par for us since Briere and Drury?

DMBcrew36
03-20-2012, 02:56 PM
So two guys go on a hot streak and we want to proclaim them something? Slow down.

Lets talk when the Sabres are back in the Eastern finals.

chernobylwraiths
03-20-2012, 03:10 PM

He's played 131 NHL games. That's barely over 1-1/2 years. He only played 10 games 2 years ago.

chernobylwraiths
03-20-2012, 03:12 PM
And why is everyone comparing drury and briere? I was comparing him to players since. So lets see, Roy and Vanek? No, who else have been a good par for us since Briere and Drury?

Pomminville and Vanek started out pretty damned good this year.