PDA

View Full Version : One thing I still can't figure out....

OpIv37
03-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Leino is a bust but both Regehr and Ehrhoff can play. How did they not manage to help make this team better?

tampabay25690
03-19-2012, 10:47 PM
oh god

Crisis
03-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Leino is a bust but both Regehr and Ehrhoff can play. How did they not manage to help make this team better?

Ennis injury = no secondary scoring. We were a one line team when he was out, of course we're a one line team again now that he's back since poms and vanek have cooled down...

I remember seeing the teams record without one of Myers/Ehrhoff in the lineup, it's really night and day.

Not to mention terrible goal tending through that same stretch.

Crisis
03-19-2012, 11:09 PM
...Or the fact that Foligno right now has one less goal than Leino, Boyes, and Gerbe.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-20-2012, 05:53 AM
I think Erhoff has been good this season. If he can just start hitting the net on his shots.

I am not sure about Regier, but I am thinking with a defensive defenseman, if you don't notice him he is doing fine.

I think Leino has been better, but I am willing to give him another year.

Are we bunch of spoiled fans? Spoiled even after years of getting nothing?

We have been wishing and wishing for an owner that takes chances and spends money. We get exactly what we wished for. The team changes it's philosophy and starts going aggressively after free agents. They throw money out there on the top end free agents. They get them. The free agents aren't scoring 50 goals. We complain and cry about it?

OpIv37
03-20-2012, 07:59 AM
I think Erhoff has been good this season. If he can just start hitting the net on his shots.

I am not sure about Regier, but I am thinking with a defensive defenseman, if you don't notice him he is doing fine.

I think Leino has been better, but I am willing to give him another year.

Are we bunch of spoiled fans? Spoiled even after years of getting nothing?

We have been wishing and wishing for an owner that takes chances and spends money. We get exactly what we wished for. The team changes it's philosophy and starts going aggressively after free agents. They throw money out there on the top end free agents. They get them. The free agents aren't scoring 50 goals. We complain and cry about it?

It's about wins, not stats. If the Sabres were 4th in the conference with the potential to win the division, you wouldn't hear anyone talking about guys not scoring 50 goals.

And did you seriously just say that Buffalo sports fans are "spoiled?"

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-20-2012, 08:00 AM
It's about wins, not stats. If the Sabres were 4th in the conference with the potential to win the division, you wouldn't hear anyone talking about guys not scoring 50 goals.

And did you seriously just say that Buffalo sports fans are "spoiled?"

I asked "are we?" It sounds like it a lot. If it is about wins, then you have to hand it to them with the injury thing.

Philagape
03-20-2012, 08:32 AM
I'll take a shot ...
First, while Ehrhoff and Regehr are good players, it's not like they're All-Stars. They can't transform a game by their presence.
And they're such vastly different defensemen that their impact is diluted.
Ehrhoff helps the offense a little, but the forwards have been such a mess until recently that there's only so much he can do. He ain't playing with the Sedins anymore.
Regehr helps the defense a little, but as the only one who can do that well, again, only so much he can do.

trapezeus
03-20-2012, 09:02 AM
leino looks like he's finally skating for the past 4 weeks. i think he can be a piece.

Regeher was hurt at some point too.

Crisis
03-20-2012, 11:44 AM
leino looks like he's finally skating for the past 4 weeks. i think he can be a piece.

Regeher was hurt at some point too.

if he can be a playoff PPG player he's worth his contract. i think (hope) he's the type who will consistently elevate his play in the playoffs... he's definitely looked better as of late.

and nobody can still spell regehr correctly lol

Cali512
03-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Ehroff magically finds everyones skate when he shoots